Windows 10: Which email desktop client do you use and why?

Discus and support Which email desktop client do you use and why? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have used a number of clients over the years from Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2013. I am wondering what you guys... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by swarfega, Nov 2, 2014.

1. swarfega Win User

Which email desktop client do you use and why?

I have used a number of clients over the years from Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2013.

I am wondering what you guys use as your main client.

:)

swarfega, Nov 2, 2014

2. Unable to sync emails

Hello Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to assist you better.

1) Which email client are you referring to? Is it Outlook desktop client?
    2) If you are using Outlook desktop client, then what is the type of the email account? Is it POP3, IMAP, Exchange Active Sync, Microsoft Exchange Server?
    3) Do you receive any synchronization error code/messages?

I look forward to your reply for further assistance and suggestions.

Thank you

Praveen Venugopal, Nov 2, 2014
  3. Sooner_Al Win User
    Problem with emails from POP accounts being deleted from the server

Usually on your desktop there is a setting in the email client to leave messages on the server. Check the setting for your email account on your phone for a similar setting. Probably in the advanced setting for the POP account.

Perhaps the easiest solution, and one I use, is to use IMAP vs POP if your email provider offers that. IMAP allows you to fully sync email between the server and multiple clients. I use my Cox IMAP email with a Windows 8.1 laptop, a Windows 7 desktop,
    an iPad 4 and a Lumia 520. I see the same email folders on all devices.

If your provider does not offer IMAP you might consider switching to Outlook.com or Gmail which do.

Sooner_Al, Nov 2, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I just use my browser to read my email, GMAIL.
    I do like Thumderbird and I really should test it out in Win10TP.
    I've also used Eudora in the past and it was very good. IMO.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 2, 2014
  5. badrobot Win User
    I rarely use PC to check emails. I get all my messages on my Windows Phone.

badrobot, Nov 2, 2014
  6. Winuser Win User
    I used Outlook Express years ago. Now I use Thunderbird.

Winuser, Nov 2, 2014
  7. tomppa Win User
    I use Outlook 2013,and Gmail

tomppa, Nov 2, 2014
  8. Kari Win User

I've used Outlook so many years I couldn't live without it anymore. Currently using Outlook 2013.

Kari, Nov 2, 2014
  9. Postbox for me. Better than all the others.

noelbeth55, Nov 3, 2014
  10. eMail clients are one of those preferential things. Once you get used to a way of doing things, you tend to stick with that.

I use Windows Essential Mail (WEM/WLM) 2012 (win7, Win8, Win10) and the MS Mail app (Win10 only). I don't see the value add for the MS Mail app, probably because I don't have a Windows based tablet or phone. As it stands now, I use the MS Mail app to separate my normal life from .

I also use the web clients for eMail addresses that charge for POP3 or when on the road.

I've tried a number of other clients, but eMail is eMail ... get it from the server; read, store, reply, or delete it.
    I used Outlook 98 when it was free. Outlook is more than an eMail client though - it has powerful collaboration features.

Slartybart, Nov 3, 2014
  11. swarfega Win User
    Isn't postbox a fork of Thunderbird and you have to pay for it?

swarfega, Nov 3, 2014
  12. CountMike New Member
    Since I have MS Office anyway I use Outlook if I must but most my correspondence is done thru webmail.
    Speaking of Mail, where did my Mail App go, can't seem to find it, don't remember uninstalling it ? Wander if installing MS Office Outlook "ate" it. ?
    Typing "Mail" in search opens Outlook.

CountMike, Nov 3, 2014
  13. swarfega Win User

Perhaps you can reinstall from the store.

swarfega, Nov 3, 2014
  14. Good suggestion - at least Mike could check My Apps on the Store to see if it is installed

Slartybart, Nov 3, 2014
  15. CountMike New Member
    Good suggestion - at least Mike could check My Apps on the Store to see if it is installed Checked it, nowhere to be found. Downloaded and installed Mail App from store, now it works. Thanks guys.

CountMike, Nov 3, 2014
Thema:

1. Which email desktop client do you use and why? - Similar Threads - email desktop client

2. Why do you allow hypervisors you know are illegally used?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do you allow hypervisors you know are illegally used?: As a 15+ year victims of this horrible hypervisor tool of yours , I would like to know if you have any conscious feelings knowing how it's employed to harass, provoke, and intentionally hurt american citizens by government agencies? The agency I am speaking about has received...
  3. Which backup software do you use?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which backup software do you use?: Which backup software do you use to create backup of your windows 10 files and folder? I used file history and it is not showing any progress bar and taking a lot of time to create a backup of 34 gb files and folders...
  4. How to use Email client?

in Browsers and Email
    How to use Email client?: I have been using web interface free email for many years, but I recently really get tired of the web interface of Yahoo! Mail. I know little about SMTP and POP3 but I can imagine there could be a lot of problems about backup of emails, synchronization of mails between...
  5. GAMERS, which OS do you use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GAMERS, which OS do you use?: GAMERS, I'm going to build an inexpensive gaming machine and I started to wonder about the OS. I'm interested in knowing if I gamers run Linux (Ubuntu) or does it have to be windows? I have to pay for Window and I can get Linux for free...and since I don't do any gaming, I...
  6. Desktop email client as a frontend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop email client as a frontend: Hello folks, There are a few desktop email clients threads on this board. I checked a few but none discussed what I am looking for. I have multiple email accounts. I used to use Thunderbird in the past until its database size ballooned over 6gb. Now switched to a far...
  7. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  8. Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients: Mimecast (Email security vendor) has publish a warning today about possible email exploit called Ropemaker. A new type of email exploit could affect all kind of computer users, even the most advanced. Practically all desktop email clients are vulnerable to this exploit if...
  9. Is there a free email client for desktop use

in Browsers and Email
    Is there a free email client for desktop use: I use Outlook for my main email but I also have an gmail account as well as a hotmail (outlook). I would like a free email client that I can install on my computer so I can have a desktop email client for my gmail and hotmail accounts so I don't have to access it via web...
  10. Best alternative desktop email client

in Browsers and Email
    Best alternative desktop email client: Currently using Win Live Mail 2013 on desktop, but very buggy. Have tried Mail app in Win 10 but not as comprehensive as WinLiveMail Any suggestions for alternative stand alone desktop email client? *Smile 72169