Windows 10: Why can't I do custom scaling?

Discus and support Why can't I do custom scaling? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to rescale my PC, because where it's currently at is too small. I went into the settings to do this, and as far as scaling goes, I can only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanisR1, Jul 11, 2018.

1. JanisR1 Win User

Why can't I do custom scaling?

I'm trying to rescale my PC, because where it's currently at is too small. I went into the settings to do this, and as far as scaling goes, I can only select 100%, 125%, 150%, and 175%. I remember there used to be a slider, so I could select values in between. Where did this custom scaling go? 125% is too small for me, and 150% is too big. I'd like something in the middle. How can I do this?

Here is what my settings look like, by the way. As you can see, there is no slider. Just the drop-down menu.

Why can't I do custom scaling? 04390cef-2189-4754-90ba-86fed2ab751d?upload=true.png

:)

JanisR1, Jul 11, 2018

2. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jul 11, 2018
  3. Custom Scaling Factor keeps resetting after latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

To address your concern with Custom Scaling Factor, we suggest you to update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard, then click Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Drivers to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
    Update Driver Software.

3. Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jul 11, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

DaveM121, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Why can't I do custom scaling? - Similar Threads - Why can't custom

2. Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot: I have set a custom scale factor of 125% and it works after I end session and log back in through the windows prompt.After this, if I shut down my computer, the next time I turn it on this issue arises. It defaults to 150% even though the option is still set to 125% every...
  3. Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customized scaling / Custom scale factor keeps resetting when I boot: I have set a custom scale factor of 125% and it works after I end session and log back in through the windows prompt.After this, if I shut down my computer, the next time I turn it on this issue arises. It defaults to 150% even though the option is still set to 125% every...
  4. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  5. Custom Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Scaling: Hello!I recently switched monitors and for some reason, the new one is much larger than the previous one. I am trying to set the Display Scale to somewhere around 80%. But it only allows 100-500%. Any help is much appreciated!...
  6. Display Customization - Scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Customization - Scaling: I would like to scale one of my monitors below 100%. I know Microsoft currently does not allow this. It would be nice if they would allow for a custom scaling option of your choosing or adjustments in 5% increments down to maybe 50%. Does anyone know if there is a work...
  7. Custom Toolbar Scaling

Custom Toolbar Scaling: Hi, I run my windows 10 laptop on external monitor using 1920x1080 with 150% scaling. I have added quick launch toolbar to the taskbar. when I disconnect the external monitor, and use my build-in monitor 1366x768 with 100%, all icons on taskbar scale correctly except...
  8. Custom Scaling Factor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Scaling Factor: Greetings All, I wanted to know if there is a way to make my windows laptop look crisp and clear, without making the icons and the font too big. I have a 14 inch laptop and I need the best custom scaling factor so that my icons and apps are not blurry. I have already tried...
  9. Custom scaling query

Custom scaling query: If I make scaling a very high percentage in Windows 10, does it revert to 100% or a more easy to read size if you log into safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-scaling-query/0b5fca9c-4ba1-4190-a6b6-a81d65472183
  10. custom scaling level.

in Windows 10 Support
    custom scaling level.: Under set a custom scaling level. How can switch between 29 an 49 with one keystroke? I know that the user has to sign out and then sign back in again for the changes for the changes to take effect. Besides that how can I set it up with one keystroke? Don Cole 112657