Windows 10: Which SSD for HP Laptop

Discus and support Which SSD for HP Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear friend Now I need to replace new SSD for my laptop HP Elitebook. Please let me know what SSD is the best for HP elitbook with Windows 10 Home.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by qdungeng, Mar 11, 2017.

1. qdungeng Win User

Which SSD for HP Laptop

Dear friend

Now I need to replace new SSD for my laptop HP Elitebook. Please let me know what SSD is the best for HP elitbook with Windows 10 Home.

Thanks

:)

qdungeng, Mar 11, 2017
  2. BajaBarry Win User

Need to xfer SSD from dead laptop

I have some old HP DM3 laptops. All have been upgraded to W10. I've been using one, with an SSD, as a media device. It died. I swapped the SSD into another which has been just a spare, but found that it is no longer considered genuine Windows. Is there anything
    I can do to use the SSD in the spare laptop?

BajaBarry, Mar 11, 2017
  3. Ken Floyd Win User
    I certainly hope I'm on the correct thread this time. Error message: We couldn't install some updates using the account you're signed up with.

The SSD drive is partitioned in the manner which all HPs are. There is an HP_Recovery partition. The terabyte drive's a secondary drive in the laptop. If I remove it, my machine will not operate properly

Ken Floyd, Mar 11, 2017
  4. Which SSD for HP Laptop

Hi qdungeng

Not sure that it really matters which SSD you use, all should work. Now your storage interface, if I read specs properly, is only SATA 2.0, so you won't be able to take advantage of an ultra premium drive with very high specs. You can go for space rather than blinding r/w specs.

Before buying I would see how difficult it is to replace. Some HDD's are buried inside. I would also quickly check connections. Most SSD's today are very slim in terms of height.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 11, 2017
  5. qdungeng Win User
    Hi Ken

My laptop is HP elitebook 2560P :
    - Chip : Cores I5 2.5
    - Ram 4Gb Bus 1333
    - HDD 500Gb SATA III by SAMSUNG.

Please advice me.
    Thanks

qdungeng, Mar 12, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    The computer is shown as having a SATA II interface. The actual hard drive currently installed might be a SATA III capable HDD, but the computer side of the interface is SATA II. Therefore, any SSD you put in it is going to be limited by the computer side SATA II, so I wouldn't spend a whole lot of extra money on a super high speed SSD that is going to be connected to a SATA II port.

NavyLCDR, Mar 12, 2017
  7. qdungeng Win User
    Wwhy original of HDD is HITACHI 7K750-500 ? "The new 2.5“ Travelstar 7K750 model features 16 MB of cache, a 3 Gb/s SATA interface".

qdungeng, Mar 12, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Which SSD for HP Laptop

and 3 Gb/s SATA is SATA II. SATA III is 6 Gb/s.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Which SSD for HP Laptop

1. Which SSD for HP Laptop - Similar Threads - SSD Laptop

2. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  3. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD: I have been working on a brand new out of box laptop that has completely thrown me for a loop. I wiped 11 off since the friend that gave it to me to work on didnt want that OS, so i started on wiping it and getting it ready for 10. The first roadblock was after the wipe, now...
  4. Brand new laptop cannot detect M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized: Hi, Since my Laptop Win11 did an update and shutdown, it's stuck on BitLock recovery loop. Pressing the Esc key for more options does not work, I get a Bluescreen everytime. Entering my BitLock recovery key does not work, again, I get a Bluescreen. I tried a bootable Win11...
  6. Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized

Laptop stuck in BitLock recovery Mode after Update, SSD is not being recognized: Hi, Since my Laptop Win11 did an update and shutdown, it's stuck on BitLock recovery loop. Pressing the Esc key for more options does not work, I get a Bluescreen everytime. Entering my BitLock recovery key does not work, again, I get a Bluescreen. I tried a bootable Win11...
  7. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  8. Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...

Can i upgrade the SSD in my laptop and keep the same windows license that came with it when...: I want to upgrade storage as it is too little and i have an SSD i want to replace it with, am i able to use my windows license i have in the old SSD on the new one instead? It is a laptop windows license so it came with the laptop i bought. I would like some assistance thank...
  9. How to properly "reset" the SSD on a used laptop with Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to properly "reset" the SSD on a used laptop with Windows 11: I just bought a used laptop and I would like to "reset" the SSD in order to avoid that any virus/malware would remain in the memory.The laptop comes with Windows 11 installed originally it had Windows 10 and the seller already did a factory reset, but I would like to...
  10. How to properly "reset" the SSD on a used laptop with Windows 11

How to properly "reset" the SSD on a used laptop with Windows 11: I just bought a used laptop and I would like to "reset" the SSD in order to avoid that any virus/malware would remain in the memory.The laptop comes with Windows 11 installed originally it had Windows 10 and the seller already did a factory reset, but I would like to...