Windows 10: White boxes for icons in Notification Area

Discus and support White boxes for icons in Notification Area in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Win 10, build 16299. I used a program, "Dir Icon" to change the icons in the Notification Area" of This PC. I opened My PC on startup last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cgibson, Mar 6, 2018.

1. cgibson Win User

White boxes for icons in Notification Area

Running Win 10, build 16299. I used a program, "Dir Icon" to change the icons in the Notification Area" of This PC.
    I opened My PC on startup last week and all the drive icons had turned into white square boxes.

I tried everything I could find to repair the icons, even the Reset Notification Area Icons Cache. I did a Repair Install of Win 10 to try correct this and other problems but it did not solve the problem.

Would anyone have a solution?

Thanks for any help

:)

cgibson, Mar 6, 2018
  2. 8342mat Win User

Asha 300 - Text Message Notifications

When i send or receive a text message, i get a white box appear saying sending text message, or if received it says text message received from .......

How do i disable these.

I have the notifications area set on my home screen which shows an envelope and a number of, if i receive a text, which is all i need.

The white box covers this icon, so makes it pointless setting the notification area.

Mat

8342mat, Mar 6, 2018
  3. Zhaoyang_ Win User
    Unwanted white box clicking icons in notification area

Thanks for your response.

Narrator is off. When I turn it on, there appears an additional blue box.

White boxes for icons in Notification Area [​IMG]

I tried very very hard to recollect any customization I make to my laptop. It turns out that the cause is a seemingly irrelevant option:

Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard > Other Settings > Enable shortcut underlines.

As I turn it off, the annoying white box disappears. As I turn it on, the white box appears again.

I think this is an issue with Redstone 1, since I can't reproduce it on Threshold 2.

Zhaoyang_, Mar 6, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

Just curious.......
    What if you uninstall "Dir Icon" and do a reboot afterwards.

davidhk, Mar 6, 2018
  5. cgibson Win User
    Thanks davidhk for the quick reply.

This is one of the things I tried. I uninstalled "Dir Icon" before the repair of win 10 and then downloaded a new ver.

I have found that I can change icons that are contained within the drives that will not change. Also. icons that are on the desktop do not change after using the "new" Dir Icon.

cgibson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. White boxes for icons in Notification Area - Similar Threads - White boxes icons

2. Icons in Taskbar Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in Taskbar Notification Area: I keep having to re-enable my preferred apps in the "Select which icons appear on Taskbar notification area". Is there a fix for this? 183716
  3. Notification Area Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area Icons Missing: Most of the previous icons I had in my Notification Area are gone. I've tried resetting them in TaskBar Settings with no luck. Have also tried resetting Windows Explorer. Nothing works! Help!...
  4. Unwanted icons in the notification area

Unwanted icons in the notification area: Some programs insist on putting their icon in the notification tray, and then the company uses that "feature" for advertising in relentless pop up notifications. This is not an appropriate use of the notification tray, nor should have Microsoft allowed such program behavior...
  5. notification area sound icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    notification area sound icon: Windows 10 on Bootcamp - Notification area sound icon does not control sound, any ideas please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area-sound-icon/4cf1a029-4624-41fc-88d5-8f22ea492241
  6. Notification box in wrong area of screen

Notification box in wrong area of screen: Hi, this is a suggestion for the notification box always popping up in the wrong part of the screen - sometimes in the middle, sometimes partway off the screen. It apparently occurs because of an issue connecting to external monitors. Might I suggest allowing the user to...
  7. icon in notification area

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    icon in notification area: my icon in notification area has grows legs and left it is missing . how do I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/icon-in-notification-area/d449855c-35f5-4971-adc1-47e795376db8
  8. Notification Area Icons location

Notification Area Icons location: Could not find "Notification Area Icons" in "All Control Panel Items" for Windows 10, but I could find it under Settings-System-Notifications. Is that normal for Windows 10? How can I add it in the "All Control Panel Items"? Thanks 42364
  9. Customize the Notification Area Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize the Notification Area Icons: Hi ! In Windows 7 there was a pannel to customize which icons you want to show or hide in the Notification Area. Like this : [img] Does this pannel got deleted in Windows 10 ? If yes, is there a solution to hide/show icons from the notification area ? The options...
  10. Notification area icon problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification area icon problems: Hey guys, A few days ago I started getting a pop up error message when I log in to windows. [img] Aside from this error, which from what I understand says that it is having trouble loading the icon in the notification area, I also noticed that the icons for some...