Windows 10: Which should I choose to upgrade to w10-W7 OEM-slp or W7 sp1 Retail?

Discus and support Which should I choose to upgrade to w10-W7 OEM-slp or W7 sp1 Retail? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Which should I choose to upgrade to w10-W7 OEM-slp or W7 sp1 Retail? Here was my setup when I was an insider Primary Partition 1 Windows 7 Retail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by groze, Jul 25, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Which should I choose to upgrade to w10-W7 OEM-slp or W7 sp1 Retail?

Here was my setup when I was an insider

Primary Partition 1 Windows 7 Retail
    Primary Partition 2 Windows 10 preview upgraded from windows 7 oem-slp.*
    Partition 5 Xubuntu
    Partition 6 Linux swap.

I can go that way above with the windows 10 release or I can go this way

Primary Partition 1 Windows 7 Oem-slp
    Primary Partition 2 Windows 10 retail upgraded from windows 7 oem-slp.*
    Partition 5 Xubuntu
    Partition 6 Linux swap.

*This will eventually be a clean install.

:)

groze, Jul 25, 2015
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

windows 10 upgrade

Hi!

Put W7 back on it and SP1, get it activated with the W7 key. Then upgrade
    first to W10. Let it activate over the internet.

Teddy2016, Jul 25, 2015
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    This PC can't run Windows 10

Insufficient info provided but it appears that 'network adapter' does not have a driver that is supported by W10.

What is make, model of your 'network adapter' ?

You say you are upgrading from W7, is it W7 w/ SP1, many device drivers used in W7 have not been upgraded by the manufacturers to work with W10.

Shilohbob, Jul 25, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

What ever you want to. In the end you have to decide.

BunnyJ, Jul 25, 2015
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    If you get the free upgrade, it will upgrade either the OEM7>OEM10 or the Retail7>retail10, if you keep one version of 7. The most useful would be the retail, since that is transferable if the motherboard dies, but the OEM will die with it.

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Which should I choose to upgrade to w10-W7 OEM-slp or W7 sp1 Retail? - Similar Threads - should choose upgrade

2. W7 to W10 retail version product keys.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W7 to W10 retail version product keys.: Hi forum members. I'm hoping that someone here can shed some light on a problem I have identifying which W10 Pro upgrades I can reuse. I used to have a number of Windows7 PC's with retail Pro licenses which have now been dismantled. I had taken advantage of the free Windows10...
  3. Upgrading from W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  4. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  5. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  6. BIOS setting and W7 to W10 Upgrade

BIOS setting and W7 to W10 Upgrade: I'm looking to help someone upgrade a fairly new desktop PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the MCT method. When we installed Windows 7 on this machine I recall going into the UEFI BIOS and changing the Boot > Safe Boot > OS Type setting from the default "Windows UEFI...
  7. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  8. Trouble with W7 Pro to W10 upgrade

Trouble with W7 Pro to W10 upgrade: I'm trying to do an upgrade, but it keeps on stopping on this error: 0xC1900101-0x4000D. Can someone point me to a solution? 26379
  9. VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7)

VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7): For those who are thinking about upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, here's how I did it. I upgraded WIn 7 to Win 10 and then I rolled it back to Win 7 again. Warning: 16mins video from start to finish (you can fast forward at will). Total upgrade and rollback time is about...
  10. Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10

Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10: Having a nightmare trying to do this. The PC has an SSD with C: and D: on. C: has Windows and programs that don't offer a choice of where to install, D: has my Lightroom Catalogue and programs which offer a choice. C: has 25.4 of 94.6 GN free, D: has 4.57 of 17GB free. It...