Windows 10: Which Windows 10 home SKU to choose

Discus and support Which Windows 10 home SKU to choose in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i am in the process of installing Windows 10 over 8.1 Single Language. Which Home SKU should i choose to download via media creation tool? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rld, Jul 30, 2015.

1. RLD
    rld Win User

Which Windows 10 home SKU to choose

Hi, i am in the process of installing Windows 10 over 8.1 Single Language. Which Home SKU should i choose to download via media creation tool? Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Home or Pro ?

There is no longer seperate options for Windows 10 Home and Pro SKUs if creating your own ISO or USB installer via the Media Creation Tool. The 10586 version includes both SKUs on the same installation media. If you upgrade from Home SKUs of Windows 10,
    8.1, or 7 SP1 to Version 1511, the Home version of Windows 10 Version 1511 will be installed, same thing if update the Pro SKU of Windows.

Dan1986ist, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Latest Windows 10 Pro ISO

The Media Creation Tool which is downloadable from Microsoft will give you both the Home and Pro SKUs of Windows 10 Version 1511.

Dan1986ist, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Which Windows 10 home SKU to choose - Similar Threads - home SKU choose

2. Installing differnent windows SKU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing differnent windows SKU: Hello there.I am running into an issue with a boot disk with several SKUs on it. When I try to install it on an OEM system, it appears to skip the prompt where it asks me for which version I would like to install. There is no way to go back or trigger the prompt from what I...
  3. How to choose which updates to install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to choose which updates to install Windows 10: "Power", the first icon in the Start menu, has two options: "Update and shut down" and "Update and restart". I don't want either -- I'd like to avoid updates. How can I shut down without updating? Would you recommend yanking the power cord? Back in Windows 98 that was...
  4. choosing which version of Windows 10 to install

choosing which version of Windows 10 to install: I can't seem to choose which version of Windows I am installing in my laptop. Instead of asking me which version to install, it directs me to the question of which files to keep. At that point, it has already been decidednot by me that the windows that would be installed...
  5. Choosing which Windows updates to install?

Choosing which Windows updates to install?: Hi, I'm trying to update my windows PC, but windows also keeps trying to download update 1903. I do not want to download that update, but all the other updates, like net framework etc. I tried disabling windows updates, but that also disables the net framework updates. Is...
  6. Windows 10 needs to tell users which Windows SKU the license key they're attempting to use...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 needs to tell users which Windows SKU the license key they're attempting to use...: I had a pretty bad situation happen over the weekend: I have a Dell PC that shipped with Windows 7 Home. In 2015, I updated it to Windows 10 Home using the free Windows 7 to Windows 10 update process. I recently acquired a secondhand PC with no hard drive or OS that had a...
  7. Which Windows 10 is the best for home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Which Windows 10 is the best for home: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam Please be nice to help me and me that Windows 10 is the best to install at home. What is the difference between Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 pro N, Windows Home, Windows 10 Enterprise and what is the best Windows. What Windows Should I Install At...
  8. Which SGX setting to choose in BIOS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Which SGX setting to choose in BIOS: I had noticed that even though I had Software Guard Extensions(SGX) set to "Software Controlled" in BIOS, that it wasn't showing up in Device Manager. Then it came to me, that on my last system build(an MSI mainboard with a 6700K) that MSI had included the driver in the...
  9. Choosing Which Updates To Keep

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Choosing Which Updates To Keep: With Windows 10 I cannot find anyway to decide which updates I want installed and which I dont. I dont mean the new builds, I am on the fast ring and want them but updates like Windows Defender, I dont want those as I have BitDefender. Some Office updates go into a loop but...
  10. Can I Choose Which Hotspot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I Choose Which Hotspot?: I have about 5 xfinity hotspots. Windows picks the strongest signal. Oddly tho, that 1 doesn't work very well. A slightly less strength 1 seems to always work. Is there any tool or software that would allow me to choose which xfinity hotspot i want? thanks. 70278