Windows 10: Why did Windows 11 remove the ability to move the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to...

Discus and support Why did Windows 11 remove the ability to move the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 programmers, put the taskbar capabilities back immediately! Oh My Gawd, who made this decision? All you can do is centre the taskbar or move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Naomi Jamieson, May 15, 2024.

1. Why did Windows 11 remove the ability to move the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to...

Windows 11 programmers, put the taskbar capabilities back immediately! Oh My Gawd, who made this decision? All you can do is centre the taskbar or move it to the left of the bottom of the screen. WHAT!!?? This needs to be fixed asap. Also the look of things suck and you have such a limited amount of personalizations. Really? You need to give your head a shake! Thank you,Very unhappy with Windows 11??!!

:)

Naomi Jamieson, May 15, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

How do you remove the taskbar from bottom of the screen.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern with regards to remove the lock of taskbar and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar.

• Select properties.

• Uncheck the box lock the taskbar and check if it helps.

• And move it to the top or right or left of the screen.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 15, 2024
  3. HeathBert Win User
    When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?

I am one of many many people who prefer to keep their taskbar somewhere other then the bottom of the screen. The lack of this feature keeps me from upgrading to Windows 11, and I do not plan to upgrade at all if the taskbar is locked to the bottom of the screen.

When will the ability to move the taskbar, like we've been able to do in each previous edition of Windows, be added to Windows 11?

HeathBert, May 15, 2024
  4. MrGov Win User

Why did Windows 11 remove the ability to move the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to...

Will the ability for Taskbar Placement on Windows 11 exsist?

Will Microsoft ever add the feature to allow for the taskbar to be moved/placed to the top or left/right side of the screen on Windows 11?

The taskbar at the bottom of the screen is inefficient and bothersome. I don't have the ability to use external programs or modify the registry with StuckRects3. This is a huge pain point and seems Microsoft doesn't care about it or its consumer base.

MrGov, May 15, 2024
Thema:

Why did Windows 11 remove the ability to move the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to...

1. Why did Windows 11 remove the ability to move the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to... - Similar Threads - Why did remove

2. Why did Windows 11 remove the ability to move the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Windows 11 remove the ability to move the taskbar from the bottom of the screen to...: Windows 11 programmers, put the taskbar capabilities back immediately! Oh My Gawd, who made this decision? All you can do is centre the taskbar or move it to the left of the bottom of the screen. WHAT!!?? This needs to be fixed asap. Also the look of things suck and you have...
  3. Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!!: Windows 11 SUCKS!!! Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-they-remove-the-option-to-move-the-taskbar/7c9371cd-36ef-4715-a9c9-562bd155bcb1
  4. Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!!

Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!!: Windows 11 SUCKS!!! Why did they remove the option to move the taskbar in Windows 11? Windows 11 SUCKS!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-they-remove-the-option-to-move-the-taskbar/7c9371cd-36ef-4715-a9c9-562bd155bcb1
  5. Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11?: Users have had the ability to modify the taskbar to suit their individual preferences for decades. This no longer appears to be the case for Windows 11. Why has Microsoft taken the stance of degrading the user experience with this product....
  6. Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11?

Why has Microsoft taken away the ability to move the taskbar in Windows 11?: Users have had the ability to modify the taskbar to suit their individual preferences for decades. This no longer appears to be the case for Windows 11. Why has Microsoft taken the stance of degrading the user experience with this product....
  7. When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?: I am one of many many people who prefer to keep their taskbar somewhere other then the bottom of the screen. The lack of this feature keeps me from upgrading to Windows 11, and I do not plan to upgrade at all if the taskbar is locked to the bottom of the screen. When will the...
  8. When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?

When will the ability to move the taskbar be restored in Windows 11?: I am one of many many people who prefer to keep their taskbar somewhere other then the bottom of the screen. The lack of this feature keeps me from upgrading to Windows 11, and I do not plan to upgrade at all if the taskbar is locked to the bottom of the screen. When will the...
  9. FEATURE REQUEST: ability to move Taskbar.

FEATURE REQUEST: ability to move Taskbar.: I'd like to be able to move Taskbar to the left of the Screen, not just to the left side of the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-request-ability-to-move-taskbar/02841651-7391-4ad9-8e41-93adc656bb32
  10. how to move taskbar to the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to move taskbar to the bottom of screen: moving taskbar from left side of screen to the bottom of screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-move-taskbar-to-the-bottom-of-screen/94b18541-814c-4334-8c99-15fafe72f075