Windows 10: Which VMware workstation player to install on windows 10

Discus and support Which VMware workstation player to install on windows 10 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; can i install any version ? can i install linux or windows 7 using vmware on windows 10 ? Thank you in advance 37303 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by MAXIQ, Jan 12, 2016.

1. MAXIQ Win User

Which VMware workstation player to install on windows 10

can i install any version ?
    can i install linux or windows 7 using vmware on windows 10 ?

Thank you in advance

:)

MAXIQ, Jan 12, 2016

2. VmWare Player 6.0.7 lost network conecctivity after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7

Thanks for the feedback. We are sorry to hear of your networking problem which occurred as a result of upgrading to Windows 10. Removing and reinstalling your version of VMWare Player after the upgrade to Windows 10 will likely resolve your problem (as
    it will restart the key VMWare networking services which enable your PC and VMs to have network connectivity). VMWare has also updated its line of desktop virtualization software to be Windows 10 compatible. You may also want to update to the latest versions
    of VMware Workstation 12 Player.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Nanakul [MSFT], Jan 12, 2016
  3. vmplayer 7 can not access internet in windows 10

Thanks for the feedback. We are sorry to hear of your networking problem which occurred as a result of upgrading to Windows 10. Removing and reinstalling your version of VMWare Player after the upgrade to Windows 10 will likely resolve your problem (as
    it will restart the key VMWare networking services which enable your PC and VMs to have network connectivity). VMWare has also updated its line of desktop virtualization software to be Windows 10 compatible. You may also want to update to the latest versions
    of VMware Workstation 12 Player.

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Nanakul [MSFT], Jan 12, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

VMware workstation is at version 12.1 and can be installed Windows 10,8,or 7 64 bit only, They stopped making 32 bit versions of VMware Workstation at 10.1 and that can be installed on Windows 10,8,or 7 32 bit computers.

Yes you can run almost any version of Windows on it and also most versions of Linux, I think it is even possible to run Android 86 but I'm not sure I haven't tried Android yet

sml156, Jan 13, 2016
  5. altae Win User
    Since VMWare player comes for free it's definitely recommendable to install the latest version.

altae, Jan 16, 2016
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
  7. strollin Win User
    strollin, Jan 16, 2016
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    Yes that will work --BUT: it's more Ms orientated so running some Linux Distros might be problematical, and also if you have eseoteric hardware that requires its own drivers then there's also a problem. USB support is "iffy" to say the least and if you want Sound / Video from the VM you'll probably be out of luck unless you use RDP (remote desktop) to transfer sound etc.

HYPER-V IMO works fine if you want just basic file and print server stuff --for running real legacy hardware on VM's such as old scanners / Minidisc recorders / Vinyl cutting recording studio stuff / Old photograph negative scanners etc you would be better off using VMWARE or VBOX.

I have an XP VM machine which still handles an old HP Plotter for example and some Blueprint drawing hardware -- no way is that stuff supported any more - even on Windows 7. It works fine on the XP VM which will outlast my W7 systems. Some of this old hardware works fine and is very expensive - if not impossible to replace. A full XP VM under VMware works fine --no way does this stuff work as a VM in a HYPER V system.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 16, 2016
  9. MAXIQ Win User
    Thank you all for the valuable information you shared, i will go with jimbo45 advice, using whs tutorial, with the latest VMware version as altae mentioned with special thanks to sml156 for the reply.

MAXIQ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Which VMware workstation player to install on windows 10 - Similar Threads - VMware workstation player

2. Windows 10 Pro inside VMware Workstation Player - License Query

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro inside VMware Workstation Player - License Query: The host OS is Windows 11 Pro and this is OEM version running on a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop.The guest OS is Windows 10 Pro booting in a VMware Workstation Player.Do I need a separate Windows 10 Pro product key?If no, will I be using the same product key as the host OS?If yes,...
  3. Windows 10 Pro inside VMware Workstation Player - License Query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro inside VMware Workstation Player - License Query: The host OS is Windows 11 Pro and this is OEM version running on a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop.The guest OS is Windows 10 Pro booting in a VMware Workstation Player.Do I need a separate Windows 10 Pro product key?If no, will I be using the same product key as the host OS?If yes,...
  4. Windows 10 WSL and VMWare Workstation Player Won't Both Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 WSL and VMWare Workstation Player Won't Both Work: Hello All,My PC: Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2OS Build 19042.1526I ran into a issue the other day when I launched VMware Workstation Player and tried to boot up a VM. When I attempted to boot up the VM I received the following error message and the VM didn't boot:VMware Player...
  5. Windows 10 WSL and VMWare Workstation Player Won't Both Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 WSL and VMWare Workstation Player Won't Both Work: Hello All,My PC: Windows 10 ProVersion 20H2OS Build 19042.1526I ran into a issue the other day when I launched VMware Workstation Player and tried to boot up a VM. When I attempted to boot up the VM I received the following error message and the VM didn't boot:VMware Player...
  6. Windows 10 Pro licence in VMware Workstation 15 Player

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro licence in VMware Workstation 15 Player: I have installed Windows 10 Pro in VMware Workstation 15 Player. Do I need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro licence or can I use the license on the base machine?...
  7. Error install VMWare Workstation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error install VMWare Workstation: [ATTACH] Dear Sir or Madam --------------------- I would like to ask you when i install VMWare workstation Pro 15 on Window10 64bit. it show message like that "this installer requires you to restart your system to finish installing microsoft vc redistributable." Pls...
  8. VMware workstation 12 player

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware workstation 12 player: I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that? [img] 23361
  9. Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows XP Sound Issues on VMware Workstation Player: Hi, On VMware Workstation Player 12.5.2 (free for non-commercial usage), I am having issues in Windows XP virtual machines with the sound. The sound output by the VM sounds poor, extremely crackled and laggy. Not having this issue in Windows Vista or Windows ME, only...
  10. BSOD during VMware workstation player installation consistently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during VMware workstation player installation consistently: Hi,I get a consistent BSOD during the installation of VMware Workstation Player. I can replicate it very easily. I have gotten 4 BSOD due to this (installation of VMware Workstation Player) while trying to debug/find the cause myself. Attached is the latest/last BSOD DM...