Windows 10: Which ISO to use for Windows 10 Home SL?

Discus and support Which ISO to use for Windows 10 Home SL? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I downloaded web setup from Microsoft. I wanted to make USB installer I can use on multiple laptops running Windows 8.1 SL. Any option of ISO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by trashcanbin10, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Which ISO to use for Windows 10 Home SL?

So, I downloaded web setup from Microsoft. I wanted to make USB installer I can use on multiple laptops running Windows 8.1 SL.

Any option of ISO creation I picked would never let me install Windows Home SL. It's always asking for a key.

Meanwhile, Pro version never asks me for any key. It always installs on top of Windows 7 pro/ultimate/Windows 8 pro without hassle and activated correctly.

:)

trashcanbin10, Nov 19, 2015

2. Windows 10 Pro ISO

Shenan, if I understand you correctly both Windows 10 home and Windows 10 Pro are both downloaded and the one that is on your machine is the version that gets installed. In other words if I have an up-to-date USB ISO which I used to install Windows 10
    Home I also already have the ISO for Windows 10 Pro which will install Pro now that I have upgraded to Pro.

SilverBack70, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Downgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Home Single Language from ISO

I am running Windows 10 Home Single Language just fine. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Single Language. Trying to upgrade manually to the Anniversary Update, I accidentally installed Windows 10 Home instead of Windows 10 Home Single Language (how? It's a long
    story--I can give detail if required.) Now, it wouldn't activate. So now I'm downloading the Windows 10 Home Single Language ISO using the Media Creation Tool.

Can I downgrade my Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Home Single Language using the ISO created by Media Creation Tool without burning a DVD or making a bootable flash drive? If yes, which option should I choose when running the EXE inside the ISO?

TarShoduze, Nov 19, 2015
  4. Which ISO to use for Windows 10 Home SL?

The Media Creation tool is I believe multi edition Home and Pro, like my MSDN ISO's, but does not include the SL version? I don't see it listed on MSDN either? That's a step back IMHO, it's an option on the Windows 8.1 MCT. An 8.0 Core OEM key (not SL) will install 10 Home. Verified that myself. I don't know where you get that ISO? Hopefully it gets added to the MCT at some point. It's a pain but you likely can run the MCT on each PC and chose the "Upgrade this PC now" option to get around it. Not ideal but it should work. Then see if you get 10 Home or 10 Home SL. If you get the full 10 Home, they will have a digital entitlement for it. Any clean installs after that will work with the ISO's you have now. You just select Home and click skip key.

alphanumeric, Nov 19, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    The media creation tool does not give you the option (that I can see) to download - CoreSingleLanguage

But windows update does...

You can download the CoreSingleLanguage ESD files directly from windows update
    Then create your own CoreSingleLanguage ISO's from the ESD file using Ultimate ESD to ISO

What language are you wanting ??

6. spapakons Win User
    You can download Windows 10 Single Language version directly from Microsoft Tech Bench. The standard version "Windows 10" cannot upgrade SL versions, download the SL version for those computers. "English" is English US and "English International" is English GB. Make sure you download the same language as your previous Windows, or you won't be allowed to upgrade and offered a clean-install instead. I found out the hard way, after many hours waiting the download to complete, only to discover I had downloaded English GB while I needed English US *cry They could write explicitly US or GB to make it clear.

spapakons, Nov 20, 2015
  7. Hi there, I'm the TC of this thread. The last Tech Bench link worked, but it was eons ago. Now I need new ISO to install other SL PC, but can't find any link. There must be an ISO available to download and use somewhere that doesn't need me tinkering around it just to use it.

Damn son, Microsoft sure as hell know how to annoy people.

trashcanbin10, Nov 27, 2016
  8. Which ISO to use for Windows 10 Home SL?

So I had to talk to Microsoft Agent and they gave me this link:

Windows 10 ISO

Finally.

trashcanbin10, Nov 27, 2016
  9. swarfega Win User
    Google would have found that for you. However I usually use this link.

swarfega, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Which ISO to use for Windows 10 Home SL?

1. Which ISO to use for Windows 10 Home SL? - Similar Threads - ISO Home

2. Where can I download Window 7 Home Premium ISO without installing downloaders and/or malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I download Window 7 Home Premium ISO without installing downloaders and/or malware?: I have a PC that came with Windows 7 Home Premium and now I need to reinstall the OS. I'm having problems locating the Home Premium version. Can someone please post a download link for this OS?...
  3. Where can I download Window 7 Home Premium ISO without installing downloaders and/or malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I download Window 7 Home Premium ISO without installing downloaders and/or malware?: I have a PC that came with Windows 7 Home Premium and now I need to reinstall the OS. I'm having problems locating the Home Premium version. Can someone please post a download link for this OS?...
  4. installing a pro ISO on a laptop with Home OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing a pro ISO on a laptop with Home OEM: what will happen if i install windows pro when my laptop has OEM Windows Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-pro-iso-on-a-laptop-with-home-oem/3fef8d61-8930-49a3-817a-b58d082c4678
  5. installing a pro ISO on a laptop with Home OEM

installing a pro ISO on a laptop with Home OEM: what will happen if i install windows pro when my laptop has OEM Windows Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-pro-iso-on-a-laptop-with-home-oem/3fef8d61-8930-49a3-817a-b58d082c4678
  6. Where to download "Windows Home Single Language" ISO file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to download "Windows Home Single Language" ISO file?: Hi, im currently on arch linux and i want to go back to using windows but i accidentally wiped out the drive where windows was installed on the process of installing arch...My laptop has OEM license for windows "Home Single Language" edition but i don't know where should i...
  7. Where to download "Windows Home Single Language" ISO file?

Where to download "Windows Home Single Language" ISO file?: Hi, im currently on arch linux and i want to go back to using windows but i accidentally wiped out the drive where windows was installed on the process of installing arch...My laptop has OEM license for windows "Home Single Language" edition but i don't know where should i...
  8. Where to download "Windows Home Single Language" ISO file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How will I can download Windows 10 Home & 11 Home 64bit iso officially?

How will I can download Windows 10 Home & 11 Home 64bit iso officially?: How will I can download Windows 10 Home & 11 Home 64bit iso officially orlese from any trusted site?#microsofthelp #windowshelp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-will-i-can-download-windows-10-home-11-home/19546260-8c76-4457-9e36-7764cab204a1
  10. How will I can download Windows 10 Home & 11 Home 64bit iso officially?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How will I can download Windows 10 Home & 11 Home 64bit iso officially?: How will I can download Windows 10 Home & 11 Home 64bit iso officially orlese from any trusted site?#microsofthelp #windowshelp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-will-i-can-download-windows-10-home-11-home/19546260-8c76-4457-9e36-7764cab204a1