Windows 10: Why can't I click on my Start Menu (sometimes)?

Discus and support Why can't I click on my Start Menu (sometimes)? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok, so disk and file system are ok, and you don't experience the problem in Safe Mode. But... the task manager in normal mode shows disk activity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RhinoCan, Mar 30, 2017.

1. dalchina New Member

Why can't I click on my Start Menu (sometimes)?

Ok, so disk and file system are ok, and you don't experience the problem in Safe Mode.

But... the task manager in normal mode shows disk activity 100%.

For the moment, we'll assume this latter is the cause of your sluggish responses. (As you experience more, keep an eye on the task man. and confirm that).

(The neatest way to add a screenshot is to use the Insert Image icon to the left of the video icon above your post).

Avast- this is normally a very quiet AV - I've seen others use more resources than they should. So that's a puzzle. Also, I don't recognise Avast Settings Backup. Yes, you can back up settings, but I just ran that, and didn't see that process.

Then there's Skype and Dropbox.
    Eclipse is some sort of Java development toolSo I suggest your next step is to do a clean boot, and see if your problems exist then - i.e. try to identify by a process of elimination what is causing bursts of high disk activity.

One further disk test:
    Run Crystal DiskMark to check your disk transfer rate and post it's GUI.
    And please add your disk type to your system specs.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why can't I click on my Start Menu (sometimes)?

1. Why can't I click on my Start Menu (sometimes)? - Similar Threads - Why can't click

2. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  3. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu can't be clicking: I have a lot of client they come with issue the can't do any left click activities start menu, all icon on the bar and another issue I see it comes with this issue outlook and OneDrive losing the license and the user account doesn't have Info icon to sync the AD policies...
  4. Start Menu can't be clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't click on the Start Menu or toolbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on the Start Menu or toolbar: Hi, I've recently had to "Fresh Start" my Windows 10 install after having a problem I couldn't resolve in any other way. Since then, the original problems have all but cleared up, but now I have a new one that I can't recreate every time or figure out how to resolve. From...
  6. I can't click on anything in the start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't click on anything in the start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jq910 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inynd0/i_cant_click_on_anything_in_the_start_menu/
  7. Can't Click on Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click on Start Menu Apps: When I open the start menu and try to search for something/click on something it doesn't do anything. After restarting, sometimes it doesn't even let me click on the windows button at all (I can still open it with the windows key.) I've seen a lot of threads on this but...
  8. Can't click sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click sometimes: I've started having a problem in the past couple of days where I'll be working just fine and all of the sudden I can no longer click on things. What's odd though is I can still double click to open folders on the Desktop, but once they're open I can't do anything with them. I...
  9. Can't click on Start Menu shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't click on Start Menu shortcuts: So I'm having this weird bug where I can't click any of my start menu shortcuts when I search up the program (typing) I'm trying to execute but if I manually look for it (using scroll wheel) and clicking on the shortcut the program will execute? I've tried rebuilding my...
  10. I can't click on anything in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't click on anything in the start menu.: Hello, I had this problem in Windows 8 and 8.1 as well, so i figured with the new ten I'd actually try to get this fixed. Before, it didn't bug me as much. Before the update i simply wiped my computer just like i did before 8.1 so that it could install faster and not have to...