Windows 10: White camera light always on???

Discus and support White camera light always on??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 11 Home Laptop and the white camera light is always on. At least, I think its the camera light? I cant find out what all the lights... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Emma_401, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Emma_401 Win User

White camera light always on???

I have a Windows 11 Home Laptop and the white camera light is always on. At least, I think its the camera light? I cant find out what all the lights are but it is white and next to the main center circle up the top of the screen. It is always white. I have disabled the apps but it is still always on. Has someone hacked my camera?

:)

Emma_401, Mar 3, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

Inspiron 3521 camera grainy and lighting is bad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to use Camera app?

• Have you installed all the pending updates?

• Have you installed any third party application recently?
    Step 1: I would suggest you to open Camera app and check if you are able to access the webcam or not.

• Type camera app in search bar and you will be able to open camera app.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest available web-cam software from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Step 3: I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Windows camera, microphone, and privacy - Microsoft Support

How to use the Camera app - Microsoft Support

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 3, 2024
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 3, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Light on Touchpad stays on

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to assist you with the issue you are facing, please reply to the following questions:

• When you say, “The white light on my touchpad” which light are you referring to?
    • What is the exact model number of your computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article
    How to turn the backlight on and off
    and check if the Illumination setting is available for Touchpad in the console.

Please get back to us with the details to assist you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 3, 2024
Thema:

1. White camera light always on??? - Similar Threads - White camera light

2. camera not working but light on camera is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not working but light on camera is on: camera not working but light on camera is on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-but-light-on-camera-is-on/0a597991-6a21-4fdb-832e-95df7f5bbfc5
  3. camera not working but light on camera is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera not working but light on camera is on: camera not working but light on camera is on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-but-light-on-camera-is-on/0a597991-6a21-4fdb-832e-95df7f5bbfc5
  4. Language bar always has white color font for Light mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language bar always has white color font for Light mode.: I like to use Light mode in my Win10 22H2I have only one problem, with the Language bar.For unknown reason, it has white color for the font in both Light and Dark modesHow can i fix font's color to normal black?I've tried to switch to Dark mode and back to Light mode - it...
  5. Language bar always has white color font for Light mode.

Language bar always has white color font for Light mode.: I like to use Light mode in my Win10 22H2I have only one problem, with the Language bar.For unknown reason, it has white color for the font in both Light and Dark modesHow can i fix font's color to normal black?I've tried to switch to Dark mode and back to Light mode - it...
  6. Language bar always has white color font for Light mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. White camera light always on???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White camera light always on???: I have a Windows 11 Home Laptop and the white camera light is always on. At least, I think its the camera light? I cant find out what all the lights are but it is white and next to the main center circle up the top of the screen. It is always white. I have disabled the apps...
  8. My AI Camera is not working, Led light beside camera is always on and the camera button os...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My AI Camera is not working, Led light beside camera is always on and the camera button os...: I have windows 11 and I can't use my AI camera, the led beside my camera is always on, the camera button in my keyboard is not working it can't turn on and off the camera...
  9. My AI Camera is not working, Led light beside camera is always on and the camera button os...

My AI Camera is not working, Led light beside camera is always on and the camera button os...: I have windows 11 and I can't use my AI camera, the led beside my camera is always on, the camera button in my keyboard is not working it can't turn on and off the camera...
  10. always on night light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    always on night light: Hi, I currently have an issue where night light seems to be on currently, every now and then the screen will flash to normal brightness and then night light comes back on. I have doubled checked it is off, I have the most up to date version of windows and for my nvidia...