Windows 10: Why did my PC reboot mid-game twice today?

Discus and support Why did my PC reboot mid-game twice today? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had no problems with my computer normally. The only time I've had restart issues prior to this was when I bought into the GRIM DAWN alpha and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DavidHaller, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Why did my PC reboot mid-game twice today?

I've had no problems with my computer normally.

The only time I've had restart issues prior to this was when I bought into the GRIM DAWN alpha and as soon as my PC rebooted due to the game being ran, I refunded the purchase and moved on.

I've played a lot more strenuous games than that on my machine all the time and never had a problem.

Today I'm playing Roguelands and suddenly my computer just decides to reboot on its own in the middle of my game.

I normally throw my hands in the air and yell "What the ****" like every other ordinary human being but I've been sitting here grinding for over 14 hours and all of that's been lost due to this happening.

Suggestions?

:)

DavidHaller, Jul 14, 2016

2. Purchased Windows 8.1 directly from Microsoft = Invalid Windows 10 Activation

I had the same issue and I just hit the activate button and it did the same thing then I rebooted my pc and hit the activate button and it activated had to reboot twice

joetedder43, Jul 14, 2016
  3. xtianj_ Win User
    Windows 10 reboot loop

I'll get things clear first. This not the reboot loop during the upgrade, it is the reboot/restart after I installed Windows 10. Does anyone know why this happens and the solution of this? I tried restarting my PC twice and never succeeded and I ended
    up forcing my PC to shutdown. I need help here.

xtianj_, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Why did my PC reboot mid-game twice today?

Power Supply maybe

solarstarshines, Jul 14, 2016
  5. Could be the power supply, like solarstarshines said. Could also be your CPU overheating and shutting down the PC to avoid damage. Have you checked your temps?

blackroseMD1, Jul 14, 2016
  6. Archie123 Win User
    open a search window , type "view advanced system setings" click settings and under "startup and recovery" and uncheck "automatically restart" under the system failiure tab then apply

your pc will most likely crash on the next error ingame but it wont restart and it may throw up an error you can at least troubleshoot. It may also lock up and you will have to manually restart with your reset button

its also a good idea to download msi afterburner so you can monitor your gpu and cpu temps and speeds ingame and see if the issue lies there.

It doesnt sound like a gpu issue as a driver crash usually resets itself in windows , id go for a driver conflict but it could be anything.

also event log is a good place to look see if there are any errors just prior to a crash

Archie123, Jul 17, 2016
  7. Traijan Win User
    1. Save your game often.

2. Indeed as others have suggested it sounds like your CPU might be overheating and automatically shutting down at the determined temperature in the bios settings to protect your CPU. If you have access to two monitors then I'd download HWMonitor and keep it on your second monitor while you play and keep an eye on it to see how hot your CPU, GPU etc are getting.

Of course it could be some conflict, have you installed anything new lately? New hardware?

Traijan, Jul 18, 2016
  8. derek10 Win User

Why did my PC reboot mid-game twice today?

As said, overheating and PSU are the most likely causes, but if only happens on one game, it might be a bug(?) of the game, try to stress test your computer with Prime95 for CPU, Unigine Heaven/Valley looping for GPU, and check temperatures, PSU voltages with Hwinfo or signs of instability. Also check with BSOD viewer if you had BSODS that might not be shown

derek10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why did my PC reboot mid-game twice today?

1. Why did my PC reboot mid-game twice today? - Similar Threads - Why did reboot

2. Why did my gaming PC lose performance for no reason?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my gaming PC lose performance for no reason?: I've only had this PC for 5 months until yesterday my PC Suddenly lost its performance. Now I'm getting less FPS than i used to have. I've already tried updating my bios and my drivers and it still didn't help.Here are my specs:CPU: Intel i5-10400FGPU: RTX 3070 Ti Asus...
  3. Why did my gaming PC lose performance for no reason?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my gaming PC lose performance for no reason?: I've only had this PC for 5 months until yesterday my PC Suddenly lost its performance. Now I'm getting less FPS than i used to have. I've already tried updating my bios and my drivers and it still didn't help.Here are my specs:CPU: Intel i5-10400FGPU: RTX 3070 Ti Asus...
  4. Why did my gaming PC lose performance for no reason?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Where in my PC is the scan I did today 5_5_23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where in my PC is the scan I did today 5_5_23: I have just signed and scanned a document I need to return urgently.I can't find it in my pcHELP!Anna Cottrell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-in-my-pc-is-the-scan-i-did-today-5523/8f354e37-5a33-4beb-96c0-1ea41be82542
  6. Where in my PC is the scan I did today 5_5_23

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where in my PC is the scan I did today 5_5_23: I have just signed and scanned a document I need to return urgently.I can't find it in my pcHELP!Anna Cottrell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-in-my-pc-is-the-scan-i-did-today-5523/8f354e37-5a33-4beb-96c0-1ea41be82542
  7. Why did My pc restart

Why did My pc restart: I full formeted my pc and process is over after tht it started to restart again.. after a few time it's restart again saying that why did my pc restart and this process repeats again and again... Some time in the middle of this process pc home screen come but it's flickers...
  8. PC Freezung and restarting mid-game

PC Freezung and restarting mid-game: Hi, mid game my screen will display a frozen screen of random colors and either freezes or restarts my pc. Here are the reports Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎7/‎27/‎2020 4:16 PM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to...
  9. Why did W10 reboot itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did W10 reboot itself?: Hi, I run a game server on my computer and I was shocked when I got home and saw no running application on my computer, like it had rebooted itself. So I searched on Google to try and find out what caused it to reboot and found this in the event log at precisely 9:00:00 PM,...
  10. Why did my PC restart?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why did my PC restart?: Doing a refresh install of a computer I dont have a install file other then what is on the PC. The keep your files version was tried first, but wasn't successful. The version of wipe files and re-install was tried only to be locked into "Why did my PC restart?". This is a...