Windows 10: Who/what told my PC to restart?

Discus and support Who/what told my PC to restart? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My PC just restarted at a suspicious time (dealing with a compromised Amazon account). Can I do something to determine where the last order to restart... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by THX1138, Nov 4, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Who/what told my PC to restart?

My PC just restarted at a suspicious time (dealing with a compromised Amazon account). Can I do something to determine where the last order to restart my PC came from? Like, could it have been Windows restarting for an update (I saw no mention of that)? Can I tell if a hacker did it as part of gaining fuller control of my PC? My only virus protection has been Microsoft's own in Windows Defender Security Centre.

:)

THX1138, Nov 4, 2017

2. SYMBIAN SYSTEM VIRUS SCAN?

Hello, pshychomania. Who told that i use a windows PC? I meant PC here that i use linux on my PC.

loveuhateu, Nov 4, 2017
  3. peterh338 Win User
    Continued Availability of Nokia 808

Who told me what?

peterh338, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Anything in the event logs?

Samuria, Nov 4, 2017
  5. THX1138 Win User
    Yeah; it was Malwarebytes which I had just used to scan and quarantine something which looked innocuous. I don't believe it asked me if I wanted to restart though! Thanks.

THX1138, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Who/what told my PC to restart? - Similar Threads - told restart

2. I installed .NET 6.0 and when i restarted my laptop, windows told me hat it turned real...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed .NET 6.0 and when i restarted my laptop, windows told me hat it turned real...: Not sure if this has correlation with installing .NET 6.0, as it went back to normal after a while, but im still wondering? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-net-60-and-when-i-restarted-my-laptop/a55f2e78-7dbf-41d6-97e3-53e2efc80f13
  3. I installed .NET 6.0 and when i restarted my laptop, windows told me hat it turned real...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I installed .NET 6.0 and when i restarted my laptop, windows told me hat it turned real...: Not sure if this has correlation with installing .NET 6.0, as it went back to normal after a while, but im still wondering? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-installed-net-60-and-when-i-restarted-my-laptop/a55f2e78-7dbf-41d6-97e3-53e2efc80f13
  4. media creation tool finished downloading win10 and after told me to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool finished downloading win10 and after told me to restart: media creation tool finished downloading win10 and checked for compatibility after that it told me to restart my pc, i closed the media creation tool and opened it again but it just told me to restart, so i did and i opened it again and it just started downloading again, the...
  5. media creation tool finished downloading win10 and after told me to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    media creation tool finished downloading win10 and after told me to restart: media creation tool finished downloading win10 and checked for compatibility after that it told me to restart my pc, i closed the media creation tool and opened it again but it just told me to restart, so i did and i opened it again and it just started downloading again, the...
  6. Windows 10 just told me it found problems and needed a restart?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 just told me it found problems and needed a restart?: Is there a history or something to show what they found was wrong and why it needed to be restarted. New HP laptop. Bought about 4 weeks ago.. I was just browsing on Brave browser. Windows 10 latest version, upgraded and updated 3 weeks ago... 176876
  7. Windows 10 just told me it found problems and needed a restart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 just told me it found problems and needed a restart?: Is there a history or something to show what they found was wrong and why it needed to be restarted. New HP laptop. Bought about 4 weeks ago.. I was just browsing on Brave browser. Windows 10 latest version, upgraded and updated 3 weeks ago... 176876
  8. Windows 10 restarts PC when told to shut down, other OSes don't?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 restarts PC when told to shut down, other OSes don't?: As the title says, when I click shutdown in Windows 10, the computer eventually shuts off, but then right when the LED on the front of the PC goes dark, the system boots back up. I dualboot with Linux and macOS, neither of which exhibit this behavior, they just shut down as...
  9. Microsoft Support told me that if I delete my driver it will reinstall after restart. It...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Support told me that if I delete my driver it will reinstall after restart. It...: Sorry for me being a dumbass but why won’t my audio driver reinstall after restart. Microsoft chat support said it would. submitted by /u/FireStrixx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gt90ia/microsoft_support_told_me_that_if_i_delete_my/
  10. windows 10 gets stuck in restart window. I was told there was a tool or a bat file for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 gets stuck in restart window. I was told there was a tool or a bat file for...: Hello. When I do a system restart in windows 10 home x64 it get stuck in the restart windows. I was once told the is a tool or a bat file for fixing this. Can someone help? Many Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. who told the pc to restart