Windows 10: Which faster? Restore image using Boot Disk or Windows(logged in)

Discus and support Which faster? Restore image using Boot Disk or Windows(logged in) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have to restore a system image, because when Win10 crashed, it wiped out my SSD and left it all unallocated. If you know what would cause that, I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by front360, May 28, 2018.

1. front360 Win User

Which faster? Restore image using Boot Disk or Windows(logged in)

I have to restore a system image, because when Win10 crashed, it wiped out my SSD and left it all unallocated. If you know what would cause that, I'd like for this to never happen again, so please let me know?

My real question is, would the Image Restore take less time to finish if I used a boot disk to restore, or if I just booted into Win Vista(I know tell me about it...old) using another computer and restore using the program inside Windows?

Would a restore from a networked computer definately be the slowest?
    Thanks in advance,
    Don

:)

front360, May 28, 2018

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, May 28, 2018
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, May 28, 2018
Thema:

Which faster? Restore image using Boot Disk or Windows(logged in)

1. Which faster? Restore image using Boot Disk or Windows(logged in) - Similar Threads - faster Restore image

2. Can't restore Windows from disk image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't restore Windows from disk image: I can't boot Windows. Created installation media on USB. Automatic repair doesn't work. I have a disk image on an external hard drive and 2 backups. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Screenshots taken on different device. Windows can't find the image. When trying to point to the...
  3. Use System Image restore

Use System Image restore: I had done a fresh install around middle of May. Kept MS out of it during install. Result was Administrator Account which I later hid, Me as Administrator local, Tester local, and Me with MS account. Setup backups and SR and C as system, D as programs, and E as data. A few...
  4. Restored image will not boot

Restored image will not boot: Having a really weird and annoying problem. I'm running Windows 10 Pro and my boot device is a Samsung Pro 950 512GB M.2 NVME SSD. It's been running great through many Windows 10 upgrades. I'm currently running the latest 1903 version. I'm starting to run out of room on the C...
  5. Create / restore disk image in windows7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create / restore disk image in windows7: I have an issue when i was trying to restore a previous disk image mage by windows 10 os. As i have a dual booted partition on my 240gb ssd drive with the other one being Windows 7 os. I was expecting the other one being restored as well. Instead i got a blank partition where...
  6. Which is faster? Macrium or Acronis?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which is faster? Macrium or Acronis?: Hello, I use Macrium Reflect Home and like it very much but I am unfamiliar with Acronis. Which one is faster? Need an opinion. Cheers? 120949
  7. Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found'

Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found': Windows 10 Pro, Toshiba Satellite upgraded from OEM Win 8. Created system image w/ Macrium and restored it to a new second HD(HD2). Both drives had a lot of partitions due to Win 8 upgraded to Win 8.1 and back to Win 8 prior to upgrade to Win 10. The laptop will have either...
  8. Restore a windows 10 disk image

Restore a windows 10 disk image: Hello, I made a windows 10 disk image with the built in tool as i had to send my surface pro back to CS. Now that it it bask I want to restore it. The problem is when I want to do recover it it finds correclty my backup on my external hard drive but after selecting it it...
  9. Restore with disk image

Restore with disk image: How do I reinstall Windows 10 from a USB Disk Image 17737
  10. Image restore to different hard disk doesn't boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Image restore to different hard disk doesn't boot.: I've been swapping out Windows 10 and Windows 7 on my desktop using Macrium Reflect (free version) image backups and restores to the same disk for more than a year without any problem. However, today I restored the last saved Windows 10 backup image to a newly acquired disk...