Windows 10: Who/what told my PC to restart?

Discus and support Who/what told my PC to restart? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My PC just restarted at a suspicious time (dealing with a compromised Amazon account). Can I do something to determine where the last order to restart... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by THX1138, Nov 4, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Who/what told my PC to restart?

My PC just restarted at a suspicious time (dealing with a compromised Amazon account). Can I do something to determine where the last order to restart my PC came from? Like, could it have been Windows restarting for an update (I saw no mention of that)? Can I tell if a hacker did it as part of gaining fuller control of my PC? My only virus protection has been Microsoft's own in Windows Defender Security Centre.

:)

THX1138, Nov 4, 2017

2. SYMBIAN SYSTEM VIRUS SCAN?

Hello, pshychomania. Who told that i use a windows PC? I meant PC here that i use linux on my PC.

loveuhateu, Nov 4, 2017
  3. peterh338 Win User
    Continued Availability of Nokia 808

Who told me what?

peterh338, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Anything in the event logs?

Samuria, Nov 4, 2017
  5. THX1138 Win User
    Yeah; it was Malwarebytes which I had just used to scan and quarantine something which looked innocuous. I don't believe it asked me if I wanted to restart though! Thanks.

THX1138, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Who/what told my PC to restart? - Similar Threads - told restart

2. How do I enter my i p address since i have been told that ne i have had is invalid, i have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I enter my i p address since i have been told that ne i have had is invalid, i have...: How do I enter my ip address since I have been told it is invalid...it worked well until now...I have looked up the number. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enter-my-i-p-address-since-i-have-been/e07f3c85-50b4-40ff-9ae9-a9b59048b887
  3. Keep on being told I can't sign into my MS Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keep on being told I can't sign into my MS Account: It thien tells me "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account, then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any files that you create or changes that you make will be lost." I have signed out 6 or 7 times, but I always get the same message. I've also...
  4. Being told my C drive is unavailable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Being told my C drive is unavailable: I was browsing news articles on Microsoft Edge when a box came up and an alarm sounded. A clock was counting down and I was informed the computer would be wiped unless I pressed the button. I didn't press it, instead doing a ctl-alt-del and restart. Everything seemed fine on...
  5. I am being told to load PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be wiped out. Is this a scam?

I am being told to load PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be wiped out. Is this a scam?: I am being warned to install PC Cleaner otherwise my system files will be deleted. Is this true or is it a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-being-told-to-load-pc-cleaner-otherwise-my/006a4b9d-931c-4b0d-99a8-5365950c9241"
  6. windows 10 mail does not update, was told change password. I did. Still no new mail today

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 mail does not update, was told change password. I did. Still no new mail today: Yesterday windows mail did not update mail. Was told to change password. Did, but new mail still not come. Does come on website but I need it from, desktop mail icon...
  7. Cannot upload my Quicken for windows and was told by Quicken that this is a security...

Cannot upload my Quicken for windows and was told by Quicken that this is a security...: Cannot upload my Quicken for windows and was told by Quicken that this is a security software issue by microsoft that is preventing the quicken program to load? Was told to contact Microsoft?...
  8. A pop-up website claiming to be Microsoft told me I am hacked; now I can't change my password

A pop-up website claiming to be Microsoft told me I am hacked; now I can't change my password: Hello there, I had recently started using this new website (https://www6.fmovies.to/) to watch free movies online. Pop-up adds frequently come up on this website but I always ignore them. Today (around 10min ago), another pop-up add came on, but this time, a website popped...
  9. I been told I need upgrade my computer to play Anno 1800. What do I need

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I been told I need upgrade my computer to play Anno 1800. What do I need: Current Specs: Windows 10 64 bit Intel Core i3-4350 CPU @ 3.60 GHz 8.0GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-been-told-i-need-upgrade-my-computer-to-play/a4d2c4c1-9064-47c6-a2e8-d391c9268cae
  10. windows 10 gets stuck in restart window. I was told there was a tool or a bat file for...

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 gets stuck in restart window. I was told there was a tool or a bat file for...: Hello. When I do a system restart in windows 10 home x64 it get stuck in the restart windows. I was once told the is a tool or a bat file for fixing this. Can someone help? Many Thanks...