Windows 10: Why am I being locked out of Windows and Outlook email accounts, 2FA is on.

Discus and support Why am I being locked out of Windows and Outlook email accounts, 2FA is on. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Anybody know what I need to do, 2FA is on for both windows store and Outlook accounts but now trying to sign in I am sent a message to the MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Damien Firefly, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Why am I being locked out of Windows and Outlook email accounts, 2FA is on.

Anybody know what I need to do, 2FA is on for both windows store and Outlook accounts but now trying to sign in I am sent a message to the MS authenticate app which I dont have installed on my phone and never needed as Google authenticate had all these accounts. Even if I Accept and enter the correct number on the popup on the phone it spins for a while and replies back with unable to connect to server please try again later all accounts and later has been a few hours. Thankfully for some of my emails it is still working on the phone in Outlook mobile but how do I go about recovering any of t

:)

Damien Firefly, Jun 12, 2024
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Why am I being locked out of Windows and Outlook email accounts, 2FA is on. [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Grandparents Account Locked 2FA set to Landline

Good morning,

My grandparents have locked the Microsoft account and are unable to receive the 2FA code. Apparently they got confused when setting 2FA and entered their landline which can't receive text messages. I'm not seeing any other option to send the code to their email for verification.

Account recovery seems to be denied because 2FA was enabled. What next steps can we take?

Bibliotender, Jun 12, 2024
  4. cereberus Win User

Why am I being locked out of Windows and Outlook email accounts, 2FA is on.

Outlook with 2FA?

It all depends on the account - for my company email, I have no option but to use 2FA. The OP's query was what would happen if phone is lost, and as I pointed out there is a backup option. I do not use 2FA on my personal outlook email, and a decent password is adequate.

cereberus, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

Why am I being locked out of Windows and Outlook email accounts, 2FA is on.

1. Why am I being locked out of Windows and Outlook email accounts, 2FA is on. - Similar Threads - Why being locked

2. Why am I being locked out of Windows and Outlook email accounts, 2FA is on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being locked out of Windows and Outlook email accounts, 2FA is on.: Anybody know what I need to do, 2FA is on for both windows store and Outlook accounts but now trying to sign in I am sent a message to the MS authenticate app which I dont have installed on my phone and never needed as Google authenticate had all these accounts. Even if I...
  3. Why am I being locked out?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why am I being locked out?: I have windows 10 and am being locked out because they say I need to renew my subscription. Windows 10 doesn't need renewing so what is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-being-locked-out/b593cadb-db75-4dab-a9b2-2922b53a96b5
  4. Why am I being locked out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being locked out?: I have windows 10 and am being locked out because they say I need to renew my subscription. Windows 10 doesn't need renewing so what is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-being-locked-out/b593cadb-db75-4dab-a9b2-2922b53a96b5
  5. Why am I being locked out?

6. The emails I am sending by Outlook are not being received

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The emails I am sending by Outlook are not being received: My email messages that I send on Outlook are not being received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-emails-i-am-sending-by-outlook-are-not-being/66906afa-1c18-4b98-af59-2207c535b5b2
  7. The emails I am sending by Outlook are not being received

The emails I am sending by Outlook are not being received: My email messages that I send on Outlook are not being received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-emails-i-am-sending-by-outlook-are-not-being/66906afa-1c18-4b98-af59-2207c535b5b2
  8. The emails I am sending by Outlook are not being received

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Locked out of Outlook Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of Outlook Account: For some reason I was locked out of my outlook account?!! I do not use this account often and mainly for friends only. [img] Now trying to get the unlock code via phone number, which is the only option given is a bad jock as we all know, looking at Microsoft community...
  10. Locked out of Outlook Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked out of Outlook Account: For some reason I was locked out of my outlook account?!! I do not use this account often and mainly for friends only. [img] Now trying to get the unlock code via phone number, which is the only option given is a bad jock as we all know, looking at Microsoft community...