Windows 10: Why can't I see the memory space label of my External Hardrive?

Discus and support Why can't I see the memory space label of my External Hardrive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It also happens to my other USB! 99984 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CholoBoiii, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Why can't I see the memory space label of my External Hardrive?

It also happens to my other USB!

:)

CholoBoiii, Dec 9, 2017
  2. Phil Heig Win User

Windows 10 update wizard

Knowing I don't have enough memory, and cannot eliminate any more, I would like to use an external hard drive with 1 TB available. However, the wizard does not recognize it and won't proceed until I free up memory. Does anyone know why the installation
    does not see my external space and offer it as an option for installation?

Phil Heig, Dec 9, 2017
  3. n81 - phone memory depleting

I do have Y-manager on my phone, and as far as I understand the C: drive is the phone memory (?). So i have looked through each of these folders and many (not all) say "no data" or something similar. This is another reason why I don't understand where
    my phone memory has been allocated.

Another funny thing though - when my phone was saving messages, the default was to save to phone. At some point in the last week (I can't remember when) I changed this setting to have the messages stored to the memory card. All messages saved/recieved prior
    to this point are visible when I look at messages on both the phone and the external memory. However, all messages saved after this point have only been saved to the external memory card (I can't work out why). Anyway, I did delete all messages (sent/saved/recieved
    etc) that were saved on my phone memory and that freed up some space on the phone memory (about 1MB).

twista---01, Dec 9, 2017
  4. Why can't I see the memory space label of my External Hardrive?

Welcome to our forum.

I'm don't understand (memory space label on a hard drive) Their is no such thing.

I'm thinking you are looking for how much space on you drive is use and how much space you have left to use.

Is that correct?

If it is correct, just right tick on the drive and then tick on properties. It will show you space used and space not used.
    The red indicates your drive is almost full or full.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 9, 2017
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey CholoBoiii,
    I think that has to do with the external drive label (Seagate Backup Plus Drive) and it's pushing it out of view.

Eagle51, Dec 9, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @CholoBoiii

Yes, since the Fall Creators Update (1709) the text for long disk names wrap instead of being truncated as previously. This has the unfortunate consequence you have experienced.

Disk spaces for select drives are not displayed under this pc (tiles)

Bree, Dec 9, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    Right click the D: drive and choose Rename. Rename the Seagate Backup Plus Drive to just Seagate and see what happens. Then move or delete some files off of the drive, it is running out of space.

spunk, Dec 9, 2017
  8. Why can't I see the memory space label of my External Hardrive?

Someone please explain what memory has to do with a ssd.

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 10, 2017
  9. Word Man Win User
    Hey, Jack - I think OP just used the term "memory" in place of what most of us think of as "storage space" on a disk, whether it be an HDD or an SSD. Does that help resolve it for you?

Word Man, Dec 10, 2017
  10. That is exactly what I was trying to find out in my post #2.
    Right tick on the drive and select properties.

Jack

Layback Bear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why can't I see the memory space label of my External Hardrive?

1. Why can't I see the memory space label of my External Hardrive? - Similar Threads - Why can't memory

2. Why I can't see my messages ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I can't see my messages ?: I cant see my messages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-see-my-messages/d4342026-1e23-4b6b-9d6c-055914cb104f
  3. Why I can't see my messages ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I can't see my messages ?: I cant see my messages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-see-my-messages/d4342026-1e23-4b6b-9d6c-055914cb104f
  4. External Hardrive Shows My Files Taking Up Space, but the Actual Files Aren't There

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hardrive Shows My Files Taking Up Space, but the Actual Files Aren't There: I put 100gb of video and photo files onto an external harddrive. At first, it was fine. I noticed that I couldn't export videos from my video editing program directly to the EHD, nor could I upload the files to youtube directly from it, and occasionally, VLC would refuse to...
  5. I have a External Hardrive that connects, but will not show in my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a External Hardrive that connects, but will not show in my pc: I have followed guide after guide after guide and they all are a copy-paste of one another and they all tell me to reinstall drives for the USB and well that I have done, but the problem is still ongoing.I have connected the external hard drive onto EVERY SINGEL USB and...
  6. External Hardrive

External Hardrive: How do i access my external HARDRIVE on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hardrive/216895a8-343c-4b49-93f2-d71f988de2a4
  7. i unplugged my external hardrive unsafe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i unplugged my external hardrive unsafe: will this ruin my whole pc or make it slow ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-unplugged-my-external-hardrive-unsafe/113316f4-b392-4a1d-ac83-7e4cfb48da17
  8. External Hardrive USB

External Hardrive USB: Hi, I recently bought a KESU USB 3.0 320 G external hardrive. It is not showing up anywhere on my Surface Pro 7. I have tried going into Device Manager and uninstalling and reinstalling USB Root Hub USB. 3 but still the hardrive is not showing up anywhere. How do I fix...
  9. Win10 external Hardrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 external Hardrive.: Hello all techies need your help. I have been using my External hardrive case with different memory card plug in the front of the external hardrive case. It has been working for over five years fine and something happened that it wants to now format it. I know all the...
  10. I can't see an external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see an external drive: I'm trying to move 4G of files from an iOmega external drive to my WD 4T backup drive, but Windows Explorer does not see the iOmega drive. Device Manager sees it, its driver is updated, I disabled and enabled it, tried various USB ports, rebooted my laptop, but Windows...