Windows 10: Why can't I access my Windows 8 personal folder from Windows 10 ?

Discus and support Why can't I access my Windows 8 personal folder from Windows 10 ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hiyas, I'm aware that I more times changed ownership of my Windows 8 profile folder (incl. subtree). Currently it's set to (Windows 8)SYSTEM. By... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anakunda, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Anakunda Win User

Why can't I access my Windows 8 personal folder from Windows 10 ?

Hiyas, I'm aware that I more times changed ownership of my Windows 8 profile folder (incl. subtree). Currently it's set to (Windows 8)SYSTEM. By looking at other account profile folders I suppose it's right and access rights should be set to profile user (full control), Administrtators group (full control) and SYSTEM (full as well).
    Out from Windows 8.1 I look at my profile folder security attributes, it shows permissions for me (full) and SYSTEM (full). Everything looks normal until I boot to Windows 10, my profile folder is not accessible, security dialog says owner neither permissions can't be viewed. Setting the owner to SYSTEM from out of Windows 10 fails (access denied) but I can set the owner to my W10 account (same name and password). The problem is that I can't then login in Windows 8 to my profile (profile folder can't see the owner).
    How do I normalize or reset my profilefolder rights so that it can be accessed from both Windows 8 and 10 just like any other folder on Windows 8 drive? (It seems that all other folders can view onership and permissions from both systems as well as I can see/access Windows 10 profile older out of Windows 8).

:)

Anakunda, Jul 26, 2015
  2. Barbie50 Win User

Windows 10 - renaming pictures

I just went from windows 8 to windows 10 and now I can't rename any pictures or folders like I could in Windows 8. The bar on the right just shoots back up to the top. Does anyone know why

Barbie50, Jul 26, 2015
  3. Access denied folder

why can't i ecxess all my folders on my portable hard drive when i plug it into my other computer? access denied. i have windows 10. i've tried all the suggestions offerd. i have one folder i can't access on this computer. no matter what i do.

MarshallWesley Jr, Jul 26, 2015
  4. kensiko Win User

Can you set the security settings to allow for "Everyone" ?

kensiko, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Anakunda Win User
    Everyone is no good concerns security. I applied takeown /f %UserProfile% /a and the folder is accessible from both windows, setting ownership via security dialog is mystery tho.

Anakunda, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Why can't I access my Windows 8 personal folder from Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - Why can't access

2. I can't access my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my personal computer: I can't access my laptop anymore I have already my account and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-personal-computer/86aced82-5040-4d21-a269-aafa2ed64079
  3. I can't access my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my personal computer: I can't access my laptop anymore I have already my account and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-my-personal-computer/86aced82-5040-4d21-a269-aafa2ed64079
  4. Why can't I remove my documents folder from controlled access?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why can't I remove my documents folder from controlled access?: As you can see, the option to remove it is grayed out. How do I change it so that I can remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-cant-i-remove-my-documents-folder-from/703600b2-bdb8-49a0-93fb-29ae033ec885
  5. Can't access my Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my Personal Vault: I can't access my Personal Vault. After I put my password in and go through the Verification procedure I get a message saying that "We couldn't unlock your Personal Vault. We encountered an unexpected error and could not unlock your Personal Vault. Please try again. You can...
  6. Can't access my personal vault

Can't access my personal vault: I'm logged into my Microsoft OneDrive account. However, when I try to access my personal vault to get a code sent to me - I'm stopped in my tracks with the following message "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message,...
  7. WHY CAN'T I ACCESS MY FILES IN wINDOWS 10

WHY CAN'T I ACCESS MY FILES IN wINDOWS 10: Why can't I access my original files in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-access-my-files-in-windows-10/e9d5c83a-98df-4dd2-8695-c4ce3a3548b7"
  8. Why can't I access a folder from an old SSD? (Video)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why can't I access a folder from an old SSD? (Video): I bought a new laptop and decided to take out the SSD from my old laptop, and use it as an external drive. For some reason I can't get into a specific folder because it says I don't have the permission to do so. I've followed all the prompts Windows gives me, but I still...
  9. Temporary profile & no access to windows 10 apps or my personal folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary profile & no access to windows 10 apps or my personal folders: After updates kb4284835 & Kb4343699 I was told a temporary profile had been set up and there was an issue signing on. Plus I had no acess to my personal files and the apps could not be viewed without an update. In addition the language & keyboard had been set to USA standard....
  10. How to access windows 10 Personalizations (Background) Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to access windows 10 Personalizations (Background) Folder: Twice in the last month Windows 10 has chosen a file folder and one file image as my background(wallpaper) instead of a image file of my choosing. I use landscape images from different countries I visit in Google Earth Pro. So I have to go to the image reset it as a...