Windows 10: Who/what told my PC to restart?

Discus and support Who/what told my PC to restart? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My PC just restarted at a suspicious time (dealing with a compromised Amazon account). Can I do something to determine where the last order to restart... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by THX1138, Nov 4, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Who/what told my PC to restart?

My PC just restarted at a suspicious time (dealing with a compromised Amazon account). Can I do something to determine where the last order to restart my PC came from? Like, could it have been Windows restarting for an update (I saw no mention of that)? Can I tell if a hacker did it as part of gaining fuller control of my PC? My only virus protection has been Microsoft's own in Windows Defender Security Centre.

:)

THX1138, Nov 4, 2017

2. SYMBIAN SYSTEM VIRUS SCAN?

Hello, pshychomania. Who told that i use a windows PC? I meant PC here that i use linux on my PC.

loveuhateu, Nov 4, 2017
  3. peterh338 Win User
    Continued Availability of Nokia 808

Who told me what?

peterh338, Nov 4, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Anything in the event logs?

Samuria, Nov 4, 2017
  5. THX1138 Win User
    Yeah; it was Malwarebytes which I had just used to scan and quarantine something which looked innocuous. I don't believe it asked me if I wanted to restart though! Thanks.

THX1138, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Who/what told my PC to restart? - Similar Threads - told restart

2. Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Told to RE BUY the same windows I've previously bought because I upgraded my PC?!!: Is this legit? I upgraded my processor this week and since then I've had the "activate windows" message showing up in the corner. I didn't de-activate or transfer the key or whatever before the upgrade. I cant follow the troubleshooting steps to get it reactivated. I just...
  3. Windows 10 Security Update Dialog Should Not Reboot Unless Told To

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Security Update Dialog Should Not Reboot Unless Told To: I submitted feedback to the Windows Feedback Hub. Click "Windows 10 Security Update Dialog Should Not Reboot Unless Told To". Vote Yes and comment you want this problem corrected ASAP. Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.590) Even if you have Pause Updates...
  4. I can't acces my virus and threat protection and have been told my windows defender is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't acces my virus and threat protection and have been told my windows defender is...: I privately own this PC and there is no other person who does, I'm confused on why it is blocking me from accessing my virus and threat protection and turning off my windows defender. Any help would be very nice because I don't want any viruses. If you have any questions I'll...
  5. I was told my computer was blocked, then I couldn't get facebook or windows live mail so I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I was told my computer was blocked, then I couldn't get facebook or windows live mail so I...: Your company did a scan and returned my laptop to original settings, can you reverse this? please? as I cannot get back to my icons and desktop reminders etc. I would like it to be returned to what it was like yesterday feb. 22nd The scan was done this a.m. Feb. 23/19...
  6. Told PC to do nothing when I plug my droid in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Told PC to do nothing when I plug my droid in: A while back I plugged my Droid into the USB. I told the popup to do nothing when I plugged the phone in. I now want to connect it but can't figure out how. Any Ideas?...
  7. I have installed Sky Go and been told to swap a device to enable me to watch. How do I do this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have installed Sky Go and been told to swap a device to enable me to watch. How do I do this?: How do I swap a device on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-installed-sky-go-and-been-told-to-swap-a/fac2eaa7-b0cf-4cd6-a761-cc5e732de8fd
  8. can't sign into msn, I put in password and am told they can't find me and try again later,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't sign into msn, I put in password and am told they can't find me and try again later,...: Won't let me sign, it takes my sign in name but not my password, I am told they can't find a record of me and to try again later. If the prob persists contact customer support and tell them the number 66 appears under the butterfly. How do I fix this?...
  9. why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc

why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc: why am i being told i'm not the admin on the only account on my pc and the file says I have permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-being-told-im-not-the-admin-on-the-only/3016a201-61a1-446f-9e9e-1c4bdccb428b
  10. windows 10 gets stuck in restart window. I was told there was a tool or a bat file for...

windows 10 gets stuck in restart window. I was told there was a tool or a bat file for...: Hello. When I do a system restart in windows 10 home x64 it get stuck in the restart windows. I was once told the is a tool or a bat file for fixing this. Can someone help? Many Thanks...