Windows 10: Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11?

Discus and support Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to interface a serial peripheral to a Windows 11 laptop.I'm using a CH340 chipset USB to Serial cable. When I plug the cable into a USB port,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Another sucker, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11?

I need to interface a serial peripheral to a Windows 11 laptop.I'm using a CH340 chipset USB to Serial cable. When I plug the cable into a USB port, the Ports COM & LPT section is automatically added to device manager, and within it lists USB-Serial CH340COMx, x being assigned automatically by the system or manually by me. When the cable is not plugged in, this entry disappears from Device Manager.All good, virtual COM port is created and it recognizes the cable. Drivers are Windows drivers, and are loaded automatically. When I click on the port in Device Manager, I am told the device

:)

Another sucker, Feb 25, 2024

2. Windows 11 Virtual USB Printer Port

Upgraded to windows 11. I need to reinstall a virtual usb printer port but it does not seem to be available. Any help would be appreciated.

JohnDoyle3, Feb 25, 2024
  3. D_R_C Win User
    Windows 10, HP Desktop: No USB001 Virtual port in drop-down list of printer ports

Windows 10, HP Desktop: No USB001 Virtual port in drop-down list of printer ports

After upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro, Brother MFC 8500 stopped working.

Printer works with Surface Pro 3 that has USB ports listed in printer port drop down menu.

Tried everything I've read so far on the interwebz.

It appears to be specific to my machine.

What to do?

D_R_C, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Leon_326 Win User

Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11?

Windows 11 - Real COM Port doesn't work but connected to virtual port it works

Hello!

I'm trying to use a CH340 RS232 to USB cable to communicate with another device through my laptops COM port. After connecting the device to my laptop it also shows up in the device manager but it seems that I'm unable to open the COM port for communication (I'm using LabVIEW but also tried using PuTTY).

The weird thing is that it works when I connect my real COM port to a virtual one with Virtual Serial Port Driver and then select the virtual port in LabVIEW.

Anybody had this problem or know what I could try?

Leon_326, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11?

1. Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Why are virtual

2. Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11?: I need to interface a serial peripheral to a Windows 11 laptop.I'm using a CH340 chipset USB to Serial cable. When I plug the cable into a USB port, the Ports COM & LPT section is automatically added to device manager, and within it lists USB-Serial CH340COMx, x being...
  3. Windows 11 - Real COM Port doesn't work but connected to virtual port it works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Real COM Port doesn't work but connected to virtual port it works: Hello! I'm trying to use a CH340 RS232 to USB cable to communicate with another device through my laptops COM port. After connecting the device to my laptop it also shows up in the device manager but it seems that I'm unable to open the COM port for communication I'm using...
  4. Windows 11 - Real COM Port doesn't work but connected to virtual port it works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Real COM Port doesn't work but connected to virtual port it works: Hello! I'm trying to use a CH340 RS232 to USB cable to communicate with another device through my laptops COM port. After connecting the device to my laptop it also shows up in the device manager but it seems that I'm unable to open the COM port for communication I'm using...
  5. Windows 11: STMicroelectronics Virtual Com Port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: STMicroelectronics Virtual Com Port not working: Dear community,I am trying to update a heat pump controller, for which I need to use this Virtual Com Port driver - and it is not willing to start error code 10. This seems not be a fairly common problem, but unfortunately I could not find a solution...My Hardware is a Lenovo...
  6. Windows 11: STMicroelectronics Virtual Com Port not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: STMicroelectronics Virtual Com Port not working: Dear community,I am trying to update a heat pump controller, for which I need to use this Virtual Com Port driver - and it is not willing to start error code 10. This seems not be a fairly common problem, but unfortunately I could not find a solution...My Hardware is a Lenovo...
  7. Virtual COM Port problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual COM Port problem: I recently bought a laser etching device that uses STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port driver. I downloaded and installed the driver, and I was able to get the driver to appear under Ports in the Device Manager. When I check the properties, I get "This device cannot start....
  8. Bluetooth virtual COM port

Bluetooth virtual COM port: Hello everyone I'm having trouble to open connection with a bluetooth device with a virtual com port SPP. I'm able to pair it Through bluetooth settings>advanced settings > Com port > add and everything goes fine. But when I want to open the connection with a software Here...
  9. Virtual COM ports

Virtual COM ports: I am using Windows 10 and cannot find the COM and LPT settings I need to assign virtual COM ports. ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-com-ports/b0ef4b1f-c1ca-46aa-89a6-aa052ab3a0ca
  10. Virtual COM port

Virtual COM port: Looking for software to create a virtual COM port in a 2018 Microsoft Surface (LTE/4g model) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/virtual-com-port/e2876692-3b02-49a7-a38e-3ffbfd70d472