Windows 10: Why am i being asked which copy of Windows 10 I want to log onto?

Discus and support Why am i being asked which copy of Windows 10 I want to log onto? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had two internal HDD's in my windows box however I removed one of them. The boot screen that appears when i turn my PC on is still giving me a choice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bcloonan, Sep 3, 2018.

1. bcloonan Win User

Why am i being asked which copy of Windows 10 I want to log onto?

I had two internal HDD's in my windows box however I removed one of them. The boot screen that appears when i turn my PC on is still giving me a choice of which Windows 10 copy that I want to log on to. What I am guessing is that the boot sequencing still thinks that i have the other drive installed. How can I change this boot problem. My System specs are as follows:
    Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1803 (build 17134.228)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (United States)
    Installed: 7/28/2018 10:31:03 AM
    Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB)
    Boot Mode: BIOS (Secure Boot not supported)
    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA785GM-US2H
    Enclosure Type: Desktop
    2.40 gigahertz AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core
    256 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (4 total)
    Not hyper-threaded
    Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA785GM-US2H
    Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F11 05/17/2010
    519.82 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    389.69 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

ATAPI iHES208 2 ATA Device [Optical drive]
    SONY DVD RW DRU-V200A ATA Device [Optical drive]
    3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCAV5J478071, rev 80.00A80, SMART Status: Healthy
    8190 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 2048 MB
    Slot 'A1' has 2048 MB
    Slot 'A2' has 2048 MB
    Slot 'A3' has 2048 MB c: (NTFS on drive 0) 519.82 GB 389.69 GB free
    I am thinking that i need to go into command prompt and repair the boot mgr. Not sure how to get there from here. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

:)

bcloonan, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Why am i being asked which copy of Windows 10 I want to log onto? - Similar Threads - Why being asked

2. Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?: Network connections used to work smoothly but after I was forced to do a factory reset I am now asked for network credentials in order to see shares from other Windows 11 computers on my local private network. How do I fix this?...
  3. Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being asked for network credentials when there are none?: Network connections used to work smoothly but after I was forced to do a factory reset I am now asked for network credentials in order to see shares from other Windows 11 computers on my local private network. How do I fix this?...
  4. Why am I being punished?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being punished?: Why am I getting punished for cussing someone out who was griefing and cheating but other people can call me a retarded monkey, spam me by calling me a ****, also flirt and harass me and I’ve reported some of them, but none of them gotten punished? Also I’ve had a problems...
  5. Why am I being punished?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being punished?: Why am I getting punished for cussing someone out who was griefing and cheating but other people can call me a retarded monkey, spam me by calling me a ****, also flirt and harass me and I’ve reported some of them, but none of them gotten punished? Also I’ve had a problems...
  6. Why I am being asked to uninstall virtualbox LD Player that is not installed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why I am being asked to uninstall virtualbox LD Player that is not installed?: While trying to install a Windows 10 update, I am being asked to manually uninstall virtualbox LD Player because it is not compatible with Windows 10.This app is not installed on my device.Thank you,Osama...
  7. Why am I being asked to "Enter Network Credentials"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I being asked to "Enter Network Credentials"?: I have an older Windows Home Network v1 computer that I use a lot for network storage. Lately, when I want to access a share on that machine, I get the pop up window that asks me to "Enter Network Credentials." I enter them, and it's fine. But why do I have to do this at all?...
  8. Why am i being deleted?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why am i being deleted?: Why are moderators deleting what i say? I am just trying to get an opinion of the advisors of what they think of me. Let me guess, this is deleted as well as i will get mail if it does. I am just trying to be nice...
  9. Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why am I being asked for permission to use Windows Shell Experience?: I am the only user of my laptop (I am an administrator and an adult) and I am being told I need to ask an adult in my family for permission to use Windows Shell Experience .......... WHY!?...
  10. Why am I not being asked for a password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why am I not being asked for a password?: uSW10Pro V1803 In the dialog "User Accounts" (via netplwiz.exe), the cbox "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." is checked. The box has a single admin user, me. If I logout (even shutdown) and later attempt access, I am not required to use a...