Windows 10: Which version should I try out?

Discus and support Which version should I try out? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a few somewhat successful tests of TP 10041, updated to 10049, I deleted it. I am going to re-install to a 2nd hard drive. At this point 10056,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gramps, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Gramps Win User

Which version should I try out?

After a few somewhat successful tests of TP 10041, updated to 10049, I deleted it. I am going to re-install to a 2nd hard drive. At this point 10056, 10051, 10049 and 10041 TP's are all available. What would be the recommendation as which one to install? Pretty much ruled out 10041. 10056 looks tempting and I am not overly concerned that I may not be able to update that version in the future as when the final release becomes available I will do a clean install. Also, a note of thanks to all the contributors here, lot of good info available.

:)

Gramps, Apr 21, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Apr 21, 2015
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    Which version of windows should I use?

It depends entirely on you , what your business is, how big it is, what you do with the computers, how many computers you have, etc. For many businesses, Windows Home is fine; for larger businesses, Enterprise may be a much better idea. Please give us more
    details.

And let me add a very minor point about the terminology: Windows *10* is the version; Home, Professional, and Enterprise are *Editions."

Ken Blake, Apr 21, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Welcome to the forums.. from my experience I've found that build 10049 is the most stable and useful off all of the builds. The new features of 10056 are not that many and not worth the trouble testing. When the next official build comes down it's going to be an easy update over 10049.

HTH

BunnyJ, Apr 21, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    *Ditto

Vladimir, Apr 21, 2015
  6. Gramps Win User
    Thanks for the recommendation. 10049 it will be.

Gramps, Apr 21, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    Build 10049 is the way to go. We are close to the next official release and with 10049 it should be easy to upgrade.

Winuser, Apr 21, 2015
  8. Charlie Win User

10041 is the official last iso dropped by Microsoft. All 10049 are built by the users? I would go with 10049.

Charlie, Apr 21, 2015
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    *Ditto*Ditto

f14tomcat, Apr 22, 2015
  10. Gramps Win User
    Thanks to all for the info. Got busy with some other things today. Will work on the install tomorrow.*Biggrin

Gramps, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Which version should I try out? - Similar Threads - version should try

2. Which version of Windows 10 should I have?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which version of Windows 10 should I have?: I’ve recently replaced the RAM on my HP Probook 470 G5 laptop after hardware diagnostic tests revealed the original Samsung modules to be faulty, and hoped that after doing so I would be able to download the latest 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro, which I understand to be...
  3. Which version of Windows 10 should I have?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which version of Windows 10 should I have?: I’ve recently replaced the RAM on my HP Probook 470 G5 laptop after hardware diagnostic tests revealed the original Samsung modules to be faulty, and hoped that after doing so I would be able to download the latest 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro, which I understand to be...
  4. Which version of Windows 10 should I have?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Which OS version should I install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which OS version should I install?: My dad asked me to help fix up his old laptop, a Thinkpad SL400. It has been upgraded to an SSD and 4GB of RAM. However, the cpu is still the same (core 2 duo). He will be using the laptop for browsing, office apps, and zoom calls. What edition of Windows 10 should I...
  6. Which version of Java should i install to run minecraft 1.8.9?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which version of Java should i install to run minecraft 1.8.9?: Hi, i have a Minecraft 1.8.9 client that is required by a server, i already reported a bug to them that it keeps crashing with the latest version of java. So, what version of java should i install? P.s, they told me that i should install another version, but they never...
  7. Which version SHOULD I have?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which version SHOULD I have?: I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004. As yet, I have not been offered the 20H2 update, but I have on my other PC which is version 1909. Firstly, should I manually update 2004 to 20H2, or wait to see if it appears in updates? Secondly, the update failed on my other PC so shall I...
  8. Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which Windows 10 version should I use for Clean Install ?: I am fed up with my computer's performance decreasing as new updates are installed. So I plan to do a clean install. Which build version of Windows 10 should I use? submitted by /u/AERegeneratel38 [link] [comments]...
  9. Which version of windows should i use on mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which version of windows should i use on mac: I have a mac and want to install windows on it in either a vm virtualbox or with boot camp. I will be running only 1 instance of windows. 1. Which version of windows should i use? Retail/OEM? 2. If i get a new mac and no longer use the old one, can i use the same windows...
  10. Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ?: I have had few tragic incidences of either losing older Outlook databases or the incompatibility of which despite whatever steps suggested by Microsoft to migrate them to new format . So basically my pcs/laptops are now running on both office 2013 / 2016 , and since the...