Windows 10: Why can't change the internet time sync frequency?

Discus and support Why can't change the internet time sync frequency? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to set the internet time sync frequency to every 10 minutes from the Special Poll Interval. However, it seems like a fixed frequency,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Xuanchang Liu, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Why can't change the internet time sync frequency?

Hi, I am trying to set the internet time sync frequency to every 10 minutes from the Special Poll Interval. However, it seems like a fixed frequency, no matter how much I put in the value, the frequency is every 17 mins. And I tried with the other computer, the frequency is fixed to 9 hours 6 minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Shawn

:)

Xuanchang Liu, Feb 23, 2024

2. Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Unable to sync Windows 10 time with time servers

I have a new, OEM installation of Windows 10 that is unable to contact any time servers to sync the system time. Each attempt gives me a timeout error, and pinging the time server times out as well. Here is what I've tried:

• Checked that the Windows Time service is running and set to automatic startup, and restarted it
    • Disabled my firewall
    • Tried using time.nist.gov, which is currently working according to NIST
    • These steps using w32time, which appeared to succeed but didn't update the time

The time is currently off by 7 hours, which shouldn't be far enough to break Internet syncing.

EDIT: Just tried the same steps on my other computer which boots only Windows (albeit an longer-standing installation of 10), and had the exact same issue, except when I try syncing it simply says "An error occurred when Windows was synchronizing with time.nist.gov." So I highly doubt it is dual boot-related. What is going on?

David Pitchford, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Why can't change the internet time sync frequency?

Unable to Sync Time with Internet Time: Windows 11 Home 64 Bit

As the title suggests, ive been having trouble syncing my new laptops time with the internet time, this problem existed when I initialised the system the first time, which i managed to fix once, and when I had to reinstall the OS onto a new SSD, the fresh install caused the issue to resurface again.

The first time changing the system locale and copying over the settings, along with setting the time manually allowed me to update the time.

The Second time ive tried an array of different fixes suggested on the internet with no luck, everytime i either get an error suggesting network connectivity, or when i use timedate.cpl it suggests something like operation returned because the expected period timed out:
    1) Changed system local (language settings) and copy those settings
    2) Manually try different servers using timedate.cpl and registryeditor to add more servers to the list

3) Used services.msc to change windowstime to automatic and restarted the task

4) Used cmd to stop. unregister, register, update, start and resync w32tm (no available data error)

5) Backed up and then edited the Registry Parameters

There was a suggestion to modify Group Policy, but as a Windows 11 Home system, i cant seem to access gpedit.msc

Hoping to find a fix or some suggestions. Considering reinstalling windows 11 if all else fails

Nijil Jacob, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Why can't change the internet time sync frequency?

1. Why can't change the internet time sync frequency? - Similar Threads - Why can't change

2. Why can't change the internet time sync frequency?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't change the internet time sync frequency?: Hi, I am trying to set the internet time sync frequency to every 10 minutes from the Special Poll Interval. However, it seems like a fixed frequency, no matter how much I put in the value, the frequency is every 17 mins. And I tried with the other computer, the frequency is...
  3. Why can't change the internet time sync frequency?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't change the internet time sync frequency?: Hi, I am trying to set the internet time sync frequency to every 10 minutes from the Special Poll Interval. However, it seems like a fixed frequency, no matter how much I put in the value, the frequency is every 17 mins. And I tried with the other computer, the frequency is...
  4. Internet time gives out wrong time after sync

Internet time gives out wrong time after sync: Hi, I've had a problem for a while where windows will show the wrong time and thus show the wrong time on applications like discord. The time is out by 7 hours eg It should show 22:00 but shows 15:00. If I set the time automatically it gives the wrong time so I tried to...
  5. Can't Change RAM Frequency in Bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Change RAM Frequency in Bios: Hi! I have a EX-H310M-V3 R2.0 with bios v1202 and Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4-2666. The frequency shows 2400. I want to change it to 2666 as advertised. I change the XMP to 2666 and saved it. After restart it is still 2400. What to do? Thanks! 152648
  6. Internet time sync on Windows 10

Internet time sync on Windows 10: I have been trying to sync my device time with the internet but it is not working. It was working fine until I formatted my pc in order to remove some malware my antivirus couldnt detect. I have checked everything I need to, my location, tried to sync it from control panel...
  7. Uncheck the sync with internet time option

Uncheck the sync with internet time option: Can't fine option for sync https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uncheck-the-sync-with-internet-time-option/082116c3-2903-4289-87b3-c4f79858eb5d
  8. Windows 1809 Internet time sync not wotking

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 1809 Internet time sync not wotking: After I upgraded to 1809 internet server time stopped working. When I tried, Control panel, Date and Time, Internet time, chose server pool.ntp.org or any other server from drop down menu and pressed Update Now, it always showed an error. Tried also the same on other networks...
  9. INTERNET TIME - AUTO SYNC - WINDOWS 10

INTERNET TIME - AUTO SYNC - WINDOWS 10: I am trying to change the settings in "Internet Time" to stop the clock from automatically synchronising with 'time.windows.com' but I keep getting a message which states "Unable to continue - You do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact your computer...
  10. windows time and internet time does't sync

windows time and internet time does't sync: im using dual boot, ubuntu and windows 10 with latest updated. but the hours exactly doesn't sync. for example, i booting on 10:00 am, then change to boot ubuntu then back on windows on 18:30pm the time still on 10am, but the minute gota change to 10:30pm, i trying using...