Windows 10: While installing Office 365, "officesetup.com" a tech window popped up and said my computer...

Discus and support While installing Office 365, "officesetup.com" a tech window popped up and said my computer... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to load MS Office 365 (bought with computer at Christmas), I received a msg that there was a problem and program could not be down loaded.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VernonPS, Jul 27, 2018.

1. VernonPS Win User

While installing Office 365, "officesetup.com" a tech window popped up and said my computer...

I was trying to load MS Office 365 (bought with computer at Christmas), I received a msg that there was a problem and program could not be down loaded. A chat window popped up and said a tech will call me. They did and while checking problem they advised my computer had been hacked. They could remove all problems and traces and then load 365 for me, just would cost me $360.00 to be paid by check not credit card. The did what they said but today I opened my computer and I have a Windows Security Alert - Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app.

Name: EEventManager Application

Publisher: Seiko Epson Corp.

Path: give the path

I feel like I have been scammed by Office 365 techs for them to "remove problem, added Norton security, AdBlock, CCleaner professional, Uninstalled Mcaffe program" did I get scammed to buy these services? I afraid to use my other programs ie AOL for fear hackers are still hidden. Would appreciate help in understand what has happened, can I use my computer with confidence? I have a Window 10 desktop.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

VernonPS, Jul 27, 2018

2. Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Jul 27, 2018
  3. office 365 vs office 2013

my Microsoft surface came with 1 month trial of ms office 365 , now it's expired.now I wanna know if I she subscribe to office 365 or uninstall it & install office 2013. what's the difference between both?

freebird_9924, Jul 27, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

While installing Office 365, "officesetup.com" a tech window popped up and said my computer...

office 365 vs office 2013

They are the same, 365 has less money making schemes, but dumps everything on the cloud.
    365 is online, 2013 is 100% offline.
    Also 365 will cost more in the longrun, especially if you dont upgrade for 3 years.

RCoon, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. While installing Office 365, "officesetup.com" a tech window popped up and said my computer... - Similar Threads - While installing Office

2. My friend uninstalled Office 365, and installed Office 2021. Why is computer still using 365?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My friend uninstalled Office 365, and installed Office 2021. Why is computer still using 365?: My friend uninstalled Office 365, and installed Office 2021, mainly to use Word. Why is his computer still using 365? What will happen when the 365 subscription expires next year? The subscrpition will not be renewed, he wants to use 2021....
  3. My friend uninstalled Office 365, and installed Office 2021. Why is computer still using 365?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My friend uninstalled Office 365, and installed Office 2021. Why is computer still using 365?: My friend uninstalled Office 365, and installed Office 2021, mainly to use Word. Why is his computer still using 365? What will happen when the 365 subscription expires next year? The subscrpition will not be renewed, he wants to use 2021....
  4. Office 365 installation on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office 365 installation on windows 10: I am trying to install outlook on windows 10 laptop. I have installed office from office 365 portal. When I try to login with my enterprise ID, I get the following error. Full VPN and EPA are not supported in Edge browser. Please use different browser for a better...
  5. Trouble installing Office 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble installing Office 365: I am at my witz end because I cannot install office. I have even reinstalled windows and still no luck with this [bleep], and I have net access everywhere else on my PC.... i dont get it. I have already tried the following: Reinstalling windows - Clean install Remove...
  6. Office 365 Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 Install: I purchased a Surface Pro 6 today and along with it I bought Office 365. I went to install it however since I already have an Office Student account, I could not find anywhere to enter the product key for my new Office 365 program. Just want to make sure I get the full year...
  7. Installing Office 365

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Office 365: I am trying to install Office 365 Personal and keep getting an error message from the set up page. It says the sight is temporarily down for maintenance. Anyone know how long it will be down?...
  8. Office 365 is slowing down my computer at boot up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Office 365 is slowing down my computer at boot up: I purchased Microsoft office 365 Proffesional plus for Home Use, i have win 10 with Avast free antivirus software, everytime i install your office package my computer goes extremely slow while i try to boot up my PC. The only way to solve this, the fix that i found so far,...
  9. Office 365 home, freeing up an installation

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 home, freeing up an installation: we have office 365 home. I know you can install it on 5 different machines. Currently we have it on two machines. One of which I am thinking of selling. So if I uninstall office on this machine will that free up a slot or is the fact I installed it forever linked and I won't...
  10. Office 365 Install

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 Install: How long does it normally take to install Office 365? I'm trying to install Office 365 and it's been over 10 minutes and all I get is spinning dots and the message "We're sorry for the wait. The page is taking longer to load than expected". I'm install through Edge. 31129