Windows 10: Why are these P and U file attributes suddenly appearing?

Discus and support Why are these P and U file attributes suddenly appearing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All I remember for a long time of using Windows was the usual file attributes of A, R, H, S and others that would appear, but I had apps ready to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Foebane72, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Foebane72 Win User

Why are these P and U file attributes suddenly appearing?

All I remember for a long time of using Windows was the usual file attributes of A, R, H, S and others that would appear, but I had apps ready to control those, as I don't like irregularities in my file organisation.

And then, when I download a zip archive for an app 48 hours ago, I get reports of strange attribute information in my unzipping tool, 7-Zip, and when unzipped, they manifest in Windows 10 as P and U attributes.

What are these new file attributes? From what I've learned, it's part of OneDrive sharing, and I hear they stand for Pinned and Unpinned (whatever that means), but I don't want anything to do with them, so how can I get rid of them? These attributes seem to be spreading to other files that didn't have them before - I am using an SSD by itself, is it something to do with that?

Please, Windows 10 may be a service now, but I don't want my personal files to be affected by this, especially when no apps (including Windows) can get rid of them. Can you help me?

:)

Foebane72, Jan 20, 2018
  2. jdcb Win User

windows 10 - messed up Folders locations

ok, deleted...

i know what u meant, but i still dunno how u translate attributes to dutch and so i cannot add a culumn Why are these P and U file attributes suddenly appearing? :p

what next?

JDC

EDIT can this column be added through navigation panel, top left where the spyglass is on the screen?

3. Remove songs from the ringtones menu of 5800

Arrange your files, do u know about File Management? make folders as below ..

1. Songs (to keep all your songs)

2. Videos (to keep all your video clips)

3. Ringtones (to keep all your alert tones)

In the Windows basics, u need to access to command prompt (CMD) to set attribute for the folder
    1. Songs and 2. Videos as a System attribute, Nokia 5800XM wont read system attribute folders.

To set system attribute goto memory card drive letter, eg. E ad type in ..

1. E:\attribute +s Videos (press ENTER)

Now refresh the library in the phone, the clips are gone Why are these P and U file attributes suddenly appearing? ;)

Cheers !

XploitMachine, Jan 20, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Looks like some new attributs are showing up.

Pinned and unpinned - some explanations are saying that they prevent or allow files to be purged on low free space status.

More *Arrow Superuser

AndreTen, Jan 20, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    Appears to be related to offline files. Some discussion here...
    (edit: same link as AndreTen gave earlier)

Only the last one is documented at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...=vs.85%29.aspx

...my guess is that the "Pinned" flag is used to prevent that the file is purged from local storage when running low on disk space. The "Unpinned" attribute, OTOH, seems to be used to indicate that you want to force that the file is not stored locally.I'm currently investigating how these attributes are used by the new "OneDrive Files On Demand" ... [/quote] https://superuser.com/questions/1214...v-pinn/1287315

...and here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...ell?forum=ITCG

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why are these P and U file attributes suddenly appearing? - Similar Threads - Why are file

2. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  3. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Attributes: Hello. I was wondering if I reset my laptop to its factory settings, will all my files revert back to their original attributes hidden, read only, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-attributes/eb32f7ce-d925-452f-a4a9-7cd8d2d7de28
  4. keys U I O P noot working cooorrectly

keys U I O P noot working cooorrectly: these keys wll either:1. double, trple, or quadruple.2. they will nt show uppp at all 3. they wll show normally rare! ii have a windows 11 lenovo laptop. now i will list every method i have tried n order 1. ran the windoows 10 troubleshooter on my keyboard. noo issues found...
  5. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Attributes: Even when I change the file attributes so they are not "read only", every time I shut off the computer and turn it back on, they revert to "read only". What can I do to stop this? It's so annoying....
  6. File Attributes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Attributes: Even when I change the file attributes so they are not "read only", every time I shut off the computer and turn it back on, they revert to "read only". What can I do to stop this? It's so annoying....
  7. File Attributes

8. Unable to understand WerFault.exe -u -p 32792 -s 1144

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to understand WerFault.exe -u -p 32792 -s 1144: hi team , Unable to understand the parameter. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WerFault.exe -u -p 32792 -s 1144 .Could you elaborate what is the -u -p -s in the command line . regards santosh...
  9. Why does the Replace or Skip Files suddenly appear on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does the Replace or Skip Files suddenly appear on my desktop?: Why does the Replace or Skip Files suddenly appear on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-replace-or-skip-files-suddenly-appear/f6c06edd-d275-44ea-9a58-ec763aec6b29
  10. ****A****u****d****i****o**** ****i****s**** ****C****h****o****p****p****y****...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ****A****u****d****i****o**** ****i****s**** ****C****h****o****p****p****y****...: ****Y****e****s****t****e****r****d****a****y**** ****I**** ****w****a****s**** ****j****u****s****t**** ****w****a****t****c****h****i****n****g**** ****v****i****d****e****o****s**** ****w****h****e****n**** ****s****u****d****d****e****n****l****y**** ****t****h****e****...