Windows 10: Why did Realtek High Def Audio go strange?

Discus and support Why did Realtek High Def Audio go strange? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It used to have options for sound effects like bass, live music, rock etc and then area effects like city, mountains etc and each would give a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Curcelli, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Curcelli Win User

Why did Realtek High Def Audio go strange?

It used to have options for sound effects like bass, live music, rock etc and then area effects like city, mountains etc and each would give a different sound but ever since it updated to 2.79 with windows 10 all of that has gone, anyone know why?

Thanks

:)

Curcelli, Aug 15, 2015
  2. PatNJVT Win User

No sound

I check the volume control on the task bar and it was at 100% speakers Realtek High Def Audio.

Next I went to Devise Manager - Sound video and game Controllers - under that Realtek High Def Audio \

No other options

PatNJVT, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Louder music over voice

This happens on all videos

Intel display audio

Realtek high def audio

no changes

EileenMueller, Aug 15, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

This may not be helpful, but the effects work for me.

All that I can suggest is downloading and installing the full package from Realtek (Realtek), just in case the version Windows update gives you doesn't include some features.

bobkn, Aug 15, 2015
  5. Curcelli Win User
    Hmm I downloaded mine from there I believe, what is the full package?

Curcelli, Aug 15, 2015
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    - because in 10, Microsoft has replaced the Realtek control panel with generic drivers and a cut-down set of utilities to manage your sound output and input, playback and recording, and configuration. Realtek has only so-far provided Windows 10 drivers, and not the utilities that were for earlier windows versions, which may or may not work with Windows 10.
    If you need the Realtek suite of controls, you could try the Realtek site on http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

Fafhrd, Aug 15, 2015
  7. Curcelli Win User
    I downloaded the 2.79 64bits from there and I have no sound effects options?

Curcelli, Aug 15, 2015
  8. Curcelli Win User

The highlighted blue one btw

Curcelli, Aug 15, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I think ever since Windows XP the basic Windows sound Mixing system has got "Dumber and Dumber". Your best bet is perhaps to find in your Sound playing software one with a decent built in mixer in it.

Believe it or not the Old Winamp application works fine (if you can still find it). Set up the equalisation yourself.

A lot of "Generic" sound cards are branded as "Realtek" some of which probably won't work 100% with the official drivers. Also a lot of people had to disable the enhancements in Windows sounds==>properties to get Sound to work AT ALL in W10.

I'm not in favour of "Canned pre-sets" -- any decent mixing application should be able to set these manually --much better option too IMO.

Even VLC media player (FREE) has audio effects you can use for your audio and will play almost every codec known to man or beast.

You can also set VLC as the audio device for programs if you want to route sound via VLC rather than the default Windows mixer too. Do this in VLC's preferences -- it's a little more complex and depends on your hardware but it DOES work.

Why did Realtek High Def Audio go strange? [​IMG]

Why did Realtek High Def Audio go strange? [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 15, 2015
  10. bobkn Win User
    Semi smartass answer: about 128 MB (64 bit version).

bobkn, Aug 15, 2015
  11. Curcelli Win User
    I'm uninstalling and re-installing a different version, hopefully this works.

Curcelli, Aug 17, 2015
  12. banger Win User
    I got the latest from Windows Catalog and it has the Sound Effects Tab, admittedly 32 bit version.

banger, Aug 17, 2015
  13. Curcelli Win User

*sigh* no luck again, couldn't install one from Lenovo as it kept saying error-0001 and I downloaded a new one from Realtek and same problem also downloaded the beta thing which says it fixes effects or something and still nothing, stupid garbage.

Curcelli, Aug 17, 2015
  14. Curcelli Win User
    I never was able to fix this.

Could IDT High definition Codecs be the problem? I don't seem to have them

Curcelli, Dec 10, 2016
  15. try this

Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition)

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-EP45T-UD3LR (rev. 1.3)

thats the last one that had the old interface you mentioned. after that they switched to a simple front end

i used windows 7 64 bit

and it gave me back the Old realtek audio control panel

the new one was so bland that i hated it

i hope this works for you

billneftleberg, Dec 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Why did Realtek High Def Audio go strange? - Similar Threads - Why did Realtek

2. Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device: Hi, so recently I was having issues with my pc forcing me to unplug and replug in my headphone and mic to get them to work every time my computer turns back on. The solution I found online was to uninstall and reinstall my Realtek Audio Drivers. So I did that...except it...
  3. Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device: Hi, so recently I was having issues with my pc forcing me to unplug and replug in my headphone and mic to get them to work every time my computer turns back on. The solution I found online was to uninstall and reinstall my Realtek Audio Drivers. So I did that...except it...
  4. Realtek Won't Reinstall, Stuck with Speakers High Def Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Where did Realtek R audio go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did Realtek R audio go?: Note: This happened just after performing a clean installation of windows 11Help, I need the Realtek R audio driver back not the Realtek High Definition Audio as it is constantly messing with my headphones in terms of surround sound being exaggerated and the Realtek audio...
  6. Where did Realtek R audio go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did Realtek R audio go?: Note: This happened just after performing a clean installation of windows 11Help, I need the Realtek R audio driver back not the Realtek High Definition Audio as it is constantly messing with my headphones in terms of surround sound being exaggerated and the Realtek audio...
  7. Realtek High Def Audio Not Working On Asus Rog

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek High Def Audio Not Working On Asus Rog: I’ve updated my computer and all the audio drivers to the most recent time and still have zero success. Has anyone else had this issue? submitted by /u/nezu2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lysa7k/realtek_high_def_audio_not_working_on_asus_rog/
  8. Problems using Realtek high def audio

Problems using Realtek high def audio: Hello, I'm having some troubles using the Realtek audio driver. So, basically, when I'm watching a video on YouTube (happens most of the time on yt, but I think on other services too), my sound can crash in the middle of it: it can make YouTube print an error but most of...
  9. Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus

Audio Device on High Def Audio Bus: Hello, I have a HP Envy dv6 with beats audio. I did a Windows 10 upgrade and the AMD High Definition Audio Device, which im guessing it the beats audio and the only sounds were through the default speakers. The icon for the beats would show up in the tool bar but would say...
  10. Conflicting Audio Problems-Realtek vs High Def...

Conflicting Audio Problems-Realtek vs High Def...: I have a Dell Inspiron 5577, bought only a few months ago and I've been trying to fix this since day 1. The laptop audio, whether through the built-in speakers, external monitors or headphones, keeps popping and crackling. So I followed other people's advice and switched to...