Windows 10: Who has the oldest Machine that runs Windows 10?

Discus and support Who has the oldest Machine that runs Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So ive heard that Windows 10 can run on some fairly old PC's Let see who here is running the oldest setup with Windows 10 installed I have a laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by derekellis81, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Who has the oldest Machine that runs Windows 10?

So ive heard that Windows 10 can run on some fairly old PC's Let see who here is running the oldest setup with Windows 10 installed

I have a laptop, a Dell Insprion 1520, which was bought brand new in May, 2008. It had Windows Xp on it. I then did an upgrade to Windows 7. I took the free upgrade to Windows 10.

So, anyone here have an older setup than mine that is running Windows 10?

:)

derekellis81, Aug 21, 2015
  2. Sanwin2 Win User

Does anyone NOT have any problems with the Windows 10 Anniversary update?

I have 9 machines running it. Three were clean installs, the rest updates from Vista via 7 and 8, or from 7. The only problem I had was needing to add more RAM to the oldest machine.

All are running without problems. The oldest two machines have gone from Vista, to 7, to 8, to 8.1, to 10. (the 7's were purchased to allow upgrade to 8)

I keep contemplating doing a clean install on them, but as they are working well I can see no point.

Sanwin2, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Problems with NVIDIA GEFORCE GPU and DirectX

The oldest game I have on my machine is Borderlands, I'm quite sure is not really considered a "newer game" and it still doesn't run.

Chief Teef, Aug 21, 2015
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Who has the oldest Machine that runs Windows 10?

You got me beat, My HP Pavilion was new in 2009 came with win vista home edition. I've changed a lot of her insides thou since then. Lots of hardware upgrades. *Smile

OldMike65, Aug 21, 2015
  5. mine was

Factory specs-
    250GB Hdd
    2GB RAM
    2.4ghz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU

Upgraded specs-

1TB Hdd
    4GB RAM
    Still running same CPU

6. Joergi Win User
    That is interesting!

I have a system from 2007 I believe. It also came with Windows XP and I have Windows 7 on it currently. No changes to the hardware done. On Windows 7 -compared to current PCs- I would say it feels slow.

How is your old PC running with Windows 10? Would you say it is slower than it has been with Windows 7? Or is it about the same? (I won't ask if it got faster... ;-) )

I am not sure, if I should upgrade this old machine. I mean: I could - but would I be happy with the result? In terms of speed?

Joergi, Aug 21, 2015
  7. Hydranix Win User
    Dell Dimension 4400 and 4550.
    Pentium 4 2.8GHz

~January 2002.

IBM xSeries 225 (Server)
    Dual Intel XEON 2.8GHz
    ~June 2003.

Hydranix, Aug 21, 2015
  8. Joergi Win User

And happy with it or slow and unusable?

Joergi, Aug 21, 2015
  9. Fafhrd Win User
    Who has the oldest Machine that runs Windows 10? [​IMG]

AMIBIOS Date 02/03/2005
    Intel Pentium 4 540 LGA775 Prescott 90nm Technology - Introduced 2nd Quarter 2004 - one of the first Intel CPUs with NX

Perfectly usable, better in some ways than Windows 7 and 8 on more modern processors (no SpeedStep throttling).

Fafhrd, Aug 21, 2015
  10. Bazz Win User
    This is a great thread and I'm going to watch it.

11. 51sandman Win User
    HP 2007 Laptop dv9729us runs Windows 10 pro with video drive issues not at native resolution but runs it just fine.

51sandman, Aug 21, 2015
  12. Williams Win User
    think about buying a SSD drive and use it along with your HDD

Williams, Aug 21, 2015
  13. Who has the oldest Machine that runs Windows 10?

My Dell is running just the same as Windows 7. I have not noticed any speed change at all.

14. The boot time on my Dell is much faster with Windows 10. I used to be able under Windows 7 (and Xp) go take a piss, and it will still be booting up. Now....its at my desktop screen when I come back.

15. Who has the oldest Machine that runs Windows 10? [​IMG]

here is a screen shot of my system info

Thema:

1. Who has the oldest Machine that runs Windows 10? - Similar Threads - has oldest Machine

2. Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running Linux with a virtual machine inside Windows 10 machine: Hi and question: If I run a virtual machine inside my windows 10 machine, does all the telemetry, keystroke logging, etc. still happen while inside the VM? Example: If I run Linux Mint in a VM with Windows 10 as the host computer, does Windows (Microsoft) get all the...
  3. Free Windows 10 For Oldest Desktop/Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Windows 10 For Oldest Desktop/Laptop: Dear, Microsoft About 6 years ago I brought laptop with Windows 7 license. But now Windows 7 is outdated. Now problem, My laptop price is lower than Windows 10 license fee. So It should not be good buy Windows 10 license for this laptop. It should be good, Windows 10 free...
  4. Who else runs Win 10 in a VM?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Who else runs Win 10 in a VM?: I was turned on to the idea by swarfega from my Windows 10 Decrapifier post. I find it so funny as I have been in computers for a lot of years. Not to say that I've never ran VM's I have but just for testing things not to run another permanent OS. Anyway I downloaded VMware...
  5. Who else runs Win 10 in a VM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Who else runs Win 10 in a VM?: I was turned on to the idea by swarfega from my Windows 10 Decrapifier post. I find it so funny as I have been in computers for a lot of years. Not to say that I've never ran VM's I have but just for testing things not to run another permanent OS. Anyway I downloaded VMware...
  6. My machine has 8 GB of RAM, runs Windows 10, it has a Intel

in Windows 10 Customization
    My machine has 8 GB of RAM, runs Windows 10, it has a Intel: Hello, good afternoon! My PC desktop runs the Windows 10 Home OS. I've put in the machine a new RAM Memory, now it has 8 GB. However, I still think it runs slowly the operational system, as if it wasn't developed for this machine. I've read about the Windows 10 S, a...
  7. Who has disabled automatic updates in Windows 10?

Who has disabled automatic updates in Windows 10?: With the Anniversary Update coming it got me wondering if I should disable automatic updates. I think I understand how to do it but wonder if I should? When I had Win 7 and Win 8 I set WU to notify me and I would decide which updates to install. there were very few I didn't...
  8. Android on Win 10. Who has ideas?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android on Win 10. Who has ideas?: Hey guys and girls, I have a love for android, but I do not want all that on my phone. I have tried Bluestacks Native, RemixOS player(both Boot up version and in Windows App), and a few emulators. Who has a good idea of what I can do to run Android Apps on Windows itself,...
  9. Who all has and has not received the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yet

Who all has and has not received the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yet: Who all has and hasn't received the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yet? I still haven't received the Anniversary Update yet on 2 of my computers. I don't want to download it from the internet again like I did on my Desktop and my personal Laptop since the update was or is...
  10. Running windows 10 On Older Machines

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running windows 10 On Older Machines: O.k.......I am running Windows 10 on a seven years old Dell Inspiron 1545, it works fine apart from one problem.......after clicking on desktop icon it can take up to 25 seconds to load a web page.......not all the time, and not all web pages.......Facebook for instance is...