Windows 10: white circle in tray

Discus and support white circle in tray in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lately I traced a little white circle popping in the tray and disappearing. Not enough time to see anything but location. Is it malware? can I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zivshosh, Mar 25, 2017.

1. zivshosh Win User

white circle in tray

Lately I traced a little white circle popping in the tray and disappearing. Not enough time to see anything but location.
    Is it malware?
    can I get rid of it?
    I didn't notice anything different in the list of processes or anything added to windows or users folder.
    Of course I only made superficial check.
    I'm in windows 10 pro
    Thank you

:)

zivshosh, Mar 25, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Mar 25, 2017
  3. P. C.Gray Win User
    no internet connection on Windows 10 boot

You may think that, but I sure don't know exactly what I did. For instance, the big red X'd circle is gone and the white dot on icon is the system tray is on the bottom. Then I happen to notice it jump to the top and back to the bottom and, at the same
    time, I noticed the OneDrive icon on my desktop blink, I don't use One Drive but, apparently, it accesses the 'net; maybe, there was some kind of conflict going on.

P. C.Gray, Mar 25, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

white circle in tray

Its Windows letting you know that the location radio has been accessed. It's normal behaviour. I believe you can disable it if you wanted to.

swarfega, Mar 25, 2017
  5. zivshosh Win User
    thanks
    really quick answer
    I didn't know there was a radio
    and I don't know how to neutralize it

zivshosh, Mar 25, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Don't confuse the term radio with radio as in FM. The term here just means things that broadcast.

I believe the way to disable it is to go into settings, search "location" and click on location privacy settings. There you can see Location service which can be disabled.

It's worth spending time in the privacy section of settings and disabling things you don't want.

swarfega, Mar 25, 2017
  7. zivshosh Win User
    thanks
    couldn't find broadcast in settings
    but I can live with it
    thanks again

zivshosh, Mar 25, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

white circle in tray

Settings/Privacy/Location

white circle in tray [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 25, 2017
  9. zivshosh Win User
    found it!
    turned it off, but it reappeared
    maybe I should restart
    anyway I'm not worried due to your explanations
    many thanks
    problem solved

zivshosh, Mar 26, 2017
  10. spunk Win User
    This may be different then just the Locations setting. It would be in the preferences of the app you opened.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

white circle in tray

1. white circle in tray - Similar Threads - white circle tray

2. Eliminating a white circle with cross from screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eliminating a white circle with cross from screen: There is a white circle with a cross in it in the center of my screen. It remains there regardless of what page I am using. When I went to the community to ask about this there were numerous questions; but none matched the circle I have on my computer. I have thought maybe...
  3. Eliminating a white circle with cross from screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eliminating a white circle with cross from screen: There is a white circle with a cross in it in the center of my screen. It remains there regardless of what page I am using. When I went to the community to ask about this there were numerous questions; but none matched the circle I have on my computer. I have thought maybe...
  4. curser glitching with white circle around it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    curser glitching with white circle around it: This has been going on for a few days and i have no idea what’s happening. the basic issue is that my curser will glitch around and then go to the bottom of my screen, flashing into a strange dimond shape with a while circle around it. : It started happening when i cracked my...
  5. curser glitching with white circle around it

curser glitching with white circle around it: This has been going on for a few days and i have no idea what’s happening. the basic issue is that my curser will glitch around and then go to the bottom of my screen, flashing into a strange dimond shape with a while circle around it. : It started happening when i cracked my...
  6. Can't access files with red circle and white x

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access files with red circle and white x: I can't open documents that have a red circle and white x in them. My one drive says it is full and I don't want to add to it or use it for storage.How do I get access to these files? Thanks...
  7. Can't access files with red circle and white x

Can't access files with red circle and white x: I can't open documents that have a red circle and white x in them. My one drive says it is full and I don't want to add to it or use it for storage.How do I get access to these files? Thanks...
  8. white circling dots on blue and black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    white circling dots on blue and black screen: When booting up win 10 on laptop, it goes through this sequence - computer logo on black screen with white circling dots, then black screen with white circling dots, then blue screen same and please wait, then login, then login screen, white circling dots and welcome....
  9. Moving cursor and touch white circle appear!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving cursor and touch white circle appear!: I'm using Asus s200e. The cursor jumps over to the upper side of my screen and it seems that either a single click or touch or a double-click or right-click seems to be happening in rapid succession. Until now I cannot sign in my laptop because of I cannot key in my password...
  10. Network Icon with white circle

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Icon with white circle: Hey guys, So I locked my PC today and noticed that on the lock screen the network icon had a small white circle on the lower right hand side of it. Basically it was exactly where the red x shows up if you aren’t connected. I hovered my mouse over it but nothing showed...