Windows 10: why can't i use my drivers for my catalyst control center

Discus and support why can't i use my drivers for my catalyst control center in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have very limited control over my adjustments for video with window 10. Any ideas why microsoft left out my ability to enable my catalyst control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by djhplm, Nov 3, 2015.

1. djhplm Win User

why can't i use my drivers for my catalyst control center

I have very limited control over my adjustments for video with window 10. Any ideas why microsoft left out my ability to enable my catalyst control center? I have heard that there are ways to force it in. I just do not like having to resort to that. That is just one of my pet peeves about windows 10.

:)

djhplm, Nov 3, 2015
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User

catalyst contorl launcher what is it and do i need it

It is most likely related to your AMD Display driver. If you do not use it, you could reinstall the display driver without catalyst control center.

How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System.

How-To Install AMD Catalyst™ Drivers For A Windows® Based System

XP ROCKS., Nov 3, 2015
  3. Windows can not find igfxEM.exe error box on startup of Windows 10.

>>>>>amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit.exe<<<<<

This installs the Catalyst Control Center.

>>>>>I am afraid to mess with the ATI Catalyst Control Center if it is also used for the current HD graphics incorporated in the mother board of my pc.<<<<<

The ATI Catalyst Control Center is not used for the HD graphics integrated onto the motherboard. You have 2 graphics cards that each use their own control panels. One is Intel and the other is AMD. AMD bought out ATI and that's why you see both ATI &
    AMD.

If it were my computer, I would completely uninstall both drivers. The Catalyst control panel can be uninstalled in the Control Panel > Programs & Features.

Restart the computer, then after restarting, install the AMD software from the disc. Find the .exe and right click > properties > compatibility tab and install the AMD drivers in compatibility mode.

Brenda

Brenda Woollard, Nov 3, 2015
  4. gedstar Win User

gedstar, Nov 3, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Why can't I use Windows 10 on my 386 processor? At some point the software and hardware companies have to stop supporting older hardware. And it isn't Microsoft responsibility to provide drivers for every piece of hardware anyway, it is the hardware manufacturers responsibility - so your complaint is really against AMD for not providing driver support - but it's just easier to blame Microsoft for everything.

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2015
  6. gedstar Win User
    Well that will really help the OP with his issue I'm sure

gedstar, Nov 3, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    The OP did not ask for help, and I answered the question that the OP asked:

#1 - Microsoft did not leave it out of Windows 10. It is the hardware manufacturer's responsibility to provide Windows 10 certified drivers for their hardware and catalyst control center is part of the AMD driver package.

#2 - The manufacturer did not supply a Windows 10 certified driver because at some point the hardware manufacturers just can't keep supporting older hardware - at some point the hardware will become obsolete.

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Just install latest Windows 8 or 7 drivers and you will also get Catalyst Control Center. It is only included with AMD's own drivers (OEM) not with Microsoft's generic drivers. The latter are only for basic stuff. For anything more advanced you should always install OEM drivers and avoid generic Microsoft drivers when possible.

spapakons, Nov 3, 2015
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    Err... I (and many others) are running Windows 10 and using an AMD card and CCC works just fine....

why can't i use my drivers for my catalyst control center [​IMG]

Not exactly sure what's going on but it ain't Win 10 And a CCC compatibility issue. It works just fine.

As for WHQL certified drivers, there actually are some for Windows 10 (15.7.1) though the latest beta drivers are 15.10

sygnus21, Nov 3, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    It depends upon which HD Radeon video card/chip is in the computer. Older models (like my Radeon HD 4520) require manual installation of Windows 7/8/8.1 drivers to get full functionality of Catalyst Control Center

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2015
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    Yes/no...

CCC works in all facets of AMD's drivers. Been that way since ATI days. But what the OP "might" have to do is search for older legacy drivers here - Previous AMD Embedded GPU and APU Drivers

And if the OP's system is a laptop, they'll need to visit the vendor's site and find the drivers there.

