Windows 10: Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up?

Discus and support Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Pro. My system is running perfectly. There are zero "Event viewer" errors on every restart. I have never had a BSOD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sayjimwoo, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Sayjimwoo Win User

Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up?

I am running Windows 10 Pro. My system is running perfectly. There are zero "Event viewer" errors on every restart.
    I have never had a BSOD and everything works perfectly.........but, on every other restart I am seeing "System error memory dump files" in the Disk Clean-up utility. The size varies. Currently it is 9.70mb but may change slightly if I reboot.
    Whenever I clean it, it returns. There are no dump files in my Windows folder. I really don't understand why I am seeing it.
    I have searched the internet for hours but all threads turn to BSOD issues. I have never had a BSOD, nor can I find this mysterious 9.70mb dump file. Can anyone shed any light onto what is happening?
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Sayjimwoo, Oct 24, 2016

2. Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up?

I am running Windows 10 Pro. My system is running perfectly. There are zero "Event viewer" errors on every restart.

I have never had a BSOD and everything works perfectly.........but, on every other restart I am seeing "System error memory dump files" in the Disk Clean-up utility. The size varies. Currently it is 9.70mb but may change slightly if I reboot.

Whenever I clean it, it returns. There is no dump files in my Windows folder. I really don't understand why I am seeing it.

I have searched the internet for hours but all threads turn to BSOD issues. I have never had a BSOD, nor can I find this mysterious 9.70mb dump file. Can anyone shed any light onto what is happening?

Thanks in advance.

ChristopherButterfield, Oct 24, 2016
  3. Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up?

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred.Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.The system creates
    a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the
    report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do not provide filtered files.
    Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 24, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

It's actually heath report, doesn't necessarily contain actual errors.

CountMike, Oct 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up? - Similar Threads - Why are System

2. Memory Dump File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Dump File: My laptop blue screens about once every week and it is always a really quick blue screen flash and then restart so I don't have a chance to read the error message. I can never find my dumpfile after the crash. I have reinstalled windows on my computer and set it to automatic...
  3. Memory Dump File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Dump File: My laptop blue screens about once every week and it is always a really quick blue screen flash and then restart so I don't have a chance to read the error message. I can never find my dumpfile after the crash. I have reinstalled windows on my computer and set it to automatic...
  4. Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?: When I run Disk Cleanup the Temporary files are not deleted.I tried "Clean System Files as well and then rebooted.Every time the 4.2 gig listed for Temporary files is still there.WV-Mike...
  5. Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does disk clean-up will not delete temporary files?: When I run Disk Cleanup the Temporary files are not deleted.I tried "Clean System Files as well and then rebooted.Every time the 4.2 gig listed for Temporary files is still there.WV-Mike...
  6. Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean up system files in Disk Cleanup not opening: My Windows 10 get recently updated with latest feature update. After this update, I can opendisk cleanup but if I click on Clean up system files then nothing happens. I have waited for a while say 10 minutes, but still nothing pops up....
  7. Is it safe to delete System Minidump files or System memory dump files in Disk Cleanup in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it safe to delete System Minidump files or System memory dump files in Disk Cleanup in...: I'm using Disk Cleanup every month to get my Windows 10 laptop running at it's best. I had an error screen 2 days ago and these files popped up on Disk Cleanup. I heard that it's safe to delete everything that's displayed on Disk Cleanup but except the Downloads folder but is...
  8. Clean up system files not available in "Disk Cleanup"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean up system files not available in "Disk Cleanup"?: Hi, I am working with a Lenovo notebook with only a 30GB harddrive for the OS and I've done a Repair reinstall. Only there are now only 2.22GB free of the 30GBs and I need to install a copy of Microsoft Office. I've done this on other notebook laptops and was able to get...
  9. Weekly system error memory dump files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weekly system error memory dump files: Every week (or so) I get a system error memory dump file around 800 mb in size. If I notice a drop in disk space for no reason I do a disk cleanup and it is there. No BSODs, no lock ups, no system lagging, in other words the computer runs perfectly. Is something going on...
  10. Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disc Clean-up doesn't delete System error memory dump files: Recently I've noticed that there's a lot less of free space on my C drive so I've decided to run a regular Disc Clean-up. When I ran it as an administrator I've noticed that "System error memory dump files" takes up around 32GBs which shocked me. Since these files don't mean...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to clean up system dump on mobile phone

2. disk cleanup is it okay to delete system error memory dump files yahoo