Windows 10: Why do ALL my files get shared?

Discus and support Why do ALL my files get shared? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I enabled network discovery and enabled file and printer sharing on my computer, and when I view that computer over a network from another, I can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ben321, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Ben321 Win User

Why do ALL my files get shared?

I enabled network discovery and enabled file and printer sharing on my computer, and when I view that computer over a network from another, I can see EVERYTHING on that computer. I did NOT manually enable sharing for each of the hundreds of files on my computer, but I can still see everything. I assumed that only shared files would be visible. Please help. I can go into the Downloads and Documents folders (2 folders I absolutely DO NOT want shared) and see all the files there. Please help.

:)

Ben321, Jul 8, 2018

2. File Sharing

Hi Dwayne,

The ability to share files within your homegroup can be set based on your preference in the HomeGroup settings. For us to identify if the file sharing issue is caused by the update or an option not being retained in the HomeGroup setting, we'd like to ask
    for additional details. Please answer the following:

• Aside from installing an update, have you also made any recent changes to the HomeGroup settings?
    • What specific update have you installed before the file sharing stopped working? To check the Update history, follow these steps:
    • On the Search bar, type Settings.
    • Open the Settings app from the search result.
    • Click Update & security and check the Windows Update section.
    • Click the Update history link.
    • Have you already checked if the file and printer sharing is enabled in the
      Advanced sharing settings
      in the Control Panel?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried based on the threads that you've read?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can run the built-in troubleshooter for HomeGroup by following the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel from the search result.
    • Click View all and locate HomeGroup.
    • Click HomeGroup and follow the on-screen guide to run the troubleshooter.
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Guitar Win User
    Steam Game Sharing?

Gaming articles on Engadget

This sounds pretty awesome, if true. There are a lot of old games I don't play that I'd be willing to share with friends, and there are some that I'd want to play but not sure about actually buying as well.

Guitar, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Why do ALL my files get shared?

sharing files

Hi Tracie,

If you would like to share files and folders, we suggest you to use OneDrive. Here are the

steps
    on how to Share OneDrive files and folders.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Why do ALL my files get shared?

1. Why do ALL my files get shared? - Similar Threads - Why files shared

2. Why all of a suden do I get Error for my Logitech mouse?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why all of a suden do I get Error for my Logitech mouse?: This morning I got up turned on my PC and my Logitech wireless Mouse did not work. I changed the battery, moved the usb to different port, tried the troubleshoot. Restarted. Did just about everything. I came here to this Community to ask another Question, and all of a sudden...
  3. Why all of a suden do I get Error for my Logitech mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why all of a suden do I get Error for my Logitech mouse?: This morning I got up turned on my PC and my Logitech wireless Mouse did not work. I changed the battery, moved the usb to different port, tried the troubleshoot. Restarted. Did just about everything. I came here to this Community to ask another Question, and all of a sudden...
  4. Why all of a suden do I get Error for my Logitech mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Do all my files and apps get transferred over?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do all my files and apps get transferred over?: Hi , I recently brought a new PC because my old one was slow and I thought it had a virus. So, I just logged in with the same account and I saw my background and settings have been transferred over , has all of my non-Microsoft store apps and files been transferred over too?...
  6. Why are my files getting blocked?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my files getting blocked?: I have to manually unblock files, by going through - properties - unblock - apply It wasn't like that before, just recently started to happen submitted by /u/Niklas-Jogvan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9d2fu/why_are_my_files_getting_blocked/
  7. Why do all my files say they're shared in file explorer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do all my files say they're shared in file explorer?: All my files say they're shared in file explorer and i am really confused i have all of those sharing settings/remote access settings turned off but my files still say they're shared? does anyone know why this is happening?[ATTACH]...
  8. Why can't I share files on my LAN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I share files on my LAN?: I have 2 laptops running Windows 10 and a PC running Windows XP on my LAN. I am an administrator and the "owner" of all the files on each machine and, as far as I can tell, all files are shared with "full control". I originally had a workgroup on the Windows XP machine and a...
  9. All I want to do is share one file on two computers....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All I want to do is share one file on two computers....: Our checkbook is on my wife's computer. I have installed the same software on my computer (on the same network as hers) and tried to make it see her data, but I guess I am senile or something. (40 years ago I was a computer programmer...) Both computers are on W10. How can...
  10. Why do my files keep getting corrupt?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why do my files keep getting corrupt?: So every couple of months I seem to have a problem... Something acting a bit weird, or my whole computer is amazingly slow, etc.. So I usually go for chkdsk /f /r and sfc /scannow Now when running sfc, I ALWAYS seem to have some corrupt files? Now all I really do is...