Windows 10: which Windows and Programs folder files do not need to be backed up?

Discus and support which Windows and Programs folder files do not need to be backed up? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I use Retrospect Professional to back up all my systems. I like that Retrospect retains old versions of files, not just the current version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by x509, May 14, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

which Windows and Programs folder files do not need to be backed up?

I use Retrospect Professional to back up all my systems. I like that Retrospect retains old versions of files, not just the current version. (http://www.retrospect.com). Highly recommended, btw.

Here is my question. Rght now I have Retrospect set to back up all files on my C drive (on all systems), except for obvious temp files, hibernation and swap files, etc. The C drive contains just Windows and installed programs. I keep all user data, photos, music, etc., on other drives. Some nights I find Retrospect wanting to back up 3-5 or more GB. I know some of that is daily updates for things like AV signature updates.

Are there folders that are used just for these kinds of daily updates? is it important that I back up the ProgramData folders? Any other folders that I can safely ignore?

:)

2. how do i delete duplicate files & folders

Hello,

I request you to reply for the following questions which will help us assist you better.

• What do you mean by duplicate files & folders?
    • How did you get the duplicate files & folders?
    • Is it in your hard disk or external storage device?

Please get back to us with the information.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 16, 2018
  3. You'll need administrator permission to delete this folder

How exactly did the following folders get onto your external disk?

• Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Windows
    What files do you see under E:\Windows\System32\Config? (assuming that E: is the external drive letter)

What is the most recent date stamp you see in this folder?

Frederik Long, May 16, 2018
Thema:

which Windows and Programs folder files do not need to be backed up?

1. which Windows and Programs folder files do not need to be backed up? - Similar Threads - Programs folder files

2. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  3. How do I view backed up folders/files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I view backed up folders/files?: I'm struggling to prepare my desktop PC for an extensive overhaul. Having put this excercise off for a year, I'm finally taking the plunge and yesterday, I backed up my Windows 10 Pro 32-bit machine (version 1909) to NAS in preparation. The backups: First, I carried out an...
  4. back up programs

back up programs: How do I back up programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-programs/1d6dbbcd-5874-4fb3-81a6-c4725172c1a8
  5. which program makes folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    which program makes folders: Hi I have 3 folders that always return in my documents. really annoying I want to know which program makes them. Th folders are dropbox easytune aangepaste office sjablonen I already have removed dropbox and easytune. I relocated "aangepaste office sjablonen"...
  6. backed up and backing up my laptop which has windows.

backed up and backing up my laptop which has windows.: if windows 7 is backed up on my D: drive, and it took all of that drive, can I use several flash drives or sd cards to put all or some of the backed up information on? I also need to back up things that are in windows 10. File, folders, pictures, videos, documents in all...
  7. Files not backing up but folders are.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not backing up but folders are.: OneDrive seems to be working correctly but in my picture directory, the folders are there but all of them are empty. Pictures are still in the folders on the local computer. How can I make OneDrive attempt to sync again? It syncs without errors but not updating the folders....
  8. Recomendations for a program for backing up files

Recomendations for a program for backing up files: All my personal files (Documents, Movies, Pictures and Music) are on an internal 2 GB HDD, Drive D. (The C drive is on an SSD). In case of a fault I need to have a backup of those personal files. I would prefer that backup to list those files in the same way as the D drive...
  9. Which macrium back up files can be opened to explore backed up files?

Which macrium back up files can be opened to explore backed up files?: When I back up my drives macrium 7 creates 2 files an xml file and a disk partition image file what is the purpose and relationship between these two files? Can the partition image file be opened to explore the backed up data? If so, how? 107403
  10. Need windows store folder from program files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need windows store folder from program files: I need windows store folder from program files/windows app which i deleted Only than i can restore it using powershell Please can someone uplaod the 2 windows store folders in program files windows app 40343

Users found this page by searching for:

1. files that do not need to be backed up