Windows 10: Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App??

Discus and support Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; With Microsoft saying Live Mail won't work soon, and to switch over to the Mail app, I've done just that. Although currently, Live Mail is still... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Gelbs, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Gelbs Win User

Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App??

With Microsoft saying Live Mail won't work soon, and to switch over to the Mail app, I've done just that. Although currently, Live Mail is still working fine. What annoys me is. Is that I cannot whatsoever change my sender name via Mail app, when sending emails. It basically displays the name I have on my MSN/Microsoft profile. I even changed that, but it hasn't updated. If I add another non Hotmail account to the app, I have the choice to display the name I wish. Microsoft really piss me off. Live Mail works fine. And now they're saying it's going to be made redundant pretty much, and now I switch over, I can't even change my display name?? They really are morons. If it's not broken. Why fix it?!

:)

Gelbs, Jun 30, 2016

2. Why sender name shows 'Windows Defence Team' in windows 10 mail!

In my Windows 10 Mail, whenever I send an email, as sender name shows 'Windows Defender Team' instead of my name or email ID, though my name is already set in the mail setting! I don't know why!! Can anybody suggest how to change it to show my name or
    ID as sender name? Thanks ..........

Enam Al-Huda, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Amc3468 Win User
    How to change you sender name on your pc mail app?

yeah it says the name i want it to say so hopfully it works

Amc3468, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App??

1. Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App?? - Similar Threads - Why Can't Change

2. Cannot change sender name in Mail app, "send messages using this name" setting is missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change sender name in Mail app, "send messages using this name" setting is missing?: My Gmail account's name was updated a long time ago, and I didn't realize when I sent emails from the Mail app they were still showing up as being sent from the old name. I went into the settings to change it, but the option to change the display name is not there. It is my...
  3. Cannot change sender name in Mail app, "send messages using this name" setting is missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change sender name in Mail app, "send messages using this name" setting is missing?: My Gmail account's name was updated a long time ago, and I didn't realize when I sent emails from the Mail app they were still showing up as being sent from the old name. I went into the settings to change it, but the option to change the display name is not there. It is my...
  4. No Option to Change Sender Name in the Mail App, Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Option to Change Sender Name in the Mail App, Help!: [ATTACH] i tried to use this email for Commission. i never use my real name when registering, but somehow the app managed to find my real name and use it when i send email from this app. (it didn't happen when i send from gmail in browser.) every troubleshooting suggests...
  5. No option to change sender name in Mail app

No option to change sender name in Mail app: [ATTACH] Hi there -- it appears that the "send your messages using this name" is missing from the mail sync settings for all of my accounts (both gmail and outlook email accounts). As a result, emails sent using the Mail app all have the same name for the sender,...
  6. Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.

Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.: I am using Windows 10 mail app with all my gmail accounts, to keep them in one place. It works great but the one thing I don't like is it uses my name as the sender along with the email address. I want to be able to specify what name it shows for each account. I also saw...
  7. How to change sender's name in Windows Native MAIL APP AS OF MARCH 2020

How to change sender's name in Windows Native MAIL APP AS OF MARCH 2020: Hi all, After my windows 10 device did an update without asking, I can't seem to find the option to change my sender's name of the mail app in windows. It used to be under Settings -> Manage Account -> Change mailbox sync settings But now it seems to be gone and I cant...
  8. Query related to changing the settings for Display name of the sender in Windows Mail app

Query related to changing the settings for Display name of the sender in Windows Mail app: Is there a way, when an email is addressed, to display only the first name? For reasons I do not understand, for some of my family members this already happens, even though their entries in People display their first and last names. ***Original title: Windows 10 Mail and...
  9. How to change Email Sender Name in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Email Sender Name in Windows 10 Mail app: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With the built-in Mail app for – which is the new default client, you can connect and manage your multiple email accounts from a single point without having to load different websites to check and send your emails. In this [...] This post How to change Email...
  10. Mail desktop app and account sender name

Mail desktop app and account sender name: Not sure if this has been posted before, but the mail app sends out my name as "RobertXPS13" How can I change this? I'm using this Gmail account to send out professional emails and it looks bad that I have that as my alias. I'd appreciate any help! submitted by /u/krnrice27...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft mail app uses name

2. how to change microsoft mail sender name outlook