which Windows and Programs folder files do not need to be backed up?

Discus and support which Windows and Programs folder files do not need to be backed up? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I use Retrospect Professional to back up all my systems. I like that Retrospect retains old versions of files, not just the current version.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by x509, May 14, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

I use Retrospect Professional to back up all my systems. I like that Retrospect retains old versions of files, not just the current version. (http://www.retrospect.com). Highly recommended, btw.

Here is my question. Rght now I have Retrospect set to back up all files on my C drive (on all systems), except for obvious temp files, hibernation and swap files, etc. The C drive contains just Windows and installed programs. I keep all user data, photos, music, etc., on other drives. Some nights I find Retrospect wanting to back up 3-5 or more GB. I know some of that is daily updates for things like AV signature updates.

Are there folders that are used just for these kinds of daily updates? is it important that I back up the ProgramData folders? Any other folders that I can safely ignore?

:)

2. how do i delete duplicate files & folders

Hello,

I request you to reply for the following questions which will help us assist you better.

• What do you mean by duplicate files & folders?
    • How did you get the duplicate files & folders?
    • Is it in your hard disk or external storage device?

Please get back to us with the information.

Thank you.

3. You'll need administrator permission to delete this folder

How exactly did the following folders get onto your external disk?

• Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • Windows
    What files do you see under E:\Windows\System32\Config? (assuming that E: is the external drive letter)

What is the most recent date stamp you see in this folder?

Thema:

which Windows and Programs folder files do not need to be backed up?

which Windows and Programs folder files do not need to be backed up? - Similar Threads - Programs folder files

Forum Date

Macrium 7.1 free shield on program icon/shortcut

Macrium 7.1 free shield on program icon/shortcut: I finally uninstalled Macrium v6 free and downloaded v7.1 free. Bit of drama installing it as it kept quitting until i unchecked 'log' whilst installing. Question is the program icon in the macrium folder plus the desktop shortcut have blue and yellow shied icon overlay...
Windows 10 Backup and Restore Jan 6, 2018

Backup programs won't work, so I think it's Explorer permissions issue

Backup programs won't work, so I think it's Explorer permissions issue: Several months ago I built a new PC and installed Windows 10. Before this, I had no problems backing up my 4 internal drives with AOMEI (also on Windows 10). But now I've tried about 6 popular backup programs, and they all only backup the C drive (The C drive is a new SSD to...
Windows 10 Backup and Restore Dec 30, 2017

Recomendations for a program for backing up files

Recomendations for a program for backing up files: All my personal files (Documents, Movies, Pictures and Music) are on an internal 2 GB HDD, Drive D. (The C drive is on an SSD). In case of a fault I need to have a backup of those personal files. I would prefer that backup to list those files in the same way as the D drive...
Windows 10 Backup and Restore May 23, 2017

Help! Can't uninstall $#!&**@#! Ease US Todo Backup program

Help! Can't uninstall $#!&**@#! Ease US Todo Backup program: [img] [img] Found some old backup files that were created w/EaseUS Todo Backup free program but no longer had that prog. on my PC (an older free version) so I D/L the latest free one, version 10.0.0 (see screenshot). It could see the files but there was no option to open...
Windows 10 Backup and Restore May 20, 2017

How to backup programs for clean installation

How to backup programs for clean installation: I plan on doing a clean install of Windows however, as I have limited time and slow internet speed, downloading all the programs again that I currently have would be extremely difficult and time-consuming. How do I backup all of my programs so that I can just restore them...
Windows 10 Backup and Restore May 14, 2017

Backup Programs Won't Image

Backup Programs Won't Image: I have the paid version of Macrium and also Aomei Backupper programs. I have always used Macrium and scheduled image backups once a week. Last Monday I noticed the scheduled backup didn't work. I tried to manually backup and the program goes to 1% and freezes to the point...
Windows 10 Backup and Restore Apr 5, 2017

Backup/Restore/Recovery programs & routines [open topic]

Backup/Restore/Recovery programs & routines [open topic]: Even though I am a Windows 7 license-holder/user, I have this thread with its two topics so far also in tenforums because I want to zero in on not only Windows 10 Backup/Restore operations as well as how some 3rd party B/R & R utilities specifically work with Windows 10....
Windows 10 Backup and Restore Mar 29, 2017

How to backup my MS Office program as an iso image?

How to backup my MS Office program as an iso image?: I have decided to clean install my os since I am facing a lot of issues after the anniversary update. I already backed up my other programs and files.But the dilemma I am facing now is backing up my Office 2016 program which I downloaded through the 'Get Office' app.Since my...
Windows 10 Backup and Restore Feb 3, 2017

first time user of WD backup program (inquiry)

first time user of WD backup program (inquiry): I have just setup my external HDD. I haven't yet decided to start the backup process yet.. can I backup entire OS? and instructions said it will create a system image too, I don't have any disks setup yet. I want to make sure everything goes without a hitch before initialize...
Windows 10 Backup and Restore Sep 29, 2016

Which backup and restore methods include installed Programs?

Which backup and restore methods include installed Programs?: I am preparing a comprehensive set of tasks which need to be performed to make and use various restore media, for myself and others using this computer. I need info on exactly which methods include the backup and restore of programs/applications which have been...
Windows 10 Backup and Restore Aug 1, 2016
which Windows and Programs folder files do not need to be backed up? solved