Windows 10: which Hardware SATA RAid CARDs are compaitible with windows 10

Discus and support which Hardware SATA RAid CARDs are compaitible with windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an asus motherboard based off intel on windows 7. It prompts to say windows 10 update is available. I checked with Intel and ASUS and it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sjay, Oct 10, 2015.

1. sjay Win User

which Hardware SATA RAid CARDs are compaitible with windows 10

I have an asus motherboard based off intel on windows 7. It prompts to say windows 10 update is available. I checked with Intel and ASUS and it seems there is no support for Intel RST Software raid in windows 10 on my motherboard. I need to find a Hardware SATA RAid Card that I can install and then upgrade to windows ten with Intel RST uninstalled. I may need to do a reinstall of the OS as well. Any ideas suggestions?

:)

2. Install Windows 10

Are you talking about during the clean installation of the OS? Windows 10?

Just a simple STRIPE array (no redundancy)...

Assuming you meant two 2TB (not 2GB) Seagate branded drives. (The edge of the supported for that card in RAID.)

If it is this card:

SATA Controller Cards | StarTech.com

. . . it's fairly old. May be there just are not any drivers for Window 10.

Shenan Stanley, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 install disabled RAID

I've probably seen more than 500 cases of RAID, every one of which was a problem. I don't need lectures that certain RAIDs are redundant as I already said even those report they'd lost their data, which is why I said it doesn't live up to the first letter
    of its name.

You asked how there could be a BIOS setting for RAID. This is because there is software RAID enabled on the SATA controller. We have cases where injection of MSAHCI driver via Windows 10 Updates toggles AHCI mode from SATA or RAID causing a no-start situation
    - something Lenovo put out a bulletin for over a year ago.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 10, 2015
Thema:

which Hardware SATA RAid CARDs are compaitible with windows 10

1. which Hardware SATA RAid CARDs are compaitible with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hardware SATA RAid

2. Moving a hardware RAID card and drives to new MB, CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving a hardware RAID card and drives to new MB, CPU: My motherboard failed on a Windows 10 system to boot after around 8 years so I had to get a new one. My question is can I simply move a hardware RAID card and drives to the new MB and new CPU RAM without any significant issues? If there are no significant issues, I understand...
  3. Moving a hardware RAID card and drives to new MB, CPU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving a hardware RAID card and drives to new MB, CPU: My motherboard failed on a Windows 10 system to boot after around 8 years so I had to get a new one. My question is can I simply move a hardware RAID card and drives to the new MB and new CPU RAM without any significant issues? If there are no significant issues, I understand...
  4. Moving a hardware RAID card and drives to new MB, CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hardware Raid card for Gigabyte Z390 UD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Raid card for Gigabyte Z390 UD: I tried the LSI/3Ware 9650SE-2LP and the 9650SE-4LPML in a new Gigabyte Z390 UD motherboard build, but the motherboard doesn't seem to be compatible. During boot, it seems to try to load the 3Ware Bios, but then fails. Is there a hardware Raid card that is compatible with...
  6. SATA 6 GBps RAID Card Recommendation

SATA 6 GBps RAID Card Recommendation: I'm looking to do away with my standalone NAS and combine it's functionality with my always-on Windows Server. I have three spinner drives purchased and want to use an add-in RAID controller card. Does anyone have recommendations for one that won't break the bank? The...
  7. Software Vs Hardware RAID

Software Vs Hardware RAID: Hi there Unless you NEED more HDD ports it really is NOT worth buying any consumer grade RAID controller card - these days they are far slower than by doing it with software - Windows Storage spaces is extremely good (and you can use different size HDD's for striping /...
  8. Windows 10 problem of sata card drives

Windows 10 problem of sata card drives: I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a new pc but only accepts to select the installation disk path when windows will be installed only of the sata drives that are connected to the motherboard but not the drives on the sata card i have. I'm using DVD of windows 10 and i have...
  9. Adding a SATA RAID card

Adding a SATA RAID card: I'm wondering if I've made a schoolboy error here... I'm trying to add more disks to my desktop and have run out of SATA ports the motherboard has 6. I've just added a SATA RAID card (Semlos 4 Ports PCI Sata Internal Raid Controller Card Sil3114 Chipset with 2 Sata...
  10. Can't boot to Windows 10 after changing SATA mode and RAID

Can't boot to Windows 10 after changing SATA mode and RAID: So at first, I was trying to resolve an issue with my BD-ROM drive described here: XPS 8700 - BD-ROM (HL-DT-ST DVDRW/BDROM CH20N) Not Recognized Windows 10 - Disk Drives (HDD, CD/DVD, Blu-ray) Forum - Disk Drives - Dell Community However, when attempting to try different...