Windows 10: why did my wireless keyboard stop working

Discus and support why did my wireless keyboard stop working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why did my wireless keyboard stop working - I think i pressed the wrong key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steph CL, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Steph CL Win User

why did my wireless keyboard stop working

why did my wireless keyboard stop working - I think i pressed the wrong key

:)

Steph CL, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Need a new wireless keyboard - suggestions?

This is a for work - not gaming!

My work keyboard is a wireless logitech, lasted some 6 years and now has a case of sticking keys, so I need a new one. I really liked it, thought the key action isn't the greatest. It has been through millions of keystrokes.

I have a G5 gaming mouse (both work and home), I want to keep that.

So I'm looking for:

• Wireless and responsive
    • (USB and PS2 capable)
    • Assignable hot keys
    • Dedicated volume and playback buttons
    • Great feel (for lots of typing)
    • Intergrated wrist-wrest
    • Black (nice not to see gunk that builds up)
    • Under $100
    Anyone have any "passionate" suggestions? I plan to stop at staples to try some out. I am partial to Logitech.

Sasqui, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Wireless keyboard not working

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to connect the keyboard to a different computer and check if it works.

Apart from wireless keyboard, I would also suggest you to connect wired keyboard to the computer and check the status.

If issue still persists, try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Check in compatibility mode.

Download the keyboard drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed
      with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Sep 25, 2018
  4. vmishka Win User

Keyboard stopped working under Windows 10

I have an iMac dual booting Mac OSX and Windows 10 under Bootcamp. I have the normal iMac wireless keyboard.

Windows has been running normally for several years since the day I got the computer. Windows 10 has been running normally since the day I was able to automatically download it in August.

Today, my keyboard stopped working under Windows 10. I am writing this from the Mac side. The keyboard works perfectly and the battery power is 100% under Mac OSX.

When I boot to my Windows partition (which is the default) I have to use the keyboard to sign-in under Windows. The keyboard works fine for sign-in! Then, as soon as I get to my desktop, the keyboard stops working entirely. No key produces a letter. The cursor doesn't move. I hear a click in my headset when a key is pressed, but nothing happens.

The mouse works. If I reach the hardware and devices portion of the control panel, as far as I can tell things the keyboard device says it is working properly. I remember a wireless keyboard listed and a bluetooth keyboard and something called an HID device. Windows reports that they are working properly. I managed to open the troubleshooter using the mouse only and it couldn't find a problem.

I have turned the computer off and on several times.

Would someone be so kind as to suggest how I can find and fix the problem.

Thank you.

vmishka, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. why did my wireless keyboard stop working - Similar Threads - why did wireless

2. Why did my audio stop working ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my audio stop working ?: I tried to plug my headphones in, but then a menu pops up and i have to choose between headphones or speaker if i recall correctly and so i choose headphones. But when i unplugged it, the audio stopped working, i deleted some drivers and restarted it yet it didn't work. The...
  3. Why did my audio stop working ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my audio stop working ?: I tried to plug my headphones in, but then a menu pops up and i have to choose between headphones or speaker if i recall correctly and so i choose headphones. But when i unplugged it, the audio stopped working, i deleted some drivers and restarted it yet it didn't work. The...
  4. Why did my audio stop working ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?: i have a wireless keyboard with a trackpad. turned the PC on today the trackpad isn't working and no cursor. bought it the keyboard a couple of weeks ago. was working fine until today. The keyboard Ritek doesn't appear by name in the device manager and neither does the...
  6. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?: i have a wireless keyboard with a trackpad. turned the PC on today the trackpad isn't working and no cursor. bought it the keyboard a couple of weeks ago. was working fine until today. The keyboard Ritek doesn't appear by name in the device manager and neither does the...
  7. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

8. My wireless keyboard stopped working using keyboard on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wireless keyboard stopped working using keyboard on screen: win 11 turn my wireless keyboard back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-keyboard-stopped-working-using/1b0d4906-0bbb-472c-9061-a02bb52f719c
  9. My wireless keyboard stopped working using keyboard on screen

My wireless keyboard stopped working using keyboard on screen: win 11 turn my wireless keyboard back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-keyboard-stopped-working-using/1b0d4906-0bbb-472c-9061-a02bb52f719c
  10. why did my wireless keyboard stop working intermittently

why did my wireless keyboard stop working intermittently: I have a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard 1559 on a Dell Inspiron 7580 64-bit laptop running Windows 10 Home and my keyboard stopped working so I replaced the batteries and it worked again but then stopped after 100 or so keystrokes, so I took out the batteries momentarily...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why did my microsoft keyboard stop working