Windows 10: Why am I having trouble importing this registry file I made?

Discus and support Why am I having trouble importing this registry file I made? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi fellow members, I find myself turning to you for an issue that baffles me. For some reason, I cannot import this registry script I made. Syntax... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by agrocker, Mar 1, 2016.

1. agrocker Win User

Why am I having trouble importing this registry file I made?

Hi fellow members, I find myself turning to you for an issue that baffles me. For some reason, I cannot import this registry script I made. Syntax seems to be correct. I'm thinking it's most likely an invalid key somewhere. Can someone take a look at the attachment and advise me as to what is causing this error: "The specified file is not a registry script." Thanks!

:)

agrocker, Mar 1, 2016
  2. Arod72 Win User

Why am I having trouble downloading media content to my HTC Titan II?

I received a text message with media content then clicked on get media content and nothing happened.

Arod72, Mar 1, 2016
  3. Why am I having trouble downloading media content to my HTC Titan II?

Hi Arod72,

Several things to check ... first, check with your cellular provider and insure that MMS is still enabled for your account. Once time I had a provider turn mine off by mistake (meant to turn off a different account).

Next, insure you have cellular data. If you receive a message when cellular data is either turned off or you have no signal, then you will not receive content. MMS only works over cellular data and will not work over WiFi.

Check your APN settings with your service provider to insure nothing has changed and you have the correct APN settings for MMS.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Mar 1, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

because it is not a .reg file..
    And not in the proper .reg format...

Kyhi, Mar 1, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    Welcome to the forum.

It appears that the file was opened in Wordpad (or similar program) and saved in rich text format. Opening the file in Wordpad and saving as plain text should fix it.

LMiller7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why am I having trouble importing this registry file I made? - Similar Threads - Why having trouble

2. i am having trouble in sound in computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am having trouble in sound in computer: no sound in computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-in-sound-in-computer/d4784fc6-1994-4fe5-83dd-30bb2fa43254
  3. Why am I having trouble accessing my D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I having trouble accessing my D drive?: My D Drive is on a flash drive in a USB port. For the past week, I've been intermittently getting this error when I try to access it:D:\ is not accessible Data error cyclic redundency checkI've been accessing the Drive without an issue for years. Any resolution suggestions/...
  4. Why am I having trouble accessing my D drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I having trouble accessing my D drive?: My D Drive is on a flash drive in a USB port. For the past week, I've been intermittently getting this error when I try to access it:D:\ is not accessible Data error cyclic redundency checkI've been accessing the Drive without an issue for years. Any resolution suggestions/...
  5. Why am I having trouble accessing my D drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.: In 2017 I noticced that my photo file names had a timestamp in them, which meant that Lightroom could not find them. I asked on this forum and got help from Naresh K. He gave me a powershell string to use and it worked well. I found more files to change, but now I get an...
  7. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.: In 2017 I noticced that my photo file names had a timestamp in them, which meant that Lightroom could not find them. I asked on this forum and got help from Naresh K. He gave me a powershell string to use and it worked well. I found more files to change, but now I get an...
  8. I am having trouble with PowerShell as I try to correct file names.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Why am I having trouble connecting to the Internet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I having trouble connecting to the Internet?: I have Windows 10 Home. I have been having sporadic problems with Internet connection for over a week. Today again, I am able to get online if I wait long enough but it takes forever and normally my computer is very fast. When I tried to run the Network Adapter...
  10. Registry key refuses to import. What am i missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry key refuses to import. What am i missing?: So i transferred my displayfusion registry settings from my main PC to my backup PC. at first glance, they all seem to import. Bindings are there, settings are there, license is there. However one of the folders with some high priority settings imports, but has no keys in...