Windows 10: Who is "Trusted Installer?"

Discus and support Who is "Trusted Installer?" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Several times when I want to maybe rename or delete a file, I get a message that I have to get permission from "Trusted Installer" before I can do what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TechnoMage, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Who is "Trusted Installer?"

Several times when I want to maybe rename or delete a file, I get a message that I have to get permission from "Trusted Installer" before I can do what I want, or need, to do.

I'm the only user on this system and I have Administrator Privileges, so why am I not the 'Trusted Installer' ???

Any solution to this dilemma would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    *Cool

:)

TechnoMage, Aug 13, 2015
  2. DaveBesag Win User

Windows 10 Automatic Updates

Yes, it helps me remember that Microsoft are a bunch of **** who don't trust users who know what they are doing to control their own machine.

DaveBesag, Aug 13, 2015
  3. HairyFool Win User
    WHO TO TRUST FOR PC ISSUES?

ALL THESE MESSAGES ARE BOGUS.

Ignore them. Critical driver updates are distributed via Microsoft update otherwise the only drivers you should ever consider are from the manufacturer. If a laptop or branded computer then from them otherwise from the component manufacturer for individual
    devices.

In most cases these messages are generated by web page addons which do not actually know if there are problems or not. Download and run (it does not install) AdwCleaner. Scan then Clean the computer to remove any
    Potentially Unwanted Program. Check Control Panel, Programs and Features for any recently installed program that is unexpected.

HairyFool, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Who is "Trusted Installer?"

Microsoft is the trusted installer

5. Mystere Win User
    First, some misconceptions on your part. You are not "getting permission from" TrustedInstaller. TrustedInstaller is the owner of the file or directory, and you must override that ownership to allow your own account to work with those files.

TrustedInstaller is a Windows built-in account, technical called NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller.

TrustedInstaller is the owner of things like ProgramFiles, and Windows folders. When you install an application, the installer runs as the TrustedInstaller user. This is so that these folders can be prevented from being modified by normal users, such as if you accidentally ran a malware app. Even if you were silly enough to click Yes to the UAC prompt, it still could not overwrite the files.

Mystere, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. Thanks for the help!
    TM *Cool

TechnoMage, Aug 13, 2015
  8. Who is "Trusted Installer?"

I thought it was the cable guy....

Not Myself, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Who is "Trusted Installer?"

1. Who is "Trusted Installer?" - Similar Threads - Trusted Installer

2. How i can remove trusted installer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i can remove trusted installer?: I'm having a problem with TrustedInstaller; it won't let me format an old hard drive, nor will it allow me to delete any folders from it, not even a games folder that I have. This issue arose after reinstalling Windows on a new SSD. I can't even install Python in the...
  3. How i can remove trusted installer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How i can remove trusted installer?: I'm having a problem with TrustedInstaller; it won't let me format an old hard drive, nor will it allow me to delete any folders from it, not even a games folder that I have. This issue arose after reinstalling Windows on a new SSD. I can't even install Python in the...
  4. How i can remove trusted installer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials

Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials: My Microsoft home was hacked, turned into a work account and 13 users added with installer privileges. I am an attorney and they have access to confidential info. They change all privileges to allow chromecast or mirrorcast and use across several devices. They also hacked...
  6. Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hackers converted Home edition into work added 13 users with trusted installer credentials: My Microsoft home was hacked, turned into a work account and 13 users added with installer privileges. I am an attorney and they have access to confidential info. They change all privileges to allow chromecast or mirrorcast and use across several devices. They also hacked...
  7. Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD: Trying to run setup.exe under Win11 with trusted certificate loaded and receiving the following error:Name: MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2 From: file:///C:/Temp/Deploy/MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2.vsto ************** Exception Text ************** System.Security.SecurityException:...
  8. Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD

Unable to install Trusted Certificate for WORD: Trying to run setup.exe under Win11 with trusted certificate loaded and receiving the following error:Name: MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2 From: file:///C:/Temp/Deploy/MeSOWsMeCustomer.Word.V2.vsto ************** Exception Text ************** System.Security.SecurityException:...
  9. How can you delete Defender and Trusted installer when they will NOT give you permission?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can you delete Defender and Trusted installer when they will NOT give you permission?: I've seen MANY people say do this and that but EDIT and choosing another owner is not possible. Is there a tool to remove it?The microsoft people F%$# us on this one. They not only made it super hard but ALSO impossible. Think of it. In order to delete it you need to get...
  10. How can you delete Defender and Trusted installer when they will NOT give you permission?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can you delete Defender and Trusted installer when they will NOT give you permission?: I've seen MANY people say do this and that but EDIT and choosing another owner is not possible. Is there a tool to remove it?The microsoft people F%$# us on this one. They not only made it super hard but ALSO impossible. Think of it. In order to delete it you need to get...