Windows 10: who's in charge of graphics

Discus and support who's in charge of graphics in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; i recently purchased a new Toshiba laptop and am curious as to who's chip is in charge Intel or Nvidia i have updated the physic's and such from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dmesal, Apr 20, 2016.

1. dmesal Win User

who's in charge of graphics

i recently purchased a new Toshiba laptop and am curious as to who's chip is in charge Intel or Nvidia

i have updated the physic's and such from Nvidea and also the Intel stuff as updates are avail

below are the spec's

Satellite S55-C5360
    System Type Notebook
    Processor / Type Core i7
    Processor / Manufacturer Intel
    Processor / Clock Speed 2.50 GHz
    Processor / Number 6500U
    Hard Drive / Capacity 1.00 TB
    Webcam HD webcam
    Input Device Type Keyboard; Touchpad
    Header / Model Satellite S55-C5360
    Processor / Type Core i7
    Processor / Manufacturer Intel
    Processor / Clock Speed 2.50 GHz
    Processor / Number 6500U
    Cache Memory Type L3 Cache
    Cache Memory Installed Size 4 MB
    Display Diagonal Size 15.6 Inch
    LCD Backlight Technology LED Backlight
    Display Technology TFT Active Matrix
    Max Resolution 1920 x 1080
    RAM / Total Installed Size 8.00 GB
    RAM / Technology DDR3L SDRAM
    Storage Controller Type Serial ATA
    Hard Drive / Capacity 1.00 TB
    Hard Drive / Spindle Speed 5400 RPM
    Graphics Controller NVIDIA GeForce 930M
    Video Memory / Installed Size 2 GB
    Data Link Protocol Bluetooth; IEEE 802.11 ac; Gigabit Ethernet
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Battery Technology Lithium-ion
    Battery Capacity 45 WHr
    Cell Count 4-cell
    Power / Device Type AC Adapters
    Power / Provided (W) 65 Watt
    Service & Support Type 1 year standard limited warranty
    Width 14.96 Inch
    Depth 10.20 Inch
    Height 0.89 Inch
    Weight 4.85 lbs.
    Expansion Slots Total (Free) Memory Card Reader
    Interfaces HDMI with 4K Ultra HD output capability,Headphone/microphone(combination port),3 USB 3.0 (1 with USB Sleep and Charge),RJ-45 LAN port
    Audio Output Built-in harman/kardon stereo speakers. DTS Sound
    COO China
    EPEAT Level Gold
    Energy Star Compliant Yes

all info is greatly appreciated

:)

dmesal, Apr 20, 2016
  2. fluca01 Win User

N97 Battery indication

I have the exact same problem. The interesting thing I've noticed is that, if I let it charge for about three hours, it'll stop charging (the battery charge graphics won't display anymore) and it'll stop at two bars. THEN, if I unplug it and re-plug it,
    the phone continues charging (the graphics appear again) and it'll continue like that until it shows 7 full bars.

So, if this is true and by only disconecting it for a short bit the phone continues charging till full capacity, I'm inclined to think that there is something wrong with the sensor that prevents the battery from keep getting charged after it's full (since
    this would damage it).

fluca01, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    a mass request ( Things need to be added, improved, modifying or even be developed in any update or upcoming version of Windows Phone )

Then, you did everything Microsoft offers. Here in the Microsoft Mobile Community, features requests drown in the Internet swarm. Or stated differently: Here, feature requests get lost because they are not read by the guys who are in charge of change.

By the way: Miracast is available since Lumia Cyan. If your phone model does not offer it, you have to go for a Windows Phone with a newer graphic card, like the Nokia Lumia 735.

Abi99 (2), Apr 20, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Normally the Intel chip would be used for typical usage while the NVidia would be used for more demanding needs, such as gaming. This means lower power consumption and lower heat. This is managed by the system.

LMiller7, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

1. who's in charge of graphics - Similar Threads - who's charge graphics

2. please let me know who made this debit charge and what it was for:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please let me know who made this debit charge and what it was for:: Statement Description: Withdrawal Debit Card/MICROSOFT*STORE REDMOND WADate 02/25/24 4 60O16SUUQI T 5818Card 5747Merchant Category Code: 5818 Date: 2/26/2024 Type: DebitThanks,David *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. please let me know who made this debit charge and what it was for:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    please let me know who made this debit charge and what it was for:: Statement Description: Withdrawal Debit Card/MICROSOFT*STORE REDMOND WADate 02/25/24 4 60O16SUUQI T 5818Card 5747Merchant Category Code: 5818 Date: 2/26/2024 Type: DebitThanks,David *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Who are these?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who are these?: Hello! im wonder who are the users in groups/user names i do not know if this is malwareScreenshot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-are-these/c766c7de-66c4-4b52-8742-0c3d7ccce1aa
  5. Who are these?

Who are these?: Hello! im wonder who are the users in groups/user names i do not know if this is malwareScreenshot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/who-are-these/c766c7de-66c4-4b52-8742-0c3d7ccce1aa
  6. graphic card appear only when its charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    graphic card appear only when its charging: hi i have a tuf dash f15 with rtx 3060 and i figured out something when i connect it to charge it appear and when i disconnect it it desappeari try to install update and ddu but didn't work...
  7. graphic card appear only when its charging

graphic card appear only when its charging: hi i have a tuf dash f15 with rtx 3060 and i figured out something when i connect it to charge it appear and when i disconnect it it desappeari try to install update and ddu but didn't work...
  8. Who, exactly. is this extremely ugly and space consuming graphic for?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Who, exactly. is this extremely ugly and space consuming graphic for?: Themes are available under Personalization. They have been for the three years Windows 10 has been on our computers. Why then does this thing hang out on our Windows Settings page? It just links the user to the page under Personalization that lets you choose a theme....
  9. Who can identify this graphics card by looking at it's chip?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Who can identify this graphics card by looking at it's chip?: Im just curious to know which graphics card this is View attachment 9023
  10. "Black Graphics" The Joker who got away... (Everythin's painted black)

in Windows 10 Support
    "Black Graphics" The Joker who got away... (Everythin's painted black): Alright I'm currently helping out a client who bought a computer with windows 10 inside it, but the little runt who sold it too him, somehow changed the entire graphics, (background and text,) to black on black imagery. I know this isn't something like screen sharing, as I...