Windows 10: Which Win 10 OS should I download to reinstall?

Discus and support Which Win 10 OS should I download to reinstall? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With my Notebook there is no Win DVD / CD supplied. I want to download a Win version to reinstall and a repair DVD/CD, bootable Win CD/DVD. Which one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Enter, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Enter Win User

Which Win 10 OS should I download to reinstall?

With my Notebook there is no Win DVD / CD supplied. I want to download a Win version to reinstall and a repair DVD/CD, bootable Win CD/DVD. Which one should I download? And how can I register the download Win for my Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573)?

Which Win 10 OS should I download to reinstall? [​IMG]

Is this one correct: WindowsÂ*10 herunterladen

:)

Enter, Sep 24, 2017

2. Which Edition of Windows 10 should I Download?

Do you actually need your machine to operate in multiple languages?

99% of people do not.

Just download the basic, unless you don't speak American English - then choose single language and you can choose - say Spanish.

Simples!

archie lukas, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Which Windows 10 ISO file I should download?

Yes it has.Go to settings and regions.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 24, 2017
  5. Enter Win User
    Alright, great, thank you very much, for the links also.

Enter, Sep 25, 2017
  6. Caledon Ken, Sep 25, 2017
  7. Enter Win User
    Ah yes, thank you very much!

Enter, Sep 25, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

But note that to do that you need the base build iso for the build you currently have installed- not necessarily that for the latest build. As a new build is coming in another month, that again becomes a necessary check.

dalchina, Sep 25, 2017
  9. Enter Win User
    Sorry, I do not quite understan.

The base build without updateds? Like it was a few years agon? Can I use a USB-Stick, or is it too slow?

A check? What for?

Enter, Sep 25, 2017
  10. AddRAM Win User
    Are you running Windows 10 Home Creators Update ?

Then that`s what you should download. You can use a dvd or a usb stick, whatever you want.

Download Windows 10

AddRAM, Sep 25, 2017
  11. Enter Win User
    No, I don't, I would say, never heard of such. I use the version shown on my screenshot in the first post. Are there missing informations?

Thank you for the link.

Enter, Sep 25, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    1. I'm talking about an in-place upgrade repair install
    2. If the installed build is 1703, you need a 1703 iso to do that, not 1607, not later.
    3. If you use a later build iso, you will follow the same procedure, but UPGRADE to the later build, not perform an in-place upgrade repair install

1. MS releases major builds up to twice a year.
    2. Users do not get that at the same time on the same day- it's over 2-3 months.
    3. Some users still run old builds e.g. 1511
    4. After a new build is released, instructing someone to perform an in-place upgrade repair install carries an increased risk of confusion during those 2-3 months that they will download the new build, and attempt an in-place upgrade repair of the previous build with that, which would give them an upgrade.

Thus the new build release makes checking which build they actually need to download an even more necessary check so that the desired end is achieved.

Note: as most users are terrible at filling in specs, we have no idea which build they are using and very often have to ask.

dalchina, Sep 25, 2017
  13. Enter Win User

Sounds extremely complicated for me to just find and download the correct versions / DVDs, / CDs an such.

OK, one has to use / download the build which is installed, no other one, I have this, so I need Build 15063:

Here - [URL="https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/create-bootable-usb-flash-drive-to-install-windows-10.7452/']Installation Upgrade Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums[/url]) - it says "Create installation media for another PC". I can use it for the same PC, the Notebook?

Enter, Sep 25, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    Use the MS Media creation tool, assuming your PC can boot.

If both PCs are running the same base build, and are both 64bits or both 32bits and the same base language, you can use the same downloaded iso.

(Check the current build:
    Windows key + X, winver)

dalchina, Sep 25, 2017
  15. Enter Win User
    Yes, I am just doing it, downloading.

I am afraied I only get 10 % or so of what I read, sorry.

I have only one Notebook I need those DVDs/CDs/bootable medias/repair medias and such for.

This one:

Enter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Which Win 10 OS should I download to reinstall? - Similar Threads - should download reinstall

2. Should I install win 7, 8.1 or reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I install win 7, 8.1 or reinstall win 10: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about reinstall the windows to improve performance. My Operate System is: i5-5200U, 4gb RAM, 120GB SSD, No GPU support, iGPU HD Graphics 5500. Should I install win 7, win 8.1 or reinstall win 10?...
  3. Should I install win 7, 8.1 or reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I install win 7, 8.1 or reinstall win 10: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about reinstall the windows to improve performance. My Operate System is: i5-5200U, 4gb RAM, 120GB SSD, No GPU support, iGPU HD Graphics 5500. Should I install win 7, win 8.1 or reinstall win 10?...
  4. Should I install win 7, 8.1 or reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The Win OS downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Win OS downloads: I downloaded win 8.1 iso and it did not tell me I had to pay for a product key so I spent 2 hours downloading and I still don't know where to find a key other than free ones from the internet, I hope they work, sorry. if you have them for free please contact me at : *** Email...
  6. Reinstalling Win 10 - which version?

Reinstalling Win 10 - which version?: I installed Win 10 Pro v.1909 retail direct from Microsoft in April 2020. I've since updated as I've supposed to, so now I'm at the latest version. If I needed to reinstall Win 10 from bare metal, would I download the latest version using the Media Creation Tool, or use my...
  7. Which display driver should I download?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which display driver should I download?: My display driver failed and my background turned black so I googled some stuff and one forum said to delete the display driver so I did that and now I can't brighten the screen any higher than it is now the light is okay but it's not as bright as I usually like it....
  8. Which OS version should I install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which OS version should I install?: My dad asked me to help fix up his old laptop, a Thinkpad SL400. It has been upgraded to an SSD and 4GB of RAM. However, the cpu is still the same (core 2 duo). He will be using the laptop for browsing, office apps, and zoom calls. What edition of Windows 10 should I...
  9. Which ISO should I be using to reinstall Windows 10?

Which ISO should I be using to reinstall Windows 10?: I previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on a PC and was told I could therefore skip the steps which ask for a product key during the installation process and was directed to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo... to download the Media...
  10. Which Windows 10 ISO file I should download?

Which Windows 10 ISO file I should download?: Hi, I tried to download Windows 10 ISO file through this site. However, I was able to access it through UC Browser only and it is redirecting me to download Media Creation Tool in PC. I was able to get download link through UC Browser but there, I found two options of...