Windows 10: Why am I getting the USB insertion sound without inserting anything?

Discus and support Why am I getting the USB insertion sound without inserting anything? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why do my PC makes sound ( the sound on Windows 10 we get when an USB device is inserted ) even when no device is inserted ? Is this because of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smr1994, Aug 5, 2016.

1. smr1994 Win User

Why am I getting the USB insertion sound without inserting anything?

Why do my PC makes sound ( the sound on Windows 10 we get when an USB device is inserted ) even when no device is inserted ?

Is this because of any malware ? I have done virus scans today but found none.

:)

smr1994, Aug 5, 2016

2. Is anyone having problems loading pictures from an SD card after upgrading to windows 10?

I am not getting an error message,

my pc does recognize the card by showing a small icon in the task bar downloading the driver

no sound appears when I insert the card

I am just inserting the memory card from my camera to the slot in my laptop

VickiTomlinson, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 5, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Most of times it happens when any USB device including controller goes to "sleep" because of power saving mode and than wakes up upon some activity.
    Other reasons may include bad contacts or lack of power supplied to USB device. All of that under condition that some USB device is not malfunctioning, like KB or mouse cables etc.

CountMike, Aug 6, 2016
  5. vags Win User
    You can try also to clean your USB ports. Disconnect one by one to see which has the problem and try to clean it.

vags, Aug 6, 2016
  6. simpk5 Win User
    If you have device manager open, what do you see if anything when you hear the sounds?

simpk5, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why am I getting the USB insertion sound without inserting anything? - Similar Threads - Why getting USB

2. Why I am getting 'information on clipboard cannot be inserted into paint' error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I am getting 'information on clipboard cannot be inserted into paint' error?: When I click print screen button and try to paste in MS Paint in Windows 11, I am getting error 'information on clipboard cannot be inserted into paint'...
  3. Why I am getting 'information on clipboard cannot be inserted into paint' error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I am getting 'information on clipboard cannot be inserted into paint' error?: When I click print screen button and try to paste in MS Paint in Windows 11, I am getting error 'information on clipboard cannot be inserted into paint'...
  4. USB is showing but can't do anything. says I must insert disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB is showing but can't do anything. says I must insert disk: I have a USB drive plugged into my computer. The computer recognizes it, but that is all. When I click on the drive letter, I get the following message: "Please insert disk into USB Drive F" As you can see, it recognizes the drive lettered F, but won't do anything else. I...
  5. No auto USB insert

No auto USB insert: When I insert my USB there is no automatic showing of any files. I have tried everything on Web and nobody has the answer. I know all about "auto play" and have tried that all to no avail. Olease any ideas ? Thanks Ron 151562
  6. No auto USB insert

in Windows 10 Support
    No auto USB insert: When I insert my USB there is no automatic showing of any files. I have tried everything on Web and nobody has the answer. I know all about "auto play" and have tried that all to no avail. Olease any ideas ? Thanks Ron 151562
  7. No sound when I insert USB. Windows 10

No sound when I insert USB. Windows 10: There is no sound when I INSERT my USB. I can read everything on it and play any songs. The ONLY problem is no sound when inserting my USB. I have tried different USB but all the same. I have checked Device Mgr and they all say Device Working Properly. I am at a loss. Please...
  8. Insert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Insert: I would like to insert lines in Wordpad. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insert/e7fe7014-834d-4647-94e0-f61af4fe751a"
  9. insert/eject USB and many notification sounds

insert/eject USB and many notification sounds: I've been receiving multiples of the above mentioned sounds for a while now, without any attempt from me adding new hardware, inserting/ejecting a USB. It mainly happens within an application (play diablo, wow, surfing the web, etc.) it's happened around 6 times just writing...
  10. USB insert sound not working.

USB insert sound not working.: Okay so I don't know what happened but today I had noticed that when I put in a USB driver it will be recognized but no sound will play when I do. I tried going into system sound events to see if I could fix it but it wouldn't work. Then I tried restarting and shutting down...