Windows 10: Why am I getting two of the same folders when I open File Explorer?

Discus and support Why am I getting two of the same folders when I open File Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why am I getting two of the same folders when I open File Explorer? I have an attachment of print screen on what it looks like. I hope I sent the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by billybobsquires, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Why am I getting two of the same folders when I open File Explorer?

Why am I getting two of the same folders when I open File Explorer?
    I have an attachment of print screen on what it looks like.
    I hope I sent the attachment correctly.

:)

billybobsquires, Sep 27, 2016

2. I am getting the same message on two different phones.

Both are in in the marketplace and saying "Cannot get information. Please try again later." One has been able to download before today and the other has never been able to.

HeatherWoolever, Sep 27, 2016
  3. Mehdi Y Win User
    I am getting the same message on two different phones.

Hello HeatherWoolever,

Thank you for posting,

In order to solve your issue please follow this steps :

-Make sure you have already associated well your Windows live id.

-Check if the cookies are authorized by doing those steps :

On Start, flick left to the App list.

Click Settings, then flick left to the Applications screen.

Click Internet Explorer. You’ll see a check box next to text that reads: “Allow cookies on my phone.”
    Make sure it’s checked.

Try to Download now from the marketplace if it still didn't work, power off the phone and remove the battery for 5 secondes then put it back and power ton the phone and try to downlod again.

Hope this will help you to solve your issue.

Best regards.

Mehdi Y, Sep 27, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

If you want to post pics , use the Windows Snipping Tool in Accessories and just paste the pic into the reply window , you don't even need to save it. (Opening stranger's files on One's PC is a security hazard eg from Word Macros)

If you are talking about a USB drive showing twice that is normal Win 10 , but it can be stopped with a Tutorial in the Tutorial Section on how to remove Drives from the Explorer Pane but needs reapplying after Each major Win10 Update , so get the .reg file and just use it each time.

Drives in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

KB

Kbird, Sep 27, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    +1 The Tutorial works great for me.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why am I getting two of the same folders when I open File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Why getting same

2. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?: I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-double-drives-ee-same-folders-in/6a1a17be-092a-4ab4-8237-8c50fb604d9b
  3. I am getting doubles of the same files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting doubles of the same files.: Hello,I was deleting some files, only to find out that they are back in. These files that I wanted to delete are in a folder that I blocked OneDrive from. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. I am getting doubles of the same files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting doubles of the same files.: Hello,I was deleting some files, only to find out that they are back in. These files that I wanted to delete are in a folder that I blocked OneDrive from. How do I stop this from happening?...
  5. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?: I'm trying to open a few file explorers on the same windows and have them separated by tabs, so instead of showing 4 differents windows when I hover over the icon at the bottom, it will show only one, when I click and open it, it will show me the most recent one and 4...
  6. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?: I'm trying to open a few file explorers on the same windows and have them separated by tabs, so instead of showing 4 differents windows when I hover over the icon at the bottom, it will show only one, when I click and open it, it will show me the most recent one and 4...
  7. Is it possible to open two file explorers on the same window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer keeps crashing when I open folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer keeps crashing when I open folders: So I am making a mcpe texture pack and when I clicked oh a folder. The explorer window turned white. So I terminated explorer and reopen it to continue with what i was doing. But its starting to get annoying so I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. submitted by...
  9. File explorer not responding when I open a specific folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer not responding when I open a specific folder: Hi, My file explore kept crashing when I try to open the download folder. No access issue with other folders, so I'm not sure what is going on. Thanks for the help....
  10. Two entries for same file in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Two entries for same file in Explorer: Why are there two entries for my X: drive in Explorer? Tank you. [img] 157485