Windows 10: Why can I not change my line out jack on the back of my pc to anything apart from "speaker...

Discus and support Why can I not change my line out jack on the back of my pc to anything apart from "speaker... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,When using my PC I suddenly encountered a problem where I was unable to change my line out jack on the back of my pc to an actual line out and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dan3600, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Dan3600 Win User

Why can I not change my line out jack on the back of my pc to anything apart from "speaker...

Hello,When using my PC I suddenly encountered a problem where I was unable to change my line out jack on the back of my pc to an actual line out and not a speaker output as it keeps registering it as. They both seem to have different output levels and when using an external audio mixer the audio sounds like its underwater and distorted. Why am I unable to change this "line out" port to an actual line out and not a "front speaker out".I've tried updating and uninstalling Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers and unplugging and plugging cables in again but can't seem to get it to work whatever I

:)

Dan3600, Feb 27, 2024

2. Use my PC speakers with... everything else?

Assuming that you want to use you speakers for both the PC and TV. and the headphone jack is in the side of your TV.

Do this.

Headphone jack of TV <---Jack male to male--->Jack Splitter(or AB switch as Wile E suggested)--->Speakers
    PC <----------------Jack male to male---------->^^^^^^

lyndonguitar, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    how can I play line input through my pc speakers in Windows 10?

Hi Harold,

To enable the line-in input in Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for Manage audio devices.
    • Under Playback tab, select Speakers as your default audio device.
    You may also follow this thread for more information:

Play line-in through speakers

Regards.

Mel Tar, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Why can I not change my line out jack on the back of my pc to anything apart from "speaker...

Line out Audio

Hi JakeBennett_00,

I'm Rodrigo and I will help you.

Does your device have a hear output? Usually, on the back of the PC you can see 3 audio jacks, the green one is the audio output. Usually it is listed as the same device as the front jack

The NVIDIA High definition audio is the graphics card audio processor, to deliver audio via HDMI port.

However, the headphone jack is a "line out" on your PC, if it does not have any other audio output jack, you can use it as line out, but you will need to manually change the cables to switch between the headphones and speakers

Rodrigo.Queiroz, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Why can I not change my line out jack on the back of my pc to anything apart from "speaker...

1. Why can I not change my line out jack on the back of my pc to anything apart from "speaker... - Similar Threads - Why change line

2. Why can I not change my line out jack on the back of my pc to anything apart from "speaker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not change my line out jack on the back of my pc to anything apart from "speaker...: Hello,When using my PC I suddenly encountered a problem where I was unable to change my line out jack on the back of my pc to an actual line out and not a speaker output as it keeps registering it as. They both seem to have different output levels and when using an external...
  3. My "Line Out" jack/port on the back of my PC suddenly stopped working - No Audio - The port...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My "Line Out" jack/port on the back of my PC suddenly stopped working - No Audio - The port...: My Line Out speaker port has stopped playing audio through any connected device, I've tried both my speakers and my headphones. Audio is registered as playing in the sound settings menu I have visual feedback on the audio bar however no sound actually is heard. I have tried...
  4. My "Line Out" jack/port on the back of my PC suddenly stopped working - No Audio - The port...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My "Line Out" jack/port on the back of my PC suddenly stopped working - No Audio - The port...: My Line Out speaker port has stopped playing audio through any connected device, I've tried both my speakers and my headphones. Audio is registered as playing in the sound settings menu I have visual feedback on the audio bar however no sound actually is heard. I have tried...
  5. My "Line Out" jack/port on the back of my PC suddenly stopped working - No Audio - The port...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?: It is greyed out and does not give an option to reconfigure like the other jacks. I am running my system in 5.1 ch configuration. I have tried everything like reinstalling the drivers and all. Also, no forum or any community seems to have answer to this....
  7. Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?

Why the rear panel "line jack blue" is not working as Rear Speaker out anymore?: It is greyed out and does not give an option to reconfigure like the other jacks. I am running my system in 5.1 ch configuration. I have tried everything like reinstalling the drivers and all. Also, no forum or any community seems to have answer to this....
  8. Audio not working from line out and case jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio not working from line out and case jack: My audio comes through the line out jack and case jack every 15 sec for less than 1 sec. I've tried rolling back drivers, updating drivers, using different headphones, enabling audio in the BIOS. I'm looking for help and suggestions....
  9. Audio not working from line out and case jack

Audio not working from line out and case jack: My audio comes through the line out jack and case jack every 15 sec for less than 1 sec. I've tried rolling back drivers, updating drivers, using different headphones, enabling audio in the BIOS. I'm looking for help and suggestions....
  10. I can not hear anything from my speakers or headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can not hear anything from my speakers or headphones: The problem first started with a "Audio service stopped working " issue out of no where and I watched some youtube videos on this and I have managed to regain the volume option back but there is still no output from my speakers. Please help I dont know what to do submitted...