Windows 10: Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!

Discus and support Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I logged on to my computer I went to go run task manager for something and nothing happened. I thought it was weird so I tried to run device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by louisthechild, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!

When I logged on to my computer I went to go run task manager for something and nothing happened. I thought it was weird so I tried to run device manager so see if that would launch and still nothing. I then began to launch other programs and those all ran normally but when i tried to run something as admin nothing would work! I looked some stuff up online to see if there was a fix for this but all I saw was people saying to go into CMD as ADMIN which I can't do. Other sources said to go into the registry to try and fix the problem, yet I still could run regeit either! No matter if I right click and try to run something in admin or weather there is a little admin shield by what I am trying to run it won't work!

I booted into safe mode where I was actually able to get the task manager as well as the device manager working, but anything else that had admin restrictions would NOT LAUNCH. I will click on something that requires admin my mouse cursor will just have the blue loading symbol for roughly 5 minutes and then just give me errors saying windows can't access that device, file, because it the path can't be specified! I feel like there should definitely be a way to fix this through safe mode, PLEASE HELP!

:)

louisthechild, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Matt18 Win User
    admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!

Hidden Admin Account Infected - Help

Somehow my windows 7 hidden admin account got infected. I cannot open regedit, task manager or any virus program.. in fact.. most programs wont work.. but my regular everyday account is fine.

The problem is this: I have been infected in my regular account before.. and running virus tools from my hidden admin account fixes them.. but I cannot do the reverse now because my regular account doesn't have access to my admin account.

I know what the virus is.. its a rouge antivirus.. it mostly annoying.. Programs do open up for a split second before this rouge antivirus program closes it again and then lies and gives me a message that says, " Cannot open this program, the program is infected" LOL

Its putting a lot of adware on my system but not crippling it.. but only in the admin account.

What are your ideas?

John Phoenix, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!!

1. Why can't I run any programs as admin even though I am the admin!!! - Similar Threads - Why can't run

2. Why do i have to run executable files as admin even though I have admin permissions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i have to run executable files as admin even though I have admin permissions?: Every time I try to run an .exe file I need to run as administrator to open it instead of double clicking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-run-executable-files-as-admin/b6d02232-c89f-40f4-8192-965491460ad6
  3. Why do i have to run executable files as admin even though I have admin permissions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do i have to run executable files as admin even though I have admin permissions?: Every time I try to run an .exe file I need to run as administrator to open it instead of double clicking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-run-executable-files-as-admin/b6d02232-c89f-40f4-8192-965491460ad6
  4. Why do i have to run executable files as admin even though I have admin permissions?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I cant add other items inside a program file even though i am admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant add other items inside a program file even though i am admin: hello i was planning on adding a plugin for a certain program i have but i always get this can i get help about this?i am an admin when i check my settings but still get this prompt...
  6. I cant add other items inside a program file even though i am admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant add other items inside a program file even though i am admin: hello i was planning on adding a plugin for a certain program i have but i always get this can i get help about this?i am an admin when i check my settings but still get this prompt...
  7. I cant add other items inside a program file even though i am admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Insider Program Unavailable Even Though I Am Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Insider Program Unavailable Even Though I Am Admin: Dear Devs,I've already registered for Windows Insider Program and I have an Admin Account but I still can't find The Windows Insider Option in my setting. Please Help Me....
  9. Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restricted Admin Privileges even though I AM THE ADMIN: Okay, I have encountered this issue before and I am quite literally annoyed with Windows now. I own the computer so yes it's a personal computer and I am the sole admin/user of said computer. So this is nothing new but Windows has this weird lock on the Admin position...
  10. I can't delete/move a files and/or .exe files even though I am an admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete/move a files and/or .exe files even though I am an admin: I like to download/install files and .exe files to mod games. I'm safe with what and where I download files and from whom I download them. However, *for some files*, whenever I want to delete or move a file, I get a message saying I don't have permission and I need admin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i run a program as administrator

2. cant run programs but as admin

3. cant run any admin programs though im admin