Windows 10: Who Bought a Licence For $2 in the Store?

Discus and support Who Bought a Licence For $2 in the Store? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Looks like you got lucky: Microsoft has told users that it will honour sales of Windows 10 licence keys which exploited a loophole in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nus, Aug 2, 2015.

1. NUS
    Nus Win User

Who Bought a Licence For $2 in the Store?

Looks like you got lucky:

Microsoft to honour $2 Windows 10 Pro key loophole sales | bit-tech.net

:)

2. RonBarker Win User

Can I have the win 10 upgrade in a separate partition?

Andre

There it does appear that anyone who originally had Windows 7 and bought a Windows 8 licence for them to remove Windows 8 which would allow Windows 7 to be upgraded, and continue to have the Windows 8 licence. Not sure why anyone would want to do that but
    I have seen this suggested on another website.

RonBarker, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Will I be able to transfer my Windows 10 Pro license to another computer?

My upgrade path is as follows, and I'm trying to determine if I can transfer my Windows 10 Pro licence:

• Bought PC[1] with Windows 7 Home, and then purchased an upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro

during a promotion
    • Bought PC[2] with Windows 8.1 Home, and transferred the Windows 8.1 Pro to the new machine (rolling back PC[1] to the original Windows 7 Home licence)
    • Updated PC[2] to Windows 10 Pro this fall.
    • Bought PC[3] over Boxing day with Windows 10 Home.
    Can I now transfer the Pro licence from PC[2] to PC[3] (rolling back PC[2] to Windows 8.1 Home, and then upgrading to Windows 10 Home?

Bipedalmammal, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Who Bought a Licence For $2 in the Store?

Aw, they were $2? I wanted to upgrade my computer to Pro, but the store app refused to work. I ended up having to do a clean reinstall after the 29th.

FuturDreamz, Aug 2, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    "Wot's a Licence !!!!".

I've got a whole slew of TechNet keys that I never used --Like a lot of people I'm sure at the end of the TechNet program who did the same I just gobbled up as many keys as I could -- still got around 5 VL (multiple activations) of W7/W8/W8.1 still (all versions from Starter to Enterprise) so I think I've got enough here to get Free W10 for LIFE. !!! I never actually used any of that stuff after the program ended but I'm glad I kept them.

The TechNet keys DO activate - I used a couple yesterday creating two W10 machines -- one a laptop and another a desktop.

@ Old TechNet subscribers --you can STILL get your Licence keys that you retrieved when your subscription expired -- you won't get the ISO's but any Clean ISO will work. Install the OLD OS, activate with TechNet Key and then you can get the FREE W10 upgrade.

VL keys can be activated at least 50 times !!!!!!! I won't create that many W10 installation though !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    I missed out too, but no problem.

Wynona, Aug 2, 2015
  7. NUS
    Nus Win User
    In the article:

8. Who Bought a Licence For $2 in the Store?

People who want a cheap licence can get it easily.
    I have got 8.1 Pro for $12 on g2a, currently costs $20.

TairikuOkami, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Slugger Win User
    I got it less than $2. It's called free. I know they where upgrading from home.

Slugger, Aug 2, 2015
  10. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yes a free upgrade for the OS that you paid for, with a non-transferable licence.

Not a new, transferable, OS licence for $2.

11. Slugger Win User
    Nope it was a gift from a friend. It's still free.*Smile

Slugger, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Who Bought a Licence For $2 in the Store?

1. Who Bought a Licence For $2 in the Store? - Similar Threads - Bought Licence Store

2. Windows 10 Pro activation with licence bought via Microsoft Store Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation with licence bought via Microsoft Store Virtualbox: Hi,I bought a "Windows10/11" Licence via the Microsoft store. I think I upgraded it to pro later.I was running this licence on my PC without problems running Windows 11 Professional.Now I don't use Windows as my main OS anymore.I am running Windows 10 Pro with Virtualbox on...
  3. Windows 10 Pro activation with licence bought via Microsoft Store Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro activation with licence bought via Microsoft Store Virtualbox: Hi,I bought a "Windows10/11" Licence via the Microsoft store. I think I upgraded it to pro later.I was running this licence on my PC without problems running Windows 11 Professional.Now I don't use Windows as my main OS anymore.I am running Windows 10 Pro with Virtualbox on...
  4. Windows 10 Pro activation with licence bought via Microsoft Store Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change computer with a licence key bought in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change computer with a licence key bought in microsoft store: Gooday, The title does not say it all.. here's why :I bought a Windows 11 Home license irl then has entered it in a Windows 11 Home arm64 in a VM in Parrallel desktop for mac Standard, I have then upgraded the Windows licence to pro in the Microsoft Store, so the VM has...
  6. Change computer with a licence key bought in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change computer with a licence key bought in microsoft store: Gooday, The title does not say it all.. here's why :I bought a Windows 11 Home license irl then has entered it in a Windows 11 Home arm64 in a VM in Parrallel desktop for mac Standard, I have then upgraded the Windows licence to pro in the Microsoft Store, so the VM has...
  7. for those who already bought Microsoft Precsition Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    for those who already bought Microsoft Precsition Mouse: I just wonder if I can program the thumb button in Microsoft precision mouse to move forward or backward by few second in Youtube for example? is it having that capability to be programmed that much? I haven't bought the mouse yet, so I couldn't check "Microsoft Mouse And...
  8. reusing Windows 10 Pro Retail licence bought via Microsoft Store

reusing Windows 10 Pro Retail licence bought via Microsoft Store: Hello, I bought a Windows 10 Pro licence in March for my laptop Unfortunately I am unhappy with my current laptop performance and I am thinking about switching to a MacBook Pro. I would like to use my current Windows licence to have Windows running next to Mac OS on the new...
  9. Bought from MS Store BUT NO LICENCE KEY came

Bought from MS Store BUT NO LICENCE KEY came: I have a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. Since I need Windows 10 PRO I went to MS STORE and bought the Upgrade. It all went well. BUT THERE IS NO LICENCE KEY with the purchase. The system says "Windows is not activated" and problem shooting says "cannot be...
  10. subscription to store bought

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    subscription to store bought: Hi, I have been recently using Office 365, on a monthly subscription. I do not recall if I went through an actual installation. Question is do I need to uninstall before I install office 2016 with the key purchased? Thanks...