Windows 10: Why am I getting this error message while opening a drive in my computer?

Discus and support Why am I getting this error message while opening a drive in my computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I got a notification to restart my PC once I opened it. I did. It was showing some kind of an update during the reboot process and after booting, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arjun Dinesh, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Why am I getting this error message while opening a drive in my computer?

Hi,I got a notification to restart my PC once I opened it. I did. It was showing some kind of an update during the reboot process and after booting, it started showing the popup in the screenshot below:The popup keeps on showing whenever I open the drive, no matter how many times I've clicked on the Yes button. I've done all the system updates that came for my PC so far. What has gone wrong and how can I fix it? Can anyone help me please?Thanks and Regards,Arjun

:)

Arjun Dinesh, Feb 27, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Feb 27, 2024
  3. n2bn2b Win User
    Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Feb 27, 2024
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Why am I getting this error message while opening a drive in my computer?

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Why am I getting this error message while opening a drive in my computer?

1. Why am I getting this error message while opening a drive in my computer? - Similar Threads - Why getting error

2. Why am I getting this error message while opening a drive in my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting this error message while opening a drive in my computer?: Hi,I got a notification to restart my PC once I opened it. I did. It was showing some kind of an update during the reboot process and after booting, it started showing the popup in the screenshot below:The popup keeps on showing whenever I open the drive, no matter how many...
  3. I am getting this error message while trying to update my windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting this error message while trying to update my windows 7...: I have tried many times to update my software and with different methods but nothing works. how am i suppose to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-this-error-message-while-trying-to/9133a11f-59b4-4601-83a7-cc23a77c2fc2
  4. I am getting this error message while trying to update my windows 7...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting this error message while trying to update my windows 7...: I have tried many times to update my software and with different methods but nothing works. how am i suppose to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-this-error-message-while-trying-to/9133a11f-59b4-4601-83a7-cc23a77c2fc2
  5. Why am I getting an error message on startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why am I getting an error message on startup?: When I start up the PC an error message comes up i.e. "Disc I-O replace disc and press any key". There is not a disc in the drive and when any key is pressed it continues to start up and operate as normal . This PC is a refurb. Lenovo Think Center M900 SFF i7 with Windows 10....
  6. Why am I getting an error message on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting an error message on startup?: When I start up the PC an error message comes up i.e. "Disc I-O replace disc and press any key". There is not a disc in the drive and when any key is pressed it continues to start up and operate as normal . This PC is a refurb. Lenovo Think Center M900 SFF i7 with Windows 10....
  7. Why am I getting an error message on startup?

8. Why i am getting this error message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why i am getting this error message?: The main problem is it can't synchronize, I tried uninstall onedrive but not change. It gives error problem when I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-am-getting-this-error-message/87cc18d0-4e76-4f48-974b-f706b4629d92
  9. Why i am getting this error message?

Why i am getting this error message?: The main problem is it can't synchronize, I tried uninstall onedrive but not change. It gives error problem when I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-am-getting-this-error-message/87cc18d0-4e76-4f48-974b-f706b4629d92
  10. while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    while downloading i get the message i am not the administrator.: purchased home office365 several days ago. simply cant download ai tried almost anything i could think about. i am desperate now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-downloading-i-get-the-message-i-am-not-the/79554904-72b7-4a53-8740-b93f16ee5853