Windows 10: White, blank, desktop icons

Discus and support White, blank, desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, My problem is this: All of the desktop icons for websites that I have loaded on my desktop suddenly all turned to white, blank icons. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CJDodaro, Jul 8, 2018.

1. CJDodaro Win User

White, blank, desktop icons

Hello,

My problem is this: All of the desktop icons for websites that I have loaded on my desktop suddenly all turned to white, blank icons. They were installed using the drag & drop method, which also no longer seems to work. What is the solution? I have tried to remove my local icon cache and reinstall, but that didn't work. Please help.

CJ

:)

CJDodaro, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Taimilk Win User

White blank icons on desktop and in program tree.

I have this problem sometimes. It seems the icon cache database is corrupted for some reasons. I use the following steps to restore all white blank icons.

1. Start command prompt (WindowKey + R, type cmd)

2. In command prompt type "cd %userprofile%\appdata\local"

3. In command prompt type "del iconcache.db /a"

4. Start taskmanager (WindowKey + R, type taskmgr)

5. Find Windows Explorer and Right click | End Task

6. In taskmanager select File | New Task then type explorer

You should now fix all white blank icons on desktop.

Taimilk, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Glacius17 Win User
    White blank icons on desktop and in program tree.

I am having the same issue but also with Microsoft apps. The icon is blank. I wanted to put icons from the Start Menu onto the desktop for easy access and some apps have blank white icons. The icons work, but there is no image. Apps with blank icons
    include OneNote, Groove Music, Photos, Camera, Fresh Paint, Movies&TV, Twitter, Phone Companion, and OneDrive. These are actually ALL Microsoft apps. Please help.

Glacius17, Jul 8, 2018
  4. weybrew Win User

desktop icons blank

When I first boot up, all my desktop icons are blank/white. They will all gradually appear but it takes some time. My second home computer does not exhibit this problem. Both PCs are running Windows 10 PRO and are current with all updates. Does anyone
    have a suggestion, please?

weybrew, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. White, blank, desktop icons - Similar Threads - White blank desktop

2. Desktop blank icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop blank icons: So suddenly my desktop icons went blank and I don’t know how to fix it, any help would be appreciated… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-blank-icons/ad4378f9-61cf-40ac-898c-600196925ea8
  3. Desktop blank icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop blank icons: So suddenly my desktop icons went blank and I don’t know how to fix it, any help would be appreciated… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-blank-icons/ad4378f9-61cf-40ac-898c-600196925ea8
  4. Desktop blank icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Blank icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blank icons on desktop: I downloaded a game on my computer and now some of my things look like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons-on-desktop/f073dcc5-bd2d-45b7-ac4a-9578f7ce24b5
  6. Blank icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icons on desktop: I downloaded a game on my computer and now some of my things look like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons-on-desktop/f073dcc5-bd2d-45b7-ac4a-9578f7ce24b5
  7. Desktop icons blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons blank: I have a new laptop with Windows 10 and periodically the desktop icons blank out turning white. If I reboot, they come back but end up blanking out again. Help? Is this a One Drive problem, since it keeps telling me I'm out of storage?...
  8. White desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    White desktop icons: Sometimes, this desktop icon you can see it in the screenshot would just turn white, but it happens only after certain system reboots etc. I had the same issue with other shortcuts before and I had to go to the original path of certain programs and create a new one from there...
  9. Desktop Icons are blank.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons are blank.: So, i recently installed an M.2 NVMe and reinstalled windows etc.. it had some bumps but was fine, i deleted some stuff off of my SSD because i cloned my HDD and when i booted my PC up the next day.. *most* (not all) of my icons are just blank sheets of paper.. i have deleted...
  10. white icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    white icons on desktop: OK, I just redid windows 10, installed most of my programs, why are there white icons on the desktop? I have 13 icons, 10 are white, is it a corrupt file somewhere? I thought I would have a like new laptop when I did this but far from it, nothing but more problems. 147973