And define manual installation, because clicking the exe works very well.

At any rate the other issue could be running such old hardware on a new OS. This always tends to cause issues, so...

sygnus21, Nov 3, 2015
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Not on mine. I had to go to the Device Manager entry for the graphic adapter, uninstall the existing driver and install the legacy driver by selecting Browse my computer - select from list of hardware - have disc - and select the INF file.

Solved ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver for 64-bit Windows 10? - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2015
  13. sygnus21 Win User

Yeah, I've seen that at times, not just with video card driver, but it shouldn't happen.

At any rate, yeah, if the hardware is old, there may be problems, including CCC not working; however it's not a Win 10 problem per se.

Peace *Cool

sygnus21, Nov 3, 2015
  14. spapakons Win User
    If hardware is old, Windows Update will try to replace the "old" drivers with generic Microsoft ones that do not have the Catalyst Control Center. Reinstall latest official AMD drivers and then hide the relevant updates so they won't get replaced.

spapakons, Nov 3, 2015
  15. sygnus21 Win User
    Yeah, but it still won't (shouldn't) disable CCC. I've already had Win 10 "force" a cat driver update on me, but CCC still worked. Admittedly though the update wasn't too far from the one I had, and I do have new hardware so that could factor in.

sygnus21, Nov 4, 2015
Thema:

1. why can't i use my drivers for my catalyst control center - Similar Threads - why can't drivers

2. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  3. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  4. RX550 w10 driver without Catalyst Control Center

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    RX550 w10 driver without Catalyst Control Center: Hello. I have a Radeon RX550 card which works perfectly with Windows Update driver 27.20.1034.6 (2020). Any other version above that (downloaded from AMD site) gives me several graphical glitches. The main issue I have is that Windows Update has not installed the Catalyst...
  5. AMD Catalyst Control Center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AMD Catalyst Control Center: Hallo liebe Community, Ich habe im Task-Manager den Prozess "Catalyst Control Center" der für den Internet-Zugang Ethernet zuständig ist vermutlich gelöscht ... Was kann ich unternehmen? Vielen vielen Dank Gruß Günther...
  6. Windows Update INSTALLED!!! AMD Catalyst Control Center on it's own.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update INSTALLED!!! AMD Catalyst Control Center on it's own.: I had done a clean install of Windows 10 and was just finishing the tweaking. I like Windows 10. Yesterday, I had uninstalled AMD CCC and it's driver, downloaded the latest CCC software package, and just installed the drivers. I did not want CCC. All was well yesterday....
  7. Unable to install AMD Catalyst Control Center - install hangs

Unable to install AMD Catalyst Control Center - install hangs: Hi, I'm running an MSI 280 Gaming 3G in my desktop. I never had trouble installing drivers until I upgraded to 10 from 8.1. I am now unable to install Catalyst Control Center. It gets stuck, as shown in the attached picture, during the install. When I attempt to cancel...
  8. How to Get Back AMD Catalyst Control Center to configure my VGA?

How to Get Back AMD Catalyst Control Center to configure my VGA?: Windows 10 Pro x64, 8.970.100.9001 AMD driver from Microsoft, (Mobility) Radeon HD 3200 graphics card Basically, long story short, I've used an old W7 Pro licence to create another partition, so I could dual boot my current W7 Home Premium with Windows 10 Pro, and test how...
  9. Question about amd catalyst control center

Question about amd catalyst control center: Hello After upgrading my laptop to window 10, i lost amd catalyst control center, i really need this app to switch between amd and intel GPU Manually any advice please 78954
  10. Catalyst Control Center gone

Catalyst Control Center gone: It was showing up fine in the past, but yesterday I installed the UX theme program, and after that, I noticed that right clicking on my desktop no longer gave me the option to open the Catalyst Control Center, nor does clicking on the little icon in the tray get it to open...