Windows 10: Who will get Windows 10 on July 29th? Just Windows Insiders?

Discus and support Who will get Windows 10 on July 29th? Just Windows Insiders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Will the Windows Insiders get Windows on July 29th, or just the Insiders that have the 10240 RTM installed on their computer? 9096 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Who will get Windows 10 on July 29th? Just Windows Insiders?

Will the Windows Insiders get Windows on July 29th, or just the Insiders that have the 10240 RTM installed on their computer?

:)

Jesse Williams, Jul 26, 2015

2. How will I get the windows 10 (on 29 July) iso and burn it to a disk,afterwards upgrade it ??

Hi many thanks for your answer. I would prefer to download the ISO, as I format and reinstalled everything once a year, to keep my system flying.. Now I have reserved the windows 10 upgrade, which as its in windows update will just download and install,
    like new versions that come out for windows 10 insider preview at the moment. But will I have to google to find link for iso to download, and also what about the licence key, so I can install it once a year, as is my custom. Thanks..

JustinSharp72, Jul 26, 2015
  3. win 10 upgrade date issue

I heard that on July 29, only windows insiders get the upgrade on that day, then everyone else who reserved win10. Can we still just download win 10 on that day manually?

originalnameok, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Who will get Windows 10 on July 29th? Just Windows Insiders?

Probably - MS said Insiders are the first in line.

Slartybart, Jul 26, 2015
  5. 24C
    24c Win User
    Any body have a clue as to "roll out time"?
    Gonna be an interesting day for sure.

6. Rocky Win User
    Rocky, Jul 26, 2015
  7. 24C
    24c Win User
  8. NUS
    Nus Win User

Who will get Windows 10 on July 29th? Just Windows Insiders?

Yes, the article I saw said the 4.4 million Insiders are getting it first. The plebs at a later date.

According to that timer it's 07:00 GMT?

Who will get Windows 10 on July 29th? Just Windows Insiders? [​IMG]

My clock is GMT+1 (British Summer Time).

9. If every Insider downloads the update, then 183,333.33 users will begin downloading in each timezone. Others will be asleep or at work, some have decided to wait (I'm waiting!), some only signed up when MS miscommunication the licensing and Insider program. MS has said that there are only about 1.2 million active participants - but let's round that up to 2 million ... that takes it down to 83,333.33 users updating per time zone.

You know who's going to get screwed don't you - it's those .33 users *Tongue

and finally, time zones don't account for servers north and south. Let's use 12 longitude divisions - that gives you 6,944.44 users downloading per block.

Mirror Servers will feed devices closest to them (location awareness from being in the Insider Program) and I'm sure MS has arranged for some heavy duty servers with very big pipes on this special day.

I'd venture that many of these machines have the P2P update setting turned on and will be feeding from and feeding to other machines - that will be interesting to see how it works out.

MS is going all in with the hand they have : Win10.

Slartybart, Jul 27, 2015
  10. Chuck38 Win User
    Those that have reserved Windows 10 will get Windows 10 on July 29th.

Chuck38, Jul 27, 2015
  11. Phone Man Win User
    Its looks like each time zone will get it at 8 AM local time. This is what I just got in the Central Time Zone (UTC -6:00)

Who will get Windows 10 on July 29th? Just Windows Insiders? [​IMG]

Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Jul 27, 2015
  12. With the hidden torrent program that is built into Windows 10, we MAY HAVE ALREADY DOWNLOADED the release version. It may just be sitting there waiting to reboot and activate. Or perhaps we just need a day one patch to version 240 then get activated. Something to think about.

John Pombrio, Jul 27, 2015
  13. patseguin Win User

Insiders already have RTM.

patseguin, Jul 27, 2015
  14. groze Win User
    It suppose to be a rolling release, insider first unless they already have it-we will see. If it wasn't for the possibility of storms here during the day. I would let you know if I get it that day. If no storms are expected after 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, and Microsoft already downloaded 10. I would go ahead and install it and post info when I can.

groze, Jul 27, 2015
  15. If that is so, and my computer says that my copy of Win10 is activated, I should have a valid win10 license, correct? "If this is a consular ship, where is the ambassador?" Where is my Win 10 license?

John Pombrio, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Who will get Windows 10 on July 29th? Just Windows Insiders? - Similar Threads - July 29th Insiders

2. I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I did not authorize a purchase. July 29th 2023: I did not purchase Publisher. I never sent that request for the product and it says it has been redeemed. How can I refund this purchase and get my money back? I am a college student who needs every last cent.Order number 9531093973I also obtained spam emails on the email...
  3. Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?: I already know about the trick where you update then revert, and the computer you updated on will be able to upgrade again for free after July 29th, but what if I won't have the computer I want to upgrade until after this date? I'm getting a MacBook Air in August. I like...
  4. July 29th not June 29th

in Windows 10 Support
    July 29th not June 29th: I was getting so excited for windows 10 on the 29th June....and then I realised it's July not June lol! Silly me, I must have read it wrong. And there I was looking forward to installing it tomorrow! I even bought myself a new SSD and cloned my W8.1 over! This is how I...
  5. Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July: Hello, I have a question : after the free upgrade period expires, how do I reinstall Windows 10 if I have it installed now? For instance, I want to reinstall it to do a Clean Up of my computer, or I am upgrading/migrating to another system (hardware) etc. 57651
  6. Hardware change after 29th July

Hardware change after 29th July: Hi all I wonder what will happen if a major component like a motherboard is changed after 29th July, will Microsoft accept it or will we have to buy a key. Many people have got away with hardware changes on OEM licenses in the past with earlier versions of Windows. 57641
  7. July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?

July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?: Hello everyone, Sorry if this question is stupid. But if I upgrade today will it still be free? According to some websites the price goes up on the 30th, but microsoft itself seems to state very strongly that the price goes up on the 29th. If I update now will I have to...
  8. Windows 10 Install after the 29th July

Windows 10 Install after the 29th July: Hi, As long as you follow the steps on the enclosed link will to get the ticket will this work for a free upgrade after the 29th July ? Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums Thanks, 54270
  9. Taking full control of Win 10 upgrades on 29th July ... ?

Taking full control of Win 10 upgrades on 29th July ... ?: Hello I have used the tray app to register for Win 10 upgrade on a number of PCs / laptops (Win 7 & Win 8). However I am now a bit concerned that come "D-Day", the app will automatically download the installation files (or at least a significant amount of them) on 29th...
  10. Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends: Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends When Windows 10 was released to consumers in July of 2015, it was free for all Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users — for one year. This was a new tactic for Microsoft. Instead of having consumers pay for...