Windows 10: White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode

Discus and support White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all! I was literally arguing with one of Xidax's technicians recently about some sort of weird screen error I was getting when my laptop woke... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by anesthetic, Sep 24, 2017.

1. White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode

Hi all!

I was literally arguing with one of Xidax's technicians recently about some sort of weird screen error I was getting when my laptop woke from sleep.

Image attached. (White screen with vertical lines and the cursor turns into a white block).

I gave them a chance to re-create the issue and even gave them the exact steps so that they could see what I was talking about. I had told them they would need to download the ISO directly from Microsoft and do a fresh install and they would see the issue.

Instead, they claimed that they used a USB ISO from Microsoft and then installed all of the drivers and the problem never surfaced. (Once again, they didn't even try to re-create it as I stated which would have taken them 10 minutes). When I tried it myself, even after everything was updated, I still got the issue. I even went as far as looking up some threads to see if someone else ran into the same issue. I also made sure the video card was updated.

Long story short, when they shipped the laptop back to me, the problem was gone, but as soon as I reinstalled the OS..... the problem resurfaced. Quickly, they tried to be-little me saying that something must have been wrong with my brand new usb 3.0 Sandisk flashdrive, or that I probably didn't install Windows correctly. Really? I've been dealing with PCs for 21 years. I've installed windows countless times and they even discounted the fact that I found a thread that pinpointed the issues. It's really not rocket science, and arguing with your customers over arguably one of the easiest actions in PC history is a bit silly. I've installed Windows 10 on so many computers and this is the only time I have ever seen this issue. I also told them that's it's unrealistic for me to have to send in the PC each time I need Windows reinstalled since they thought I wasn't competent enough to do it myself---also despite the fact that I have another PC from them I purchased which hasn't encountered any issues.... It's obvious that there is some sort of disconnection between the mother board, the screen and the video card. Also, the laptop brand is a Clevo. But it doesn't seem to be limited to Clevo as HP laptops seem to have the issue, too, when it comes to installing Windows 10.

Apparently, this issue is obviously known, and those who have encountered it have simply returned their computers (smart idea). I, too, did the same, and they pretty much threatened me with having to pay shipping back and fourth for them to re-install windows as if I don't know what I'm doing. Really?

Don't get me wrong, the sales guys are awesome, and when you need assistance, they are helpful, but when it comes to defective merchandise, like many retailers, once you start to dig in their bottom line through no fault of your own, things get a little nasty. I'm sure just about all custom system builders are like this, too. Not to mention the ridiculous restocking fees. Honestly, I should be able to re-install windows as many times as I want without having to encounter said issues. They also protect themselves behind a huge contract they make you sign before purchasing.

Has anyone else ever seen this issue?

Check out this thread;

White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode - HP Envy ... - HP Support Forum - 5473755

----There's no real fix for it as far as I know. It seems to return eventually and I obviously found one of the triggers, with other people having it pop up randomly. Xidax claimed that because THEY performed a perfect install, there's no issue and I must be doing something wrong. This is really silly. I installed Windows 10 in a 4 year old laptop and it went to sleep and woke up just fine. But with this piece of crap, it would not wake up correctly.

:)

anesthetic, Sep 24, 2017

2. Screen faulty after sleep mode, works fine when restarted

I have windows 10 on Dell Inspiron 7000.

Few days ago (after I delayed update installation) my screen refuses to work properly when computer is waked from the sleep mode.

Screen does not display windows, however it displays red-green-blue vertical lines on the whole screen. Mouse can also be seen as a slightly lighter square of said RGB lines.

If reset hardly (holding switch button), screen works properly after.

Problem appears only when waked after sleep mode.

What can this be?

Thank you,

Georgy

BorisochevGeorgy, Sep 24, 2017
  3. windows latest update

after the latest update for windows 10 ,when the laptop goes to sleep mode or stop screen , then when i try to use it again the screen shows me only vertical colored lines. then i have to restart windows to start using it again

so please, can you solve this problem foe me ?

AL-Hassan AL-Harazi, Sep 24, 2017
  4. White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode

Hi anesthetic.

Have you gone to their site to get their video driver. It will likely be an older version. Try installing and seeing if that fixes. If it does it will just be temporary as Windows will update the driver for you. There are ways to prevent but before I get the cart ahead of the horse could see if the older driver works. Note version of driver to make sure old one gets in. If problem reappears see if old driver is still installed.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 25, 2017
  5. oldhess Win User
    I have the same issue going on. Just did a clean windows reinstall last night and thought I was good, then today after work, boom there it is again, that lovely herringbone pattern. I just hit the power button and my screen comes back but that's not a fix. I have an Acer R5 with intel i7 6500U and intel HD graphics 520 (I know all that power and a stupidly weak graphics card). Anyway this is one of those "ultra books" with no removable battery oh and just 2 months out of warranty how nice!
    Anybody found a fix for this issue?

oldhess, Oct 3, 2017
  6. Hi oldhess. Welcome to the TenForums @oldhess

Since you did a clean install and Windows likely put the absolute latest and greatest driver in have you tried an older driver from the manufactures site.

If not driver maybe you have a problem resuming from hibernation. I assume you just sleep device and then it enters hibernation. Maybe you power right off, like I said it is an assumption.

Just to get hibernation out of the puzzle could you type the following command at command prompt(admin) or powershell(admin)

powercfg -h off

To reverse change the work off to on in command.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 3, 2017
  7. my10name Win User
    I don't have a fix, but I do have the same problem on an Acer R5 with intel i5-6200U and intel HD graphics 520. If anyone has a fix, I'd love to know it!

my10name, Oct 7, 2017
  8. Stanley99 Win User

White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode

I have EXACTLY THE SAME problem in my Acer R13 R7-372T, Intel HD 520 graphics.
    It appeared after the automatic update of drivers from Windows Update, in my case 28/09/2017. New "bad" driver: 22.20.16.4691 (date of publication 6/02/2017). Please check yours Windows Update history.
    To the old driver, I restored the system before the update date with a Restore Point. Old driver in my Acer: 20.19.15.4444 (publication 22/04/2016). Now the graphics work fine (with the new "bad" driver I also had a problem with Screen Mirroring with my Panasonic tv).
    But I had to completely disable Windows Update in system services, because new driver automatically installed again. I have not found another way to effectively disable driver updates in Windows 10 Home.
    I am waiting for a solution by the manufacturer - Intel, Acer... I hope that soon... ;-)

Stanley99, Oct 7, 2017
  9. my10name Win User
  10. Please visit either your computer or graphic card manufacturer to download latest driver. Microsoft not always have the latest device drivers.

FreeBooter, Oct 7, 2017
  11. Hi All,

I experienced the same issue. Thanks to "Stanley99", rolling back the display driver worked for me.

engrzeeshan, Oct 31, 2017
  12. bananas Win User
    Same problem ... white (greyish - weird rgb combination up close) striped screen with darker box for mouse
    - started right after last windows update ... I was furious as it happened right at my college lecture XD I figured out that PC was ok as I managed to "blindly" play music even with white screen.
    Also after restart problem seemed to vanish only to reappear once I put my PC to sleep ... well im glad it's no virus tho its sad to see intel graphic's driver with such issues geez I tought only Nvidia was good in blowing with their driver updates ... well sems like it's time to welcome intel in the club (cmon guys Y U release untested driver updates)

(literally hardest part of it all was to get my PC up'n runing for a test we had on Math workshop and also to find this exact forum to find out what's up)

- that's exactly why I just signed up - purely for this post as im pretty sure there'll be hordes of ppl looking for this forum

To whoever responsible 4 dis ... U owe me a good banana milkshake man ...

- ROLL BACK DEM DRIVERS EVERYONE !!! -

Stanley99 U DA REAL MVP HERE

bananas, Oct 31, 2017
  13. ccmp99 Win User

Hey ,

Having the same problem, (Dell Inspirion 15 7000, Windows 10 NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti). Restored my system to an earlier date before the update but then it looks like the update installed again and problem is back. Now there are no more restore dates before the update. How exactly do I roll back my display drivers?

ccmp99, Nov 1, 2017
  14. Hi ccmp99. Welcome to the TenForums @ccmp99

First open device manager, find adapter, right click on it, then properties, then driver. Should be an option to roll back.

If your Update was FCU (Fall Creator Update) that option won't be available. You will need to find driver, hopefully on Dell site, more likely on NVidia site.

Install it.

Then tell windows and NVidia to lay off updating your driver. I think for NVidia this is done in the GeForce experience app. For Windows, Windows Key + R, type sysdm.cpl, enter. Click on Hardware tab, then Device Installation Settings, then "NO".

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 2, 2017
  15. I also have a Dell Inspirion 15 7000 with Windows 10 NVidia GeForce GTX 1050, but I cannot roll back the driver because it's updated to the most recent, with no previous version to "roll back" to. You said to "find driver" on either the dell or NVidia website, and I'm confused as to how to do so.

CheezChunks12, Nov 3, 2017
Thema:

1. White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode - Similar Threads - White screen vertical

2. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup: I'm having trouble running Windows 10 on my desktop. I was watching a video on chrome and it suddenly shows me blue screen error and I restarted it after some long gap like 8 or 10 hours, it works well but after using it for 30 After 45 minutes it shows me blue screen error...
  3. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup: I'm having trouble running Windows 10 on my desktop. I was watching a video on chrome and it suddenly shows me blue screen error and I restarted it after some long gap like 8 or 10 hours, it works well but after using it for 30 After 45 minutes it shows me blue screen error...
  4. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. after sleep mode gray screen lines

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after sleep mode gray screen lines: hi, when trying to "awake" my computer from sleep mode, vertical grayish lines appear as my screen, turn off and on several times until reloads windows 10, how do I get rid of that screen?...
  6. after sleep mode gray screen lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after sleep mode gray screen lines: hi, when trying to "awake" my computer from sleep mode, vertical grayish lines appear as my screen, turn off and on several times until reloads windows 10, how do I get rid of that screen?...
  7. after sleep mode gray screen lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. after sleep mode grey screen lines

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after sleep mode grey screen lines: hi, when trying to "awake" my computer from sleep mode, vertical grayish lines appear as my screen, turn off and on several times until reloads windows 10, how do I get rid of that screen?...
  9. Issue with Intel HD driver (vertical lines after sleep mode)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with Intel HD driver (vertical lines after sleep mode): Hello, I've recently bought brand new Teclast F7s and it looks I'm hitting well known problem with Intel HD Graphics driver. It was discussed in following thread: White screen with vertical lines after sleep mode When I look into Intel HD Graphics 500 driver, I can see it is...
  10. Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Orange screen with vertical white lines on startup: I'm having a problem with a desktop PC running Windows 10. It had been working fine, but a few days ago, it restarted on its own, and is now booting up to an orange screen with vertical white lines. The desktop is a refurbished Dell Precision T3400. It originally ran...