Windows 10: why cant i find any solution to make my touchpad work?

Discus and support why cant i find any solution to make my touchpad work? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried everything I can find, tried every suggestion, troubleshoot...etc. Inspiron 5566... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PattyRough#, Aug 12, 2018.

1. why cant i find any solution to make my touchpad work?

I have tried everything I can find, tried every suggestion, troubleshoot...etc. Inspiron 5566

:)

PattyRough#, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Touchpad not working.

Hi Ray,

This can be caused by a driver issue. For further isolation of the issue and for us to provide a solution suited to your touchpad concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any recent changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, try updating the touchpad driver and see if it will work. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Select the touchpad driver then right-click on it and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver
      button to update the driver.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 12, 2018
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 12, 2018
  4. why cant i find any solution to make my touchpad work?

Touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

why cant i find any solution to make my touchpad work?

1. why cant i find any solution to make my touchpad work? - Similar Threads - why cant find

2. why cant I find my emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant I find my emails: I can not find my emails again please fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-find-my-emails/bb858b2c-0d35-467e-a05a-e6511cd94482
  3. why cant I find my emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant I find my emails: I can not find my emails again please fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-find-my-emails/bb858b2c-0d35-467e-a05a-e6511cd94482
  4. why cant I find my emails

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I cant turn on Bluetooth and no suggested solutions work. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant turn on Bluetooth and no suggested solutions work. Any suggestions?: I want to turn on Bluetooth, but the button in settings that I can use isn’t there anymore. All my drivers are installed and updated, and there is nowhere on my entire device that has a Bluetooth toggle button. Can anyone help me out?...
  6. I cant turn on Bluetooth and no suggested solutions work. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant turn on Bluetooth and no suggested solutions work. Any suggestions?: I want to turn on Bluetooth, but the button in settings that I can use isn’t there anymore. All my drivers are installed and updated, and there is nowhere on my entire device that has a Bluetooth toggle button. Can anyone help me out?...
  7. My usb headphones randomly stopped working but i cant find a solution

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My usb headphones randomly stopped working but i cant find a solution: Sometimes my usb headphones (JBL Quantum 400 ) and sometimes it can stop videos from working on YouTube or Netflix and sometimes i have to restart my pc to get it back to normal and it can also make my game lag as well and i cant find a fix and its very frustrating submitted...
  8. My bluetooth suddenly stopped working and I cant find a solution to turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My bluetooth suddenly stopped working and I cant find a solution to turn it back on.: Hi This happened a couple hours ago when I had the usual once a month problem of my bluetooth refusing to work, I usually have to just disable and re enable it, but this time I found it was in hidden and also couldn't be disabled. No matter what I try now I cant find a...
  9. Problems with mouse and cant find any solutions online

Problems with mouse and cant find any solutions online: When I click on the website my cursor turns into 4 arrows and it scrolls the web page uncontrollably when I hit refresh button an new tab opens. Like what the heck! I tried unlinking wireless keyboard and mouse and then re-link it, i checked my mouse settings. It is almost...
  10. I cant find palmcheck on my touchpad settings.

I cant find palmcheck on my touchpad settings.: Hi, I wanted to play games on my touchpad but whenever i hold down a button on my keyboard the mouse wont move. Ive looked it up online and it says to disable palmcheck everywhere but whenever i look at my touchpad settings there is no palmcheck. I have Synaptics pointing...