Windows 10: Which File in $Windows.~WS has Keys?

Discus and support Which File in $Windows.~WS has Keys? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello ALL: I hate it when I see something and can not get back to it! I have an image of my WIN 10 1511 BEFORE I removed the upgrade files so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MPSAN, Nov 15, 2015.

1. MPSAN Win User

Which File in $Windows.~WS has Keys?

Hello ALL:

I hate it when I see something and can not get back to it!

I have an image of my WIN 10 1511 BEFORE I removed the upgrade files so I can explore it. My question is what file in (I Believe) $Windows.~WS has the key information? As I said, I have seen this reported but can not find it anywhere in the forum(s).

:)

MPSAN, Nov 15, 2015
  2. Ztruker Win User

Key? What key? Win 10 uses a generic key that is not used for activation so is of no use. Only if you buy a retail copy of Win 10 will get a unique key. For instance, for my Win 10 Pro X64 system with the 1511 update applied:

Which File in $Windows.~WS has Keys? [​IMG]

The key ending in 3V66T is a generic key.

Ztruker, Nov 15, 2015
  3. MPSAN Win User
    OK, but I know I saw this. If I do find it I will respond to my oen thread.

MPSAN, Nov 15, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
  5. MPSAN Win User
    MPSAN, Nov 16, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You have to have Media Creation Tool open in order for products.xml to be there.

NavyLCDR, Nov 16, 2015
  7. MPSAN Win User
    OH, well my update is done so I guess it is to late. Not sure it would tell me anything anyway but I was wondering what was in there.

MPSAN, Nov 16, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

It's still not too late, all you have to do is download Media Creation Tool and run it. Once the program opens it will create products.xml. That file is a list of the different versions of Windows 10 that are available for the MCT to download. The keys are not product keys. The keys are for decrypting the install.esd files within the ISOs that are downloaded.

NavyLCDR, Nov 16, 2015
  9. MPSAN Win User
    OK, I guess that file was something else.

MPSAN, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Which File in $Windows.~WS has Keys? - Similar Threads - File $Windows ~WS

2. How to get key by which my windows has been activated. I have no documentation on which key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get key by which my windows has been activated. I have no documentation on which key...: I have no documentation on which my windows activation key might have been as I got laptop from scholarship in University, and recently my laptop has been affected by trojan virus, to deal with it now I have to reinstall windows and clean the storage completely, but by doing...
  3. Encoding Options in WS 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encoding Options in WS 2019: Ive run into a weird thing in Windows Server 2019, when I look at the encoding options in NotePad, it only shows one option for UTF-8, when i save a file using that, its adding the BOM. On my laptop, if i look in the same place, i see two options instead, UTF-8 With BOM and...
  4. Windows ws reset error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows ws reset error: can someone help me with ws reset purge error i cant open any microsoft apps or microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-ws-reset-error/27bf89d5-203d-461c-a692-42d92adef176
  5. Printer WS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer WS: All I know is WS stands for “web services” for printing devices. Everyone says it was provided by Microsoft. I have two printer icons one has WS and the other does not have WS. What is the Printer WS for? What does it do? Thank you in advance....
  6. Canon MX880 shows as FAX WS, not Printer WS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon MX880 shows as FAX WS, not Printer WS: Adding a Canon MX 882 to my network shows it as a FAX WS on my ASUS Laptop And as a Printer WS on my Microsoft Surface. I need it to show as a printer on the ASUS for my wife to use....
  7. Which Windows Key is legal?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which Windows Key is legal?: Hi, I had just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 OEM. When I checked Windows key (by software Show Key Plus), It shown 3 keys with note: - Windows 10 Home Single Language - K62NP-KT2WK-6HX2X-B8JJR-XXXXX (Installed Key) - Win 10 RTM CoreSingleLanguage OEM:DM -...
  8. $Windows.~WS ? ? ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    $Windows.~WS ? ? ?: Does anybody know what the $Windows.~WS file is and can it be removed? It's not removed when you do "disc clean of system files". Any ideas *Cool 11272
  9. $Windows.~WS folder deleting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    $Windows.~WS folder deleting: hello I tried to download win10 twice with media tool but it reached ~75% and then its just gone without any error ... however this is not the problem I think the downloaded 75% are still stored on my C drive because i have a folder called $Windows.~WS its empty (there is...
  10. Can $Windows.~WS Be Safely Deleted?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can $Windows.~WS Be Safely Deleted?: Does $Windows.~WS need to be left in place for anything, e.g. 'Reset this PC', or can it be safely deleted? Thanks. 9407