Windows 10: Which language for update media

Discus and support Which language for update media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have WIn 7 Ultimate. The original install was in English, but the system had the German language pack installed. Which language do I need for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bigbadbob, Jul 28, 2016.

1. bigbadbob Win User

Which language for update media

I have WIn 7 Ultimate. The original install was in English, but the system had the German language pack installed.

Which language do I need for the upgrade media? Just want to double check before wasting time with the wrong one.

:)

bigbadbob, Jul 28, 2016
  2. Ronaldjw Win User

Which language should I select in the media creation tool while doing a clean reinstall of windows 10 ?

Hi , Yes choose the recoomended settiing , it default to the to the correct language for the installation, The upgrade will check you 8.1 OEM settings , and upgrade.

Ronaldjw, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Which language should I select in the media creation tool while doing a clean reinstall of windows 10 ?

Choosing a particular language does not affect your activation status.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

You need English install media. You can use both US English and UK English Windows 10 media. Notice that because Windows 7 was only available in US English, if you upgrade using UK English Windows 10 install media you will get this notification:

Which language for update media [​IMG]

This only means that your Windows 7 EN-US will be upgraded to Windows 10 EN-GB but all your software, settings and files will be kept if you so choose. Click OK to continue from here.

If you start upgrading from Get Windows 10 app on your Windows 7, the upgrade will be done in US English. If you want UK English you need to separately download the install media, see tutorial: Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

When downloading, select correct language. English = US English, English International = British English:

Which language for update media [​IMG]

Notice that your German Windows 7 language pack will be removed when you upgrade. All language packs must be reinstalled after the upgrade.

5. bigbadbob Win User
    Thanks for that .

Also v. useful to know that the language pack will be removed during update.

bigbadbob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Which language for update media - Similar Threads - language update media

2. which language is this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which language is this?: <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>HTTP Status Codes</title> </head> <body> <h1>HTTP Status Codes</h1> <p>Below are some common HTTP status codes and their descriptions:</p> <ul> <li><strong>200 OK:</strong> The request was successful.</li> <li><strong>404 Not...
  3. which language is this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    which language is this?: <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>HTTP Status Codes</title> </head> <body> <h1>HTTP Status Codes</h1> <p>Below are some common HTTP status codes and their descriptions:</p> <ul> <li><strong>200 OK:</strong> The request was successful.</li> <li><strong>404 Not...
  4. Change Media Player Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Media Player Language: Change Media Player Language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-media-player-language/8cd16372-d287-4bf5-85d7-8b0cd033b794
  5. Change Media Player Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Media Player Language: Change Media Player Language https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-media-player-language/8cd16372-d287-4bf5-85d7-8b0cd033b794
  6. Removing unwanted keyboard when the language which is not in the win language pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing unwanted keyboard when the language which is not in the win language pack: Please do not ask me how that happen - my 7yo son was usingthe pc and after that I have noticed extra input keyboard - "PapiamentoCaribbean US keyboard". Problem is that in the language pack Windows10, latest updates I have found only "Papiamentu", not"Papiamento", so the...
  7. Which is better - Media Creation Tool or Update Assistant?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which is better - Media Creation Tool or Update Assistant?: Hi, I am planning to update from 1909 to 20H2 on an older computer, via manual update. Which tool do you think is better for this -- Media Creation Tool or Update Assistant? Thanks. 175908
  8. How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove language from language bar, which is not in the settings: [img] [img] Please help ! Language is not in the settings, how can i remove it ? 138451
  9. Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?: Which version do I suppose to get? Right now it's like this: [img] Is it already the good version? Or do I have to wait a day longer (impatient me haha!) And how do I know it's updating to the last version. Oops, so many questions at once, sorry you guys! *Redface...
  10. Which language is this at Advanced Startup boot & why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which language is this at Advanced Startup boot & why?: when im trying to Advanced startup menu it's showing another language .. firstly showed preparing automatic repair in english then suddenly changed another langauge not only "preparing automatic repair" All are changed another langauge in Advanced startup settings. why? is